Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 446 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 114 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 45 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 181 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 243 ]
Total Votes : 1029

Statistics

We have 15229 registered users
The newest registered user is papojager

Our users have posted a total of 268695 messages in 4649 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:35 pm
The same reason why they decided to remove blacklists from being public is the same reason why you get to have a chance to get your bars back if you break a rule. Everyone deserves a second chance.
Say you stole something; no one will know what the rule broken was unless you go around and tell people. Because you get a chance to redeem yourself and prove yourself legit after learning with your mistake. Now it wouldn't be fair for GASR to have this policy and then allow public blacklists, would it? While you may perfectly decide you no longer want to serve this customer in the future, that doesn't mean the customer does not have a chance to improve themselves and be a better customer to the artists who will be willing to be commissioned by said person. Please remember that GASR isn't just a selling place, because without customers, you cannot make any money. If we can't go around badmouthing artists for stealing, we also can't go around badmouthing customers for scamming, no matter how terrible the situation is.
There are rules in place and a system to punish those who have broken them as well as moderators who will do their best to work on these cases and guarantee that all transactions are safe for both artists and buyers. As it's been said before, sometimes certain situations cannot be resolved as well as we all wish they would be, but that's inevitable unfortunately.

As for this decision overall, I am glad this was implemented.
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 pm
I'm going to add my 5c here as well on this, I don't think the Black Lists where even needed.
Yes, I get it that people can be horrible and do scam-like things but if they're really that bad of a scammer they would get caught out; pretty quick on here I might add. GASR is a small, tightly knitted community.
If something was suspicious it would be wiped out quickly, there are just way too many people on this forum actively looking out for such things that it just isn't funny.  sketch  

Besides, the mod team we have at this point in time is just amazing and they really do have the best interest of GASR in mind, so it's best just to leave the "black-listing" to them (because we all know how quickly drama spreads on here.)
It's just less stress of both your shoulders in the long term, tbh. The mods can get straight to the point of the problem without having to deal with all those nasty rumors and false facts while everyone else can just move on in their life stress free knowing that their problems were heard and someone else is keeping an eye on them! Woo!

I mean, I get it though. If you don't like someone then ban them, have at it! But don't bring down their name so everyone else thinks poorly of them as well, we don't need that negativity here. It really just cases too much hassle for everyone else (not just the mods) and it brings down the community spirit as a whole.
Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 am
To be honest, I used to have a blacklist, but it seems kind of useless because the main people on there were banned from GASR already.

Nobody deserves to be publicly shamed because of an accidental occasion either. The staff is really working hard to keep the forum safe for buyers and sellers.

Since the forum bans users who don't follow rules, there's no real point of having one in general. And if someone wronged you, doesn't mean they do it to everyone. Accidents happen. Hell, sometimes people lose track of things and honestly just forget.

Besides, just make a little note of who you won't be accepting. Why is it anyone else's business? Just notify the staff privately. If other people are scammed as well, eventually that user will be banned.

And as someone who's been scammed on tumblr and deviantART, be thankful the scummy users who take your work and run actually get punished.

Drama is so rampant on IMVU, why bring it here you know?

Just my 2 cents on this, because I was really against this.
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:45 pm
90% of places I know don't allow blacklists at all because it is very possible to just privately ask a user not to order or post on your threads. If you really don't want an artist or buyer coming around your shop that badly, you'll do that with or without a blacklist!

Instead y'all should just have cute lil' whitelists or something bec those are positive ♥
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:54 pm
Just adding my opinion

I do have a blacklist, but I think keeping it private is more respectful rather than letting it be seen by others who are left to think; "Oh this person must've done something really bad to be put on this!! Maybe I should blacklist them too!" And sometimes the reason can be very simple and not really bad at all.

In my opinion I think it's okay to have one, but just don't go around making it public. Keep it on a sticky note or something instead!

edit: I can also see where some people disagree with it and that's totally fine, I think it was a good idea to make the blacklists be taken down since they can be a form of harassment (if I'm correct LOL). But what I'm saying is like if someone really needs to have one, then keep it private.
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 pm
Remember you guys also have the option to privately block a specific user in the Friends and Foes page in your user settings.
They won't be able to pm you and their messages will be hidden from you with the option to view them if you choose.
Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:43 am
I think it's fair that the blacklists aren't allowed. Too many people are getting slandered with no founded proof and it's sad.

I do have a question, so what if you have a problem with a specific user but you didn't give out their name at all anywhere. You only were just publicly asking everyone for advice on how to handle a certain situation. Does that fall into painting that person in a "negative light" category? Would I get a warning for asking everyone's advice on how to handle a PayPal dispute I had a while ago?
Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:08 am
@peculiardork

In a situation like that, asking for help from the community without giving the name/username of the person would not fall under "painting a person in a negative light."

However if you bring it to moderators we can most certainly help you resolve the case much quicker. Not to mention if the person has already been caught in the same offense, they could be banned from the forum so that the trouble doesn't arise again. Even if the situation is resolved without an problems arising, we'll be able to keep a close eye on the person in question in the future if it happens again.

Scamming is never taken lightly, and we can only help if we're informed.

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:36 am
@Cain wrote:
@peculiardork

In a situation like that, asking for help from the community without giving the name/username of the person would not fall under "painting a person in a negative light."

However if you bring it to moderators we can most certainly help you resolve the case much quicker. Not to mention if the person has already been caught in the same offense, they could be banned from the forum so that the trouble doesn't arise again. Even if the situation is resolved without an problems arising, we'll be able to keep a close eye on the person in question in the future if it happens again.

Scamming is never taken lightly, and we can only help if we're informed.

Okay good, I just had to make sure since the rules can get a little confusing for me.

That's good to know. I will keep that in mind for the future. Though the only reason why I hadn't gone to the mods straight away was because once I fought it with Paypal, I did win the case against the person who filed the chargeback and got my money back thanks to the advice that some of the people gave me so I felt it wasn't necessary to go to a mod. I will remember it for next time though to go to the mods if I have trouble and couldn't fight it.

Thank you for answering!
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:00 am
@peculiardork

It's no problem at all, thanks for asking. I'm sure others will benefit from this question being asked and answered.

I do understand things can be confusing, blacklists had always been a bit of a grey area. Which is why this rule is now updated. It's great to hear you won your case.

Yes, it's always a good way to protect the rest of the users including yourself if we're kept aware.

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 am
Glad this is being reinforced, I was on a blacklist for over a year for breaking a rule that wasn't known by me because it was the first custom/dp I'd ever ordered and it was through IMVU so I didn't have any way to know how ordering and such worked and the artist didn't inform me at all on the rules or the actual progress of the art so I didn't know if they'd even started, I was scammed out of lending some money urgently to a friend who didn't repay me and therefore being forced to cancel, somehow leading to a blacklisting

With no reasons even stating why I was blacklisted on their shops it was totally embarrassing and I felt insulted, even asking about it once I did see it when I joined GASR as I was going to consider purchasing from them again and them refusing to remove it after me politely asking as I saw it unfair due to their popularity giving me a bad image for that even after so long - glad there is finally some justice for people who abuse the blacklist
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:41 pm
Well i am agree with blacklist and i don´t think they are harrasment.

Harrasment is when you put someone in a black list to give them bad reputation on porpouse. Those are the case where Mods should act and not by Updating ToS so disarm people from scammers.

Some of you said:
" A person can make a mistake. This does not make them a bad person. There are instances where a buyer may not be able to pay for art, this does not mean they will never pay for art. There have been instances where reputable buyers have been at fault for not being able to pay".

Are you going to a restaurant eat whatever you want and then when is time to pay you would say: "Oops is my mistake i can´t pay now" i bet the restaurant would call the police.

Blacklist is one of the few ways that artist and buyers can be safe. Money and Services are serious, we are not here in school where you can borrow or pay things next day at school , we are talking of real buisness aren´t we?

Sorry dont want to be rude but i am serious when we talk of Money.

Last edited by Uliel on Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:46 pm
Are you giving art away before they pay for it? @Uliel It sounds like you're letting users take your art before they pay you, which could be apart of the problem. :(
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:49 pm
@Marona wrote:
Are you giving art away before they pay for it? @Uliel It sounds like you're letting users take your art before they pay you, which could be apart of the problem. :(

@Marona
You are confusing my point, i am pro blacklist. i would never work without been paid first.
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:51 pm
Oh, no. I completely understand, I was just responding to one of your points, "Are you going to a restaurant eat whatever you want and then when is time to pay you would say: "Oops is my mistake i can´t pay now" i bet the restaurant would call the police."

Since at a restaurant, you eat first, then pay after. Was a bit confused on the comparison.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next