Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Moderator Applications are OPEN
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

GASR LGBTQ+ EVENT
June 3, 2017 #event

LGBTQ Pride is one of the largest events today that is celebrated among many major cities across the nation. To celebrate, we’ve organized a contest with our lovely mascot, Blob! Click here to join!

GASR LGBTQ+ PRIDE MONTH
June 1, 2017 #event

It's that time of the year again, in which all the GASR community comes together to celebrate love and equality, promoting a safe space for people of all orientations. In June 2016 we had a LGBTQ+ Pride week and we had an incredible amount of people participating so this year we decided to make it a whole month! Click here to participate!

New Update on Forum Migration
May 23, 2017 #update

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum. Click here to read the full report.

Artist of the Moment

PixyPersephone

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi there ! ~ I'm Irma but if you wish you can call me PixyP ~ I started here in gasr thanks to a friend that invited me to the forum years ago ~ it started like a hobby since the art is one of my passions ~ but many artists here inspired me to improve, so ~ i really like to look back and see how much i have improved here in the gasr community ♡ ! i wish to continue improving in this passion.. so, i'll stay around here making more art for you n.n !

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 368 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 92 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 139 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 169 ]
Total Votes : 800

Statistics

We have 15352 registered users
The newest registered user is Zakara

Our users have posted a total of 227503 messages in 3822 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 368 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 92 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 139 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 169 ]
Total Votes : 800

Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 12:24
@Mariko

@Queen wrote:
Anyone who is already banned will stay banned.  Warnings will move over with you, along with name changes and anything else attached to your account.  Basically, whatever your account is set to on GASR will be set on the new server.  Nothing in that aspect will change.  If you do something that would get you banned here, it'll get you banned there.  (With the exception of the changes we decide to make.)

We're just moving the forum from a host to a server.  We're not wiping out our history.

@StrawberryParadise

Like mentioned before, bringing back the OT had been brought up but we haven't come to a clear conclusion on it so I can't say if it'll be back or not yet, but we do understand you guys want it back so you have a place to talk about non art things.  

It's actually funny that you mention "the forum seems dead."  A few others like to say the same, but in reality, our traffic has actually increased by a steady margin since the end of last year.

When it says there are 80 users online, that doesn't mean those are the same 80 users you saw an hour ago. Time zones and whatnot.  We have an extremely diverse community even though we're mostly English speaking.

I log in and I see over 90-100 people online at a given time.  I've been an extremely active member of GASR since before it moved off site from IMVU and I can tell you that having that many people online and at that frequency hasn't happened since the initial hype of GASR going off site in the first place back in mid 2012. For the past 3 years or so, our steady average has usually been around ~50.

Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 21:00
I 100% support idea of moving to a private server.

I truly respect all the people who work hard for this community without expecting anything in return. You always try to improve this site, make it as good as it can be. And this time is no exception.

Some people might think that there is no point of moving just because of those few "minor" changes (NSFW section, a few additional features,etc). But I think about further future. What if we come up with an incredible idea but we could not do it because of forumotion restrictions? OUR private site would allow to do it because as @Queen said "the possibilities are virtually limitless". So I don't really see any cons here. Yes, it may sound scary and confusing. Yes, there might be some changes but sometimes they are inevitable if we are trying to achieve something, right?
Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 21:40
Is there going to be ads?
Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 23:07
Yes, we will continue to have our paid user ads.

Sun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:50
Will our watched topics also be carried over?
Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 0:12
Topics will be carried over, however you'd have to re-watch them.

Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 9:29
The possibility of making a NSFW section sounds amazing. I vote for move
Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 13:12
At first I was on the fence about this move, but I think it's a great idea.
Having a possible place for AP art would be amazing and just the overall freedom.
I'm sure it gets frustrating having your hands tied at differently opportunities for improvement or change.

Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 17:47
@Omniavanitas wrote:
At first I was on the fence about this move, but I think it's a great idea.
Having a possible place for AP art would be amazing and just the overall freedom.
I'm sure it gets frustrating having your hands tied at differently opportunities for improvement or change.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. It's so frustrating wanting to do certain things but the first thing we gotta ask ourselves is, does it go against forumotion TOS.

Miss me with that.

Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 19:34
I think this is a wonderful idea!
I've had my fair share of forum moves on the forum that I actually moderate, and it can be a scary thing for some users but it's ultimately extremely refreshing and so much better in the long run (especially if it's as beneficial as this one!)
I'm down for it :-)
Tue 11 Apr 2017 - 22:48
Ohhhh yess so excited to see if this happens, yesyesyes     

@Queen wrote:
Topics will be carried over, however you'd have to re-watch them.

I haven't cleaned my watch list in ever so I'm honestly kinda happy that we may get to start new 

will the url/website still be gasrforum.com? if not, will gasrforum redirect for those who don't know about the move?? (my apologies if this has been asked)
Wed 12 Apr 2017 - 0:09
@Baylie wrote:

will the url/website still be gasrforum.com? if not, will gasrforum redirect for those who don't know about the move?? (my apologies if this has been asked)

Yes!! It will still be gasrforum.com :)

++ I doubt we will change the url, but if we do - we will take necessary actions to make sure people are aware of it.

Wed 12 Apr 2017 - 0:26
Yeah, I see no reason why we would need to change the url. We should be able to transfer it without issue once forumotion gives us the information we need in order to do so.

Wed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:31
I'm all for a fresh start. I've been part of this community since 2008 or earlier.
To see gasr get something new I think would be great. I am not as active here as I use to be due to my art being more nsfw or a little more mature than allowed here on the forum.
Starting new would be great for gasr. Especially after all the drama and what not thats happened over the last two years.
I'd love to see gasr thrive alot more as a community. People being more active within the forums not just online. I have noticed we have alot more traffic now than what we've had before and moving would help expand to a broader audience.
I don't sell art on here like I used to due to the demand isn't like it was before. OR that the forum itself isn't as appealing as it once was. I used to log in everyday several times a day and now I maybe log in once or twice a month IF that.

I am definitely all for the move. Seeing more things other than just art in the forum would be awesome and also expanding the art forum itself would be amazing as well
Wed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:40

so is this becoming a sure thing now or is it still being questioned?
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next