Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 446 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 114 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 45 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 181 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 243 ]
Total Votes : 1029

Statistics

We have 15229 registered users
The newest registered user is papojager

Our users have posted a total of 268697 messages in 4649 subjects

GASR Time

Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:12
Hi, I was just wondering.. are you allowed to use templates from the internet? For example you use an outline of the body from the web but the coloring, outfit etc is done by you. I've already read the rules but I just wanted to double check ^^
Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:22
@luffy - i'm not sure if you mean commissions or adoptables?? and i'm not sure if you mean templates like bases? as far as commissions go, i'm pretty sure on here and on the rules of the base creators, you aren't allowed to use bases for commissions.

however, i do believe bases are okay for adoptables / premade designs? ones that are approved and are either paid for to use or free to use. it'd be wise to link to the base you use if you decide to use them for adopts / premade designs.

however, i believe that bases aren't allowed for commissions and what not.

i only speak on experience of being able to sell designs on bases that are okay to use, but you can ask a mod if you're truly unsure.

@Luxor or @Chelly can probably be of better assistance! hope you get your answers!
Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:22
Like chu said, I'm assuming you're talking about bases/pixel bases that you can normally find on DA.

We do allow things like that and while most times people stick keeping them free, some people do sell them. But be aware, you cannot sell them unless you have specific written out permission from the artist that created the 'template' or base to go ahead and receive profit from it.

For example:
You want to use this base to do as you said ( coloring, outfits etc):

From: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pay-to-use-3-Kawaii-Pixel-base-693852979
On the page, It specifically requests that you pay before you use, and it specifically outlines that you may only use it for your own dolls, and adopts. The artist must always be credited, and unless you receive specific permission to sell custom art with it, you can't just go ahead without the OK.

So I'd say to be careful with it and when in doubt always ask. A simple note asking an artist for permission is all it takes. No rules broken here, No angry artists, everyone lives in harmony LOL

ᴄɪᴇʟᴏ>ʟᴜxᴏʀ

Last edited by Luxor on Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:38; edited 1 time in total
Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:30
@Chu Thanks for your reply ^^ I wanted to use bases from the web to make mini chibis in some practice/free shop idk x-x Do you happen to know how to find out if a base is free to use?
Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:38
@Luffy , always check the artist' page and when in doubt just ask as i said in my previous post!

ᴄɪᴇʟᴏ>ʟᴜxᴏʀ
Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:44
@Luxor Sorry I didn't see your msg :P I just checked and it turns out that the base I was using was free to use and the artist only needed to be given credit ^^ I might start some shop on GASR one day x') Thanks for the help!
Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 9:58
@luffy; please be sure that if you'll be doing that- that is a free shop

I cant stress enough that you absolutely need written permission to sell using bases, even if it says its free for use dis cry

ᴄɪᴇʟᴏ>ʟᴜxᴏʀ
Page 1 of 1