Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 439 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 176 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 239 ]
Total Votes : 1010

Statistics

We have 15176 registered users
The newest registered user is Safeguard

Our users have posted a total of 264278 messages in 4581 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 439 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 176 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 239 ]
Total Votes : 1010

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:26 pm
@UNEQUAL
I'm not sure why you're feeling attacked as i'm not attacking or meaning to seem that way. I only brought up your past experiences as you when mentioning the 'shit show behind scenes' it was reasonable to assume you meant moderator team as nothing else goes on behind scenes that moderators are not actively involved / are running. My assumption doesn't seem to be a lead to assume you were basing this off your active time in the ''behind the scenes'' though i apologise if that isn't the case. I don't think you did anything wrong, i seem to have a different memory of the reason you stepped down as i only know what you told me but you seem to be referring to an event i wasn't involved in ;;;;

GASR WAS disorganised. The team is a lot more focused and is actively taking on users opinions, considering and then putting in place those new features that users hope to see. Moving the forum is one such case of this. Users disliked being told ''it's Forumotion rules, not ours'' and while this is just part of the reason, it was one of the pushing factors towards looking into moving GASR as a forum. The others being more control on the look, feel and features within GASR.

Currently our team is looking into making changes in the rules / removing certain rules to best benefit GASR in the long run. I personally do not have this list to show to you so it may be best asking a moderator who does (most likely chelly as she worked out the logistics of this move so knows it best)
"will be able to act like one while keeping the peace"? in this i vaguely refer to mainly the nipple rule and artistic nudity /sexually suggestive content. Moving away from forumotion allows us to let artists create works of art free from having to worry about censorship when used artistically. It has recently been brought up a few times in discussions inside and outside of the team. While we wish to allow sexually suggestive artwork, we cannot due to Forumotions limitations on such art.

Ah we do take suggestions and add them to our list to discuss, this does not mean it'll be voted on NOR does it mean it'll be put into place before throughly being discussed by the team first. Currently this hasn't been brought up to our team and therefore hasn't been discussed as i assume we're prioritising certain other changes first though if it's on the list it'll bound to come up, though i do think it unlikely.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:50 pm
To answer your last question in your original post,

In the past, it was a habit that changes would be made without involving the community.  Results?  Lots of angry and confused people wondering why they weren't informed and being told to "just deal with it."

We opened this discussion because we don't want to continue practices that aren't positive.  We want to know what members want and don't want, even if it's something small like adding a new emoji list.  

Without its members, GASR wouldn't exist, so when the option of moving the forum from a host to a server is a possibility, I'm confused on why anyone wouldn't think this is such an important topic that the members should be allowed to have a voice instead of "just moving it." This will effect everyone, not just staff.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:56 pm
@Unequal wrote:
Because if it's not a big deal, why not just go ahead with it anyway. I'm not sure why the community opinions are needed when it seems like this will only affect mods?

The community opinions is very much needed in this matter. We do not want to make any major changes to the forum without hearing what the community has to say. In the past, GASR made many changes and the community had no voice in the matter, which left many people displeased. The current staff team doesn't want to go down a similar road. We want to be better. Thus having this discussion thread show that we ARE listening.

edit: OOPS. Chelly beat me to it but I'll just leave my reply

@keturah did a wonderful job at explaining things and I don't think she was attacking you any sort. When you said "it's a shit show behind the scenes", it's hard not to assume you meant the team. Even I myself thought you were talking about the team. I guess it was a misunderstanding from both sides, so please don't take her response as a personal attack, because it wasn't. But thank you for clarifying what you meant by that statement now. I wish you would have done that in your first post, but that's okay!

But anyways, Rose is correct that we don't have list because right now it's an ongoing discussion. I'm sure as we move along with the process, more things will be added/discussed. We wanted to hear from the community first, discuss all the suggestions that was given, and then decide if there should be more rules that needs to be included. Of course, any rules that will added/changed will be announce to let everyone know. At this very moment, we can't let you know for certain what other rules will be different as we ourselves don't know yet. I guess @Queen can come in and clarify this more for you if needed.

As it's already mention in the pro lists, the private server will allow many things that we can't have currently. Is that what you're confused about? The pro lists? Sorry, I'm just trying to understand how you can't see it won't benefit the community. I thought the pro list did that job, but if that's what you're confused about, then I guess Chelly or Mar can clarify that better for you.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:19 pm
I voted for yes and I think it is a great idea.
I am not sure if this has been asked before but will we be able to customize our profiles (the page of our profile) once GASR moves to a private server? (with CSS)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:22 pm
@Aneta

Profiles are already customizable with CSS parsed bbcode. Could you elaborate further on what you mean?

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:26 pm
@Queen like the homepages on Imvu, where you change the whole layout.
(and sorry, I didn't know you could already change the profiles (like the background) with CSS >.< - the BB one I knew - My last standpoint was that it is possible to change the layout - for example background - but a staff member does that for payment or something - that's the information I read somewhere, but maybe I am just not up to date haha or just misinformed)
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:33 pm
@Aneta

OHHHHH you meant the actual layout itself.

Okay I'm sorry for misunderstanding you! I don't think forum profiles in general can have the same customization as IMVU profiles, just because they're meant to be basic and user friendly, but I'm not going to say I'm 100% sure cause it might be possible.

I'll look into that for you here soon and let you know what I find!

+ yeah we charge for backgrounds because we have to create a code for each user individually to have a special background, and mainly because it's an extra incentive for you guys to keep donating so we never have to worry about being low on funds for forum costs. More info is on the donation page! I'd link but I'm on mobile right now. :(

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:42 pm
Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:48 pm
@Queen @Mar

Oh sorry, I thought it would be possible to implement that once GASR is on the private server but seeing how you guys make profit from it (and also def need it to keep GASR going) it would be a stupid idea.

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:35 pm
I do like the idea of kinda more customization with the user profiles! I would like to see something implemented with that in the future. :]

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:36 pm
Finger Guns :rainbowcool:

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:08 pm
Thanks for the 3 replies.

@keturah

Yes, i should have stated I was talking about the system. I just assumed nobody would think i was directly talking to the team when i hardly got to even know half of of them. Especially when it was brought up how the system was becoming outdated in the past.

@queen

Quote :
This will effect everyone, not just staff.

I understand the technical side but i wanted to know more about what will be updated with our current TOS. I thought the new TOS may have been discussed and that was the main reason for moving. I have misunderstood about how much the TOS would change, i thought it was changing drastically, not just a NSFW addition.  

@fervent

Quote :
We wanted to hear from the community first, discuss all the suggestions that was given, and then decide if there should be more rules that needs to be included. Of course, any rules that will added/changed will be announce to let everyone know.

Thank you for this, that is all i wanted to know about the future TOS.

Quote :

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand how you can't see it won't benefit the community.

I'm not saying it won't or will, i'm asking how. I just don't understand because there isn't a lot of information regarding how this change can do good for GASR in the long run (not on the technical side or even traffic wise, obviously those themselves are good points) just in what other plans do you guys have, which now confirmed will be discussed and stated at a later date.
That's the main concern i had with how much it will benefit the community. I have nothing against all the technical changes and moving, there is nothing wrong with it. There is huge potential there. But mentioning a IMVU sub-forum as a possibility and moving even further away from IMVU as well as updating TOS is bound to be a little alarming for a few when there are no details yet.

Furthermore i am not against this move or the future of GASR, I am just sceptical which i think is understandable. Once more information is released i'm sure the bigger picture will be more visible then.
I'll pm any further questions from this point
Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:15 pm
@Aneta wrote:
@Queen @Mar

Oh sorry, I thought it would be possible to implement that once GASR is on the private server but seeing how you guys make profit from it (and also def need it to keep GASR going) it would be a stupid idea.

It's not stupid at all!  I'm actually glad you asked 'cause the profiles weren't even a thought in my mind.  (Yay for discussion topics!)  Maybe once we move and everything settles down again, and have more goodies for you guys to buy, we can discuss the background situation and see about lowering the price or letting you guys change it yourself.  (No guarantees, but who knows.  You guys having the ability to change it means less work for us and it doesn't hurt to bring it on the table at a later date, but we can't let you guys change it on forumotion because forumotion, hence the individual codes.)

Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:43 am
I voted yes, since I am usually all for progress and change.
Especially if the change is done with the intent to breathe new life into this place.
I want to continue to be part of the community, but I feel lately, like it's so dead here, so I haven't been logging in as much.
Since this is strictly an art forum, it would be cool to add features or places that allow community members to talk to each other about things that aren't necessarily art related.
Anything that expands the limits of what artists can do is something I fully support.
Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:20 pm
With this move, I am actually rather curious about the green "health" bars as I like to call them. Will those be reset for people who are a part of gasr currently? What about users that are banned from the forum right now? Will they be allowed to rejoin?
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next