Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Moderator Applications are OPEN
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

GASR LGBTQ+ EVENT
June 3, 2017 #event

LGBTQ Pride is one of the largest events today that is celebrated among many major cities across the nation. To celebrate, we’ve organized a contest with our lovely mascot, Blob! Click here to join!

GASR LGBTQ+ PRIDE MONTH
June 1, 2017 #event

It's that time of the year again, in which all the GASR community comes together to celebrate love and equality, promoting a safe space for people of all orientations. In June 2016 we had a LGBTQ+ Pride week and we had an incredible amount of people participating so this year we decided to make it a whole month! Click here to participate!

New Update on Forum Migration
May 23, 2017 #update

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum. Click here to read the full report.

Artist of the Moment

Neptunus

Visit my shop View my bio

Hello there! My name is Cosmin and I'm a 15 years old teenager that lives in Romania. Art is one of my passions along with IMVU. I like creating art for others and for myself sometimes as well. I can't call myself a pro because I am not, but I can call myself an improving artist. I want to get to a level where I can be extremely proud of myself. I'll just have to wait and see.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 358 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 91 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 136 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 165 ]
Total Votes : 782

Statistics

We have 15281 registered users
The newest registered user is Karola

Our users have posted a total of 225003 messages in 3775 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 358 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 91 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 136 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 165 ]
Total Votes : 782

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 3:14
@Trifling wrote:
1. what's OT? ( old theme?? )
2. I kind of like this idea but does that mean no more rules? Like you can't get a bar removed for some reason?
3. Will some rules still be placed? if so, which ones??
4. Can you get banned upon the new server?

5. Will you send us a PM upon when to change our password?
6. Will we have to pay? or do you mean just for the mods/artists it'll cost them?
7. Does this mean the mods can tell us what to do in the new forum? since it'll be more freedom, does that mean if we don't like a rule can we vote and discuss upon it or it'll just automatically be set?
8. I like the idea of the AP area, 100% and the fact it'll be more independent but  i'm a  bit scared of the possible changes to the theme. I like how it is and i know how to work it and it took me awhile to figure some of it out, LOL 
9. Will all our PM's be gone? 
 With all of that stated i did not vote in the poll just yet

1. OT is Off-topic as answered already
2. GASR rules will still apply as is. They'll probably just modify the rules a bit to account for the AP artwork that currently breaks Forumotion's ToS. The new server would probably be less restrictive on that account. But yes. Most of the current rules will probably still apply on the new server.
3. As mentioned in 2.
4. Ofc they'll have the capability to ban you. A forum isn't a forum without the ability to ban toxic people who constantly break rules.
5. That was already answered by staff. You'll receive an email to the email address associated with your GASR account to change the password
6. I dont think anyone would have to pay anything? GASR is run on a donation basis, unless you're donating to GASR, or paying for a profile theme/name change. I don't believe you'll be paying anything
7. Rules are rules for a reasons. If you don't like a rule or have concerns with it, you can always bring it up to staff and then they can evaluate if it needs to changed/removed. It is up to staff to decide whether it should be brought to a community vote.
9. The post by staff mentioned data loss for posts/threads. Not sure about PMs tho. @Queen Can you clarify on that?

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 3:17
guess i skipped over it, whoops, thanks tho
Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 3:58
@Trifling wrote:
1. what's OT? ( old theme?? )
2. I kind of like this idea but does that mean no more rules? Like you can't get a bar removed for some reason?
3. Will some rules still be placed? if so, which ones??
4. Can you get banned upon the new server?

5. Will you send us a PM upon when to change our password?
6. Will we have to pay? or do you mean just for the mods/artists it'll cost them?
7. Does this mean the mods can tell us what to do in the new forum? since it'll be more freedom, does that mean if we don't like a rule can we vote and discuss upon it or it'll just automatically be set?
8. I like the idea of the AP area, 100% and the fact it'll be more independent but  i'm a  bit scared of the possible changes to the theme. I like how it is and i know how to work it and it took me awhile to figure some of it out, LOL 
9. Will all our PM's be gone? 
 With all of that stated i did not vote in the poll just yet

1.  Off-Topic section.  It should be called the Misc. section since it's art related, but we had to remove all non-art related posts a while back due to some interesting characters and some have expressed they would like for it to return.

2. No, we're keeping our rules, but by moving to our own server, we won't have to keep Forumotion's rules.  We can also adjust some of our rules to not be so strict, as we've had to do because of Forumotion as well.

3.  Re: #2

4. Anyone who is already banned will stay banned.  Warnings will move over with you, along with name changes and anything else attached to your account.  Basically, whatever your account is set to on GASR will be set on the new server.  Nothing in that aspect will change.  If you do something that would get you banned here, it'll get you banned there.  (With the exception of the changes we decide to make.)

5. No.  As stated before, the email attached to your GASR account will be sent a password reset link.  You must follow the steps in that email to create a new password to be able to log-in to the new forum.  If you don't have access to the email on your GASR account, it's best if you update it to one that works or you won't receive a password to log-in.

6.  I'm not sure what you mean.  No one is being asked to pay for anything.  The funds we would normally use to pay for Forumotion to host us is the same money we would use to pay for the private server.  The funds we have are funds you guys give us via donations and purchases.  (Ad Space, Name Changes, Backgrounds, etc.)

7.  The mods will have the same authority in the new forum.  We're breaking away from forumotion, but that doesn't mean you guys can ignore all rules and just do as you please.  No, users will not dictate the rules.

8.  Stated before, the theme is not changing.  I will move everything over and design the new forum to match the current them on forumotion as best as I possibly can.

9.  Yes.  We are not moving Private Messages over.  That will be up to you to store any info within a PM.  We do not have access to any of your messages so we cannot move them over.  ( That's why it's called private messaging. c: )

Hope that clears things up.

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 4:08
While I'm here, I'll post another answer to a question I got earlier via PM.  Btw, I would prefer you ask questions in here because others might have a similar question and want an answer as well!

Even if we decide to have a section where you can post all of your AP/NSFW goodies, you still CANNOT use AP/NSFW artwork as your profile picture/display picture.  Those will be viewable by EVERYONE, including those under the age of 18.  That is a rule that will NEVER change.

I hope you guys keep that in mind.  We've never allowed AP images as Display Pictures and some of you are thinking that in the new forum you'll be able to. This is not the case.

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 5:14
@Cameron wrote:
I voted yes, but I think you should of included "Don't care" as an option. I honestly don't care either way what choice you make. I'd be fine with either option.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added it.

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 5:55
what about people being recently banned for violating forumotions tos
since on the new one
the reason they were banned literally doesnt matter anymore
Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 5:56
ok coo,thx made my decision 

Last edited by Trifling on Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 6:04; edited 1 time in total
Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 6:00
I believe that this move will be a huge beneficial change for GASRForum. I'm 100% for this move.
A lot of things have been limited due to our connection with Forumotion.
We can finally become an independent website, which has been a dream for many people including myself (as GASRForum's vast perspectives conflict with Forumotion's Terms of Service/Rules), and thus certain rules or restrictions will not be a problem.
GASRForum becoming independent, with our own T.O.S and rules can broaden our spectrum of art allowed on the site.
As we will be able to choose what is allowed and not, instead of Forumotion choosing for us.
The growth of GASRForum will completely be in our community's hands!
But of course, we have been tied to Forumotion since 2012, and many people might still want to cling to what they're comfortable with, which is completely natural. Not to mention the few cons do matter greatly, if anyone is not completely informed about this move, a loss of an account is the worst case scenario.
I believe being patient is the best move until every last detail is taken care of and spoken about.

Everyone, please let us know your thoughts, however positive or negative it might be. We want all possible feedback from our GASRForum's community so make sure to speak up!

current mood:
overworked & stressed
Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 6:34
@Guthix

That would be something we'd have to discuss as a team, but you also have to look at it this way. If they were banned because of something, that means they repeatedly broke a rule. The rule might have been total garbage and out of our control, but they continued to break it none the less after repeated reminders, warnings, and then leading to the ban. That will also be considered if we discuss this as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

@Trifling

I'm sorry that you're disappointed you'll have to keep following rules on the new forum? Or is it from something else? If you weren't happy with one of the answers I gave, please let me know and I can clarify. I tried answering them to the best of my ability and understanding.

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 7:02
I really think moving GASR to a private server is one of the best things that can happen for GASR. The list of all the pros just prove it. Especially when we will break away from all the things we are tied to currently.

I mean think about it, we are already a very popular art forum on forumotion, if not the most popular forum and we have abide by their ToS for all these years. It's about time we break free and have own on ToS that will help gain more artists and members from all around the web. Which will benefit us a lot. I want to see GASR evolve into something even better that it is now. And frankly, the best step is to move to a private server.

I understand changes can be scary, but sometimes changes are good.
I hope everyone takes the time to read and really think about it before making your decision.

++ I'm really excited about the new forum system and report systems. hee

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 7:08
Everyone tag Kim when you use the report system on the new forum.

Thanks, xoxo. Finger Guns

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 7:21
@Queen it's not that at all, I prefer not to discuss why, I got all the answers i needed to make my decision x) ty
Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 7:24
Alright, sorry we couldn't persuade you otherwise.

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 7:28
@Queen wrote:
Everyone tag Kim when you use the report system on the new forum.

Thanks, xoxo.  Finger Guns

jk I take it back. I'm not excited about the report system

Thu 6 Apr 2017 - 11:16
Just a question
(I've already voted for yes since its a good thing generally :>)

Is the current GASR forum's theme/interface (Idk the proper word for the whole look of GASR ;w;)
Is from forumotion? Or when we get to the new server, the whole look of the forum will change as well?

I'm just curious because me personally, it would be nice after going to the new server, the interface is still the same and then gradually change it so the users won't be too confused on where to go and all that. Just a suggestion! All in all though, i'm a go for the whole moving to a private server. 
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next