Gasrforum
HomeEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in
WE'RE MOVING TO THE NEW FORUM DUE TO FORUMOTION BREAKING THIS ONE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THIS THREAD: http://www.gasrforum.com/t47073-forum-move-gasrforum

Statistics

We have 9579 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 264609 messages in 4541 subjects

Online Staff

Thu May 18, 2017 10:16 am
Hi there!

I was hoping if any of you could help me with this problem, since it is bugging me pretty bad.

A little while ago I was unable to install and use my Wacom tablet on my laptop because of some error, luckily eventually I was able to fix it and could draw digitally again. Yet somehow my pen doesn't draw smooth and the lines look horrible.

I searched some help on the internet and I read on some topic that you have to uninstall your current Wacom drivers, then reboot and then install Wacom driver 63.6 and that should fix the problem, yet it unfortunately didn't and my pen still doesn't draw smooth.

I really hope any of you could help me with this. q^q;

Thu May 18, 2017 1:20 pm
Is driver 63.6 the latest driver for your tablet?

Also, what program are you using for your artwork?
Thu May 18, 2017 4:25 pm
if it's not the pen pressure, there could be indents on the actual tablet's surface which will really mess up lines. To prevent/cover indents, i use thin plastic sheets taped to the tablet to protect the screen.
If it's not the tablet, maybe it's the programme! I used to have the same problem, and i'd always have to shut the programme down and re-open it before i'd be able to draw a flowing line, to fix this, i updated the programme after a while. Other from what you've already described, i wouldn't know what else to suggest.
Hope this helps!
Sun May 21, 2017 2:08 pm
On the drivers page, match your tablet's serial number as the ones listed for the driver. A lot of times, the tablet you have and driver you have installed from the newest drivers when in fact the driver you need is one of the previous versions.
Wacom lists their drivers with serial number matching. You can check the back of your tablet for your serial number. It's 3 alphabets a dash and then numbers.