Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 439 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 176 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 239 ]
Total Votes : 1010

Statistics

We have 15176 registered users
The newest registered user is Safeguard

Our users have posted a total of 264275 messages in 4581 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 pm
Hey GASR,

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed.  We will go over the most abused areas one by one so that you guys have a clear understanding of what is not allowed.  

Again, this is a rule we are required to enforce based on Forumotion's TOS in order to make forums hosted by Forumotion safe for users age 13+.  We use the term AP since it is a familiar term to the majority of us that migrated over from IMVU.

Pasties

This has become a recent trend on GASR, and is also the most abusive way users violate the AP guidelines.  While pasties are meant to cover up the nipples, most users push this limit by making the pasties too small, having the nipple outline visible, or both.  If you take a look at our current coverage guide, you can clearly see that a substantial area around the nipple needs to be covered as well, not just the nipple itself.

Wearing pasties that do not cover the full area or barely the nipple itself violates the coverage guide and is the reason why most users with pastie wearing characters are getting in trouble.  

Unfortunately, because of the increase in users abusing the use of pasties, staff have had a discussion and decided that pasties will no longer count as coverage.  

We may re-visit this decision on the new forum, but for the time being, we will not let malicious users cause our current forum to be deleted, which is the consequence for forums breaking Forumotion TOS.

Genitalia

Even though the buttocks is not as big a controversial social issue as the nipple, it is still required to be properly covered.  This is another increasing trend we've noticed, where bottoms of all types wear more like thongs, having majority of the buttocks exposed.  The vagina needs to be properly covered as well.  If we're able to see your bikini line, then you have too much showing.  Both these scenarios are a violation of the AP guidelines.  Referring to the coverage guide again:

You can see that the areas marked in red must be covered entirely.  

We know you guys hate rule changes and being told the same thing over and over, but we have too many members pushing the boundaries almost daily, and we do not want to risk losing everything when we are so close to being moved over.  GASR's Beta Program, ran by @Chelly, is beginning next week.  That means we only have a couple of months, maybe even less, before we can finally rid ourselves of Forumotion.  So.  Close.

Please bare with us for the time being.  All we ask is that you help us help you by continuing to follow the current rules and making sure we don't lose everything we've worked for the past 5 years over something silly like wearing a DP you know Forumotion isn't going to like.

Thanks,
GASR Staff
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:15 am
If you have a current display picture with the use of pasties, or have a shop with artwork made with pasties displayed anywhere, you have until June 17th, one week from this post date, to remove them from the forum.  After a week, warnings will start to be given for any images reported to us wearing pasties.

Example of what is not allowed:  http://www.gasrforum.com/t45917-important-ap-guidelines-refresher#2298517

I understand nobody likes rule changes, and it sucks that we have to make them so close to being out of here, but if you're upset, you can always PM me about it and we'll talk it out.

I'd rather staff not be attacked over this since, again, we can't control forumotion's TOS, no matter how outdated it is.

Last edited by Chelly on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:20 pm; edited 7 times in total
Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:19 am
Thank you guys for the refresher and for updating us on the guidelines especially with the new rule. I appreciate it loads so that I can be aware with future pieces! Much looooove. ❤
Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:23 am
You're welcome!

I also put an update on the rules page itself so people would know when they first click on it. Like stated above, we'll revisit this once we move to the new forum, so hopefully this doesn't turn into an issue.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:23 am
Thank you for the reminder and hopefully the new rule can remind everyone that when ya take advantage of something that was really lax to begin with, it can be taken away just as easily and suck for everyone, even if it's just briefly. :<

Think it's fair though, so thanks for that. :')
Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:52 am
@Vee wrote:
hopefully the new rule can remind everyone that when ya take advantage of something that was really lax to begin with, it can be taken away just as easily

Honestly, we know it's stupid to have to censor artwork on an art forum in 2017, and we've pushed our own limits with forumotion's TOS, allowing the art work to be sold via PM and letting users still use the artwork as DPs as long as it was properly covered/censored, but it's just getting to the point that even with the extra leeway, people are pushing too far.. and with us trying to move and needing stuff like threads and account information to do it properly, we honestly can't risk it right now.

We're almost there. That NSFW section is shining bright out in the distance, waiting for us to dive in. Just hold on a little longer guys!!!

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:03 pm
would shirts like this be allowed? or is that too much boob 
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 pm
@Amy That would be allowed, however these wouldn't:

AP/NSFW Art Warning // Using for Educational Purposes:

Last edited by Chelly on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:17 pm
ok ill remove that example, thanks!!
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:59 pm
Thank you so much for cracking down on the hypersexualization of women.

Also how would you go about women / monster girls who have breasts that aren't quite the norm?
Example:
possible nsfw!!!:

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:07 pm
@Credence

No, that wouldn't be allowed either. If I'm not mistaken, I think we had a discussion about OCs like that in a previous announcement/discussion thread, I just can't remember the exact context?

Or maybe I'm fantasizing about that, but I'm pretty sure that's Rebby's OC and that has definitely been discussed more than once.

Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:15 pm
@chelly

Yeah it's Rebby's OC! Was the only character I could think of that Ive seen like that, but wouldn't doubt there's similar ones with just different nip nops.

+ you might have! was a bit inactive here and there so I may have missed it.
just don't wanna do a monster girl drawing of someone's oc and get in trouble HAH.
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:19 pm
Yeah, if it makes you question yourself, it's best if you just throw some clothes on it or a censor bar of some sort so you don't risk it.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 am
And you can draw it. We're not forbidding anyone from drawing or ordering nudity/pasties/other NSFW artwork, you just can't display it on GASR as is. Can always order via PM and request a censored version or with clothes to use on GASR and another NSFW version to save and use elsewhere, just a suggestion, since in these situations sometimes we over press on the issue and people may think we don't allow it at all.
Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 pm
4 more days left for you guys to change your DPs and remove any images you have linked on the forum(including your profile) that are wearing pasties/considered AP.

After this weekend, warnings will be given out as per our policies with no leniency, so don't be someone who claims they didn't know.

Finger Guns

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next