Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 441 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 179 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 241 ]
Total Votes : 1017

Statistics

We have 15181 registered users
The newest registered user is JpOui

Our users have posted a total of 265568 messages in 4606 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 441 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 179 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 241 ]
Total Votes : 1017

Tue 23 May 2017 - 17:47
Yeah, like on the HBAD forum, we had a similar system, but the points could be used to purchase layouts that were donated for us to give to users and other stuff.

The points were gained by being active on the forum, not just people liking your posts.  Something like that would be more useful than just anonymous clicks of a heart on your post.

Tue 23 May 2017 - 22:08
Im very excited for this! ;w;

I hope I can still put up some suggestions here, though Idk if they would work

idk if its possible or anything but I would like to things similar to badges here. I mean I love imvu badges because they are so cute, but as I dont play imvu, they are of no use to me there lol.
So I thought it would be cool to have something similar here?
It would be nice if I could gift my customers different kind of badges/icons for their support. Like I would deff. have a badge for all my customers, and one for people who have bought on my premade shop, and one for 5+ pieces bought from me and so on. Like unlockable rewards or something.
This could also be a source for the income of the forum. For someone to create a badge they would need to pay to the forum.

I also thought about maybe adding some kind of "status" tag to the shops. Like you can put there if its open/full/hiatus. So people can sort out the full ones, and also when you subscribe to the thread, you can choose to get a notification only when the status changes, instead of each time the thread has a reply ??
idk if its possible also, but just an idea 0:
Tue 23 May 2017 - 22:13
The first one is probably a no, but I'll add it to the list.  Any suggestions from IMVU are more than likely to be declined because we're trying to break away from them, not take from them.

Edit:  To add on to this, the badge system on IMVU is broke as is, and we don't have the manpower or resources to have a system like this put in place that also allows all images to be screened before being used as a badge to prevent illegal images from being used and so forth.  The badge community on IMVU is always an absolute mess and, even tho I don't speak for all mods, I'm betting my bottom dollar we don't want to bring that to GASR.

Too many people try to blur the lines between what is acceptable for artwork being made and being used as a badge image, and most refuse to listen and accuse us of just being big fat meanies when we tell them what they're doing is wrong.

+ We already have a way for you guys to create shop statuses.  You can do it via the Topic Image.

We already have some members who do it this way, to show if they're full, open for orders, closed, or if they're having a sale in their shop.  For example, this was a user who was having a Buy One Get One Sale:

Tue 23 May 2017 - 22:31
I understand that the badge thing can become a mess though
But even if not like that, I would still like that artists could give their followers some kind of rewards in some kind of way like that. or like in twitch that subs can get their cool sub icon or exclusive emotes
@.@
gotta think better about it ;-;

and oh, yeah I understand you can use the topic images for status,... but the tag I suggested for was mostly for what I said later, so users that "watch" the topic can choose to only get notifications when this tag is changed to "open". Since receiving a notification each time the thread gets any kind of reply might be too much
but okk :c
Tue 23 May 2017 - 22:54
That would be cool. I can look into it, but I don't wanna make any promises. I'm not sure something like that is possible on a forum, but you never know.

Tue 23 May 2017 - 23:08
yeah I understand ;w;
Maybe somedayyyyyyyy
I can dream, will post more things if something comes to mind tho~
Wed 24 May 2017 - 7:11
*silently stalking thread*
That actually is a really good idea T^T
Either way with how this is looking
it seems like this move is going to be awesome!
Wed 24 May 2017 - 14:57
Are the TOS of the Forumotion thing the reason that the Off-Topic threads are art-based only?
I really miss the random ones where we could talk about animes and movies and books and games and all that.
I've been inactive back then when I noticed some threads were deleted.
Maybe I got it wrong and they were just simply dead? sketch
Wed 24 May 2017 - 16:20
@Marimo Not really, we had to close the OT due to the drama that some people caused constantly which forced the mods to be trying to solve conflicts in non art related threads nearly every day. We gave the forum two options: delete the entire OT or keep it art related only. Most voted to keep it art related so that's what we did.
However, I do want to bring the OT back in the new forum now that I feel things are more in control~
Wed 24 May 2017 - 16:38
@Mar wrote:
@Marimo Not really, we had to close the OT due to the drama that some people caused constantly which forced the mods to be trying to solve conflicts in non art related threads nearly every day. We gave the forum two options: delete the entire OT or keep it art related only. Most voted to keep it art related so that's what we did.
However, I do want to bring the OT back in the new forum now that I feel things are more in control~

Oh I see.
I missed that poll then. Thanks for telling me!
Yeah, it'd be nice to have some more random threads I guess. I hope it works out!

btw, could you tell me what anime etc your gif in your signature is from?
I feel like I know it but I just cant remember the name
Sun 28 May 2017 - 16:32
i'm super excited to see this all take place. i'm sure once everything gets settled, things might be a bit less stressful without the forumotion breathing down your necks.
i wish you guys a huge bit of luck!!
Tue 30 May 2017 - 1:16
I have a question about art since we are moving. Will there be new guidelines about art or they will stay the same? What im trying to ask is like on imvu they have the GA and AP system, here we are forced to basically stay GA. Most of my art has some nudity or explicit content in it therefore im not allowed to show it here, will there be more artistic freedom for people like me?
Tue 30 May 2017 - 12:20
please read the FAQs, first post, and official updates.  I added them to make it easier for you guys and so we don't have to keep answering the same questions several times.

Tue 30 May 2017 - 12:38
This might be a silly question/suggestion.
I was wondering if there would be a poll system on the new forum like there is
here with the individual threads. And if so, would it be possible to make an old poll
changeable or able to be deleted? I'm not so sure how complicated that would be with coding x.x
but I know it's a problem I always seem to run into since I always forget I can't change them but I'm not sure how big of an issue it is with other people.
Tue 30 May 2017 - 12:39
Currently you can always PM a mod to delete your poll! Then just make a new one if you'd like.
But that would be a cool option so this way it's one less thing for mods to do since it's such a simple task.

The Perfect Murder - Custom shop

Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next