Gasrforum
HomeEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in
WE'RE MOVING TO THE NEW FORUM DUE TO FORUMOTION BREAKING THIS ONE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THIS THREAD: http://www.gasrforum.com/t47073-forum-move-gasrforum

Statistics

We have 9579 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 264609 messages in 4541 subjects

Online Staff

Sat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm
Two questions,
One is how do ya'll go about keeping quality when resizing it to 160x220, I've seen some people just use that size as their drawing area but I find that too restraining and when I resize it I feel like I lose a lot of the picture quality in the process.

The second question is what art program do ya'll most prefer and why? I've been using Paint Tool SAI for the longest now but I'm debating on changing do to the lack of functionality the only thing that's kept me is the simple fact of relearning a new program but I wanna try working with something else I'm just not sure where to start as far as that goes.

Thanks ahead of time I lav you
Sat May 06, 2017 5:35 pm
Personally when working on 160x220 outcome i'll double it up to 320x440
that seems to sort out the quality issue but also doesn't give you too much more unnecessary work

I also use photoshop but also started on sai (gimp before that but we don't talk about the dark days)
I decided to make from sai to photoshop when i started digitally painting and saw a lot of professional artists recommending it for both the personalised brushes and the abundance of tutorials on it.
Though i have seen amazing artists on both sai and photoshop so which ever you feel more comfortable with is perfectly fine, though i would recommend photoshop
Sat May 06, 2017 5:39 pm
keturah wrote:
Personally when working on 160x220 outcome i'll double it up to 320x440
that seems to sort out the quality issue but also doesn't give you too much more unnecessary work

I also use photoshop but also started on sai (gimp before that but we don't talk about the dark days)
I decided to make from sai to photoshop when i started digitally painting and saw a lot of professional artists recommending it for both the personalised brushes and the abundance of tutorials on it.
Though i have seen amazing artists on both sai and photoshop so which ever you feel more comfortable with is perfectly fine, though i would recommend photoshop
Which version of PS would you reccomend?
Sat May 06, 2017 5:42 pm
@BASH
I think any version past cs4 personally as i think that's when timeline was introduced though i may be wrong
i tried to google it but it's such a specific question i can't get a straight answer lol
Timeline just enables you to make gifs, animations or slight movements and as i do animation it's perfect for me!
Sat May 06, 2017 5:55 pm
@KETURAH
Thank you vm for your help much appreciated.
Sat May 06, 2017 5:57 pm
You're totally welcome
* v*
Glad i could help~
Page 1 of 1