Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 441 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 179 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 241 ]
Total Votes : 1017

Statistics

We have 15181 registered users
The newest registered user is JpOui

Our users have posted a total of 265564 messages in 4606 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 441 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 179 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 241 ]
Total Votes : 1017

Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:35 am
@Mar wrote:

Regarding the layout, I think it's gonna stay pretty similar to what we currently have because moving is already such a big change, you know? (even though for the users it won't be that noticeable, for us staff it's a huge change) We don't want to change everything at once, and it's gonna take a bit for everyone to adjust to all the changes we have coming, so any layout changes will be gradually introduced and thought of according to the community's needs.

@Queen wrote:
I replied to you Alex, but Mar pretty much said the exact same thing I did.  LOL  (Guess we typed at the same time.)

Any plans on changing the theme will be put on hold until everyone is comfortable again on the new platform.  I already have some of you guys sending me color palette ideas and I am def going to try them out and see what works.  I'm excited to have help brighten this place up.

Forumotion doesn't own this theme. This is custom to GASR, so the design is coming with us.

Last edited by Queen on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:37 am
@Queen wrote:
@Mar wrote:

Regarding the layout, I think it's gonna stay pretty similar to what we currently have because moving is already such a big change, you know? (even though for the users it won't be that noticeable, for us staff it's a huge change) We don't want to change everything at once, and it's gonna take a bit for everyone to adjust to all the changes we have coming, so any layout changes will be gradually introduced and thought of according to the community's needs.
Oh. Didn't see that. That's embarrassing ;-;
Thanks! <3
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:38 am
It's no prob. Since you're the third? person to ask, I'll go ahead and chuck it into the FAQs list on the first page.

eue

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:18 pm
So I have a question and sorry if I sound really stupid but like gasr keeps saying it wants to seperate itself with imvu which I get with the
resellers etc
but alot of gasr users are imvu users and are linked to imvu so i'm a little confused on how exactly gasr is declaring to separate themselves.

Are you saying it in the paypal only no credit payments
I'm just a little confused about that

Also Cost is a smidge higher.
Will this mean that eventually we will be paying towards to use the private forum e.g. monthly fee's

Just thought i'd ask these questions instead of assuming :)
thank you

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:10 pm
@Victimised I think the form of payment is up to the artist. Artists can choose to accept paypal or credits or dA points however they see fit. We can't completely unlink from imvu and say that imvu art/payment isn't allowed at all. As a majority of the gasr community came from imvu, I don't think we can completely remove imvu's presence on gasr. By declaring ourselves as separate from imvu, we removed the requirement to have an imvu account to be a member of gasr. Non-imvu users can be a part of the Gasr community as well.

As far as cost goes, we won't have to pay any monthly fees or the like. As state by staff: "The funds we would normally use to pay for Forumotion to host us is the same money we would use to pay for the private server.  The funds we have are funds you guys give us via donations and purchases.  (Ad Space, Name Changes, Backgrounds, etc.)"

Last edited by Macarons on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:10 pm
I thinks thats a good idea, but it will be a hard work for mods, admins and technitians. Thanks for keeping this forum up ^^
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:30 pm
@Victimised With this change, nothing will change besides the fact that we're no longer tied to forumotion, simple as that. Credits will still be a thing obviously because our community is still highly IMVU based. All we want to do to seperate from IMVU is basically accept other communites from other websites instead of just IMVU. IMVU will always be a part of the forum, we will never ban it or not allow it.
As for the costs, like Macarons said (thanks for the help btw!) the users will never have to pay for anything they don't want to pay. We have plenty of donations to keep us up for a good while (probably a few years) so we can 100% afford the domain and hosting with the current funds, it won't be much different from what we pay now.
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm
@Mar no problem. I like to help how I can when possible Finger Guns
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:11 pm
This is exciting!

Hopefully there will be the chance to expand the inboxes more (I know how quickly that thing fills). It will be awesome for GASR to no longer need to consider if Forumotion will allow something or not (especially with how undefined some of their rules are). I agree with other the concerns of other users to please try not to overwork yourselves with this. You guys have a ton on your plates with all the updates!

You guys have a lot of great things planned for the future, and it will be awesome to see how much further this community can go once GASR has more freedom.
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:17 pm
@Macarons Thank you for clarifying hun puts my mind at ease :)
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:43 pm
the cons don't even sound like cons I'm in!
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:23 am

Thanks to those that are helping us answer questions, but I'd prefer if you'd let staff answer in the future to avoid confusion or possible miscommunication since things might change.  By all means tho, if someone asks a question that's already answered, quote it from us or the faqs.  

So excited that most of the forum is on board with this so far!!

Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:53 am
What exactly will change about our TOS?
I get the whole NSFW thing, but we did have a section for this before which did fail.
Even then, did we not just go against Forumotion's TOS in order to have that sub-forum anyway? Or was that not a rule back then.

From what i can see, moving to a private server will benefit the moderators and make their jobs easier. We all know it's a shit show behind the scenes.
I'm not exactly understanding how this will benefit the community. Yeah we will get new people, but we are already open to the public.
If i remember correctly, i did some of my own research and 6k people have joined this forum this year. I can't quote myself on that exact number since it's in the moderator section however, but it is proof that we have traffic, just nobody noticed.

In terms of the IMVU-sub forum idea, I did make my opinion clear about this and i get the whole moving away from IMVU thing but we did this a while ago when we opened up GASR.
Does creating an IMVU sub-forum not just defeat the purpose of this, it's literally dedicating a whole sub-forum to a site "nobody" seems to want anything to do with..
Instead of a discussion in the moderator section, can someone do some research on how many IMVU artists there are in comparison to other artists? I don't even see how a public vote will benefit this since it won't be all IMVU artists voting, and people who want nothing to do with IMVU simply don't use it. I don't really want people who hate everything to do with IMVU deciding my own fate if i'm honest.

I just think it's very bland to say "we are moving". I don't get what this means. I'm not even for or against it because i simply don't understand how this will benefit GASR.
I mean does it just mean we have a prettier looking GASR? Even then why is this worth it.
I'm just not getting it guys at all, please can you provide more in depth reasons as to why this is needed.
Because if it's not a big deal, why not just go ahead with it anyway. I'm not sure why the community opinions are needed when it seems like this will only affect mods?
Basically, very confused. Clarification would be great.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:25 pm
@Unequal
Hi sweetie, your post and reply seems very confused and has a lot of questions, i'll try to answer these as best as i can to help you fully understand this proposition better and therefore have a more well formed opinion regardless of what you choose to vote for.

The changes in TOS mainly refer to the rules regarding nudity and sexually suggestive work. By moving away from Forumotion we are then able to allow these works to be sold, distributed and enjoyed on our site without having to worry about the possible removal of our site from Forumotion. As it stands, if Forumotion views our site and sees work it deems against it's TOS, it can close GASR down.

''We all know it's a shit show behind the scenes. ''
While i very much understand this is your personal opinion but the circumstances of the moderator team seems tainted by your experience with us, and i'm so sorry it had to be such a negative one. Since moving to Discord our moderator group is more active and communicating worlds better then we previously have.
No, we're not perfect, but nor would i describe any of us or my team as a shit show. I really do hope you can come to see, especially if these changes are put in place, that we all care deeply for GASR and are doing are best to communicate and work together to create the best environment for our community to grow.

Moving away from Forumotion and it's benefits are listed in the first post but to sum them up:
► The rules on GASR will be 100% our own, we are an art forum and will be able to act like one while keeping the peace
► Improvements will be able to be made to the site itself (i'm not too good on coding myself but chelly will be able to give you a more in depth idea of this once it's discussed fully). But some such mentioned add ons are galleries, better moderation tools and increased site performance and loading speed.

''In terms of the IMVU-sub forum idea''

I'm a bit confused on where this is mentioned as i personally don't remember this ever being a legitimate discussion other then a passing comment. This idea isn't currently being discussed or put into action as when GASR moved away from IMVU we did this to be able to open up our forum to other users from other sites. By having a IMVU dedicated forum this then defeats that purpose and feels more like the back step, which is as you described it. So you won't have to worry about this or the vote??? as there isn't one currently being planned at all.
We're all a bit confused of where you've got this idea, i hope you haven't worried too much on it
;v;

''I just think it's very bland to say "we are moving". I don't get what this means. I'm not even for or against it because i simply don't understand how this will benefit GASR.''
As said before, all the pros and cons are listed in the first post, you may have missed them as they aren't currently in the first post but rather the second. Please take a few minuets to read them and if you have any further questions on them please let me of any other staff member know and we'll do our best to explain as best we can.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:50 pm
@KETURAH

Thank you for the detailed reply, i appreciate it!

I was wondering what other TOS GASR could then use, since it seems we are moving in order to allow NSFW practises only? Would we have more options on what could be sold on here?
For example, print work, photography etcetc.
How would our current TOS change apart from NSWF practises, in short.

I would also like to say i did not refer to the team as a shit show . I was talking about what goes on behind the scenes referring to the outdated systems in place and overall, it can get very disorganised. I am talking about the logistics to how GASR is run. Members of your team also understand how unorganised it gets behind the scenes. THAT is what i was referring to.

Quote :
While i very much understand this is your personal opinion but the circumstances of the moderator team seems tainted by your experience with us
I did nothing wrong, let's be clear about that before we bring personal experiences in here, of which i did not in my last post apart from pointing out issues that were already in place like the disorganisation. My personal experience was never brought forward to the mod team by me either, so no understanding my personal opinion is pretty irrelevant when talking about the community, especially when the team is unaware of it  to begin with.

Quote :
► The rules on GASR will be 100% our own, we are an art forum and will be able to act like one while keeping the peace
Yes this was my point. What will the rules be and how will they change from our own current TOS apart from the addition of new NSFW rules? Perhaps giving more information for how this will change will help those who are 50/50 decide, because like myself there are people confused about what exactly the move will change for the community. Also i'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "will be able to act like one while keeping the peace"?

The IMVU sub forum idea discussed on PG 1 found http://www.gasrforum.com/t45013-discussion-moving-gasr-to-a-private-server#2250848
Quote :
That IMVU sub-category suggestion is good.  Hold on to that and I'll add it to the discussion to-do list for staff.

Quote :
Everyone's opinions will be considered in this.  This is such a huge decision for GASR and we are not going to take this lightly.  Do not attack others for their feedback and do not use this as a platform to express personal concerns as those posts will be deleted and you may receive a warning.

Literally page 1 it states everyones opinions will be considered in here. I'm simply just asking more questions and i shouldn't have to feel attacked by doing so because of "past experiences".
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next