Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Moderator Applications are OPEN
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

GASR LGBTQ+ EVENT
June 3, 2017 #event

LGBTQ Pride is one of the largest events today that is celebrated among many major cities across the nation. To celebrate, we’ve organized a contest with our lovely mascot, Blob! Click here to join!

GASR LGBTQ+ PRIDE MONTH
June 1, 2017 #event

It's that time of the year again, in which all the GASR community comes together to celebrate love and equality, promoting a safe space for people of all orientations. In June 2016 we had a LGBTQ+ Pride week and we had an incredible amount of people participating so this year we decided to make it a whole month! Click here to participate!

New Update on Forum Migration
May 23, 2017 #update

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum. Click here to read the full report.

Artist of the Moment

PixyPersephone

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi there ! ~ I'm Irma but if you wish you can call me PixyP ~ I started here in gasr thanks to a friend that invited me to the forum years ago ~ it started like a hobby since the art is one of my passions ~ but many artists here inspired me to improve, so ~ i really like to look back and see how much i have improved here in the gasr community ♡ ! i wish to continue improving in this passion.. so, i'll stay around here making more art for you n.n !

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 368 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 92 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 139 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 169 ]
Total Votes : 800

Statistics

We have 15352 registered users
The newest registered user is Zakara

Our users have posted a total of 227499 messages in 3822 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 368 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 92 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 139 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 169 ]
Total Votes : 800

Fri May 05, 2017 7:24 am
Hi,

I just wanted to pop in and say I LOVE the idea of GASR becoming independent in its own private server. As far as ideas go, most of mine have already been said but I'm most excited about these:

. Making IMVU related artwork its own sub-section, and if there could be one for SL I know many people there that buy art here.
. I'd LOVE more profile customization.
. This idea is genius: A way for users to change their own usernames using the same system, but automatically.
. I like this one too: customization of Folders for Inbox.
. Also, that it will be more mobile friendly, not as much for posting threads but viewing shops, and replying. I have a hard time visiting the current website on mobile tbh.
. Someone had mentioned IM like Facebook and other websites on the bottom between friends and etc. That's a great idea. Keep the common chatbox though.

In addition, I love that perhaps this will help GASR have more artists that aren't even from IMVU so we have more variety. That will be huge for us I think. I personally know many who I've wanted to talk to about selling their art here but it wasn't as independent from IMVU as I hoped it be but this is great I love it!
Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm
Question, someone might've already asked but I'm on my phone.
How would the "donated" "true artist" along with profile badges from events move? Will they still be the same or will they be placed somewhere else. Also would reputation/the amount of posts be lost?
Fri May 05, 2017 11:37 pm
I'd rather our inbox not turn into an IM system. IMVU introduced something like that, and I hated it. I like the normal inbox style that is more reflective of an email system.
Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 pm
@Cameron

As stated before, the forum inbox wouldn't change and that if an IM system was put in, it would be separate.

@Kindred

The badges will remain the same and in the same spot + your post count will be moved over.  I'm not 100% sure about reputation, but it's something I'm looking into as we speak.

Last edited by Queen on Fri May 05, 2017 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri May 05, 2017 11:57 pm
@Queen wrote:
@Cameron

As stated before, the forum inbox wouldn't change and that if an IM system was put in, it would be separate.

I missed that oops
Sat May 06, 2017 9:45 am
I was wondering if you have given any thought to GASR moving away from IMVU, my concerns are that for the forum to really have a standing leg in the art community it can't really be tied down to an avatar based game that a lot of the mature artists now a days (and probably the ones that need to be brought into the forum) are only seeing it as an avatar art site.

This isn't to say that avatar edits and whatnot are to be removed from the forum, just being given no association in terms of having the option to tag your thread as credits only, being given the contact option to link your IMVU homepage, being given credits as a reward, and so on.

I understand that GASR currently uses credits as a reward system but with things such as the badges being quite popular as well as the possibility of having a name change voucher system -- What if you gave out in forum goods such as an extra name change instead of those credits and branched out in that direction of thought rather than cater to the IMVU community in that way.

I acknowledge that this would be a big step to take for GASR but I feel as though it'd be necessary if you want this forum to not depend on IMVU's dying artist community and open the forum's eyes to a much larger and accepting community who needs a forum such as this.

A noteworthy side effect of this happening would be that with those artists coming in there would also be a influx of art-lovers who are used to paying the average price for art now a days, countering the current problem that was addressed a few years ago of people undervaluing their art due to the current community being quite young and not willing to spend more than 10$ on quite large pieces of work. This is just something that I felt needed to be talked about especially when we're essentially discussing a revamp of the forum. I acknowledge that this alone may not immediately result in a large quantity of artists joining straight away but it's a step in the right direction to advertise the forum in less of an avatar site manner.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a completely different line of thought, I think that GASR should take a large sweep off when it comes to emoticons. I feel that over the years they've become quite random and sporadic in their nature. It would be quite neat if we just scrapped alot of them and then had GASR specific emoticons with whatever mascot we voted on a few months ago.

It is my belief that it would add a bit more unity and cleanliness when it comes to the forum which is always nice for overall tightness and aesthetic.
Sat May 06, 2017 5:30 pm
Hey I'm back
So I think we could update the auctions Fourm and Maybe have like events
Where GASR gives like a theme and people make premades and they can all be auctioned off
c:
Sat May 06, 2017 5:40 pm
@Levudazed

This isn't the place for that.

You can either post that suggestion here:

http://www.gasrforum.com/t26224-suggestions-and-feedback

or here:

http://www.gasrforum.com/t6253-contest-event-suggestions

@Paliate

We are discussing moving away from IMVU but it probably won't be happening anytime soon. The transition needs to be slow and consistent. A lot of that stuff can't really be discussed or decided upon to its full extent until after the move is over.

Also guys, a lot of things take priority right now, so even if your suggestions make it to the list, don't expect them to be done anytime soon.

Tue May 23, 2017 2:12 pm
Official Update #2  |  5.23.17

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum.

Unfortunately I ran into a huge issue in the beginning and it caused me to have to clean out our files, which basically erased nearly all progress I had, causing me to start almost from the beginning.  This is what caused a delay in my planned update last Friday.

However, things are moving progressively faster and I'm spending as much time as I can designing the forum to match GASR as closely as possible while still handling my responsibilities here.  While that's being done, other mods have started helping move over important information and we've begun planning out our strategies on moving accounts over as efficiently as possible.

We do have some concerns, and while I don't want to worry anyone so early on, I don't want to keep this information from you either.

Our first concern is the reputation system.  The reputation system is a built-in module unique to forumotion.  We can implement a reputation system similar to one on here, but your reputation will not be carried over.  Reputation isn't important and everyone would be starting from the beginning, so we don't think this would be an issue, but we want to inform you guys nonetheless.

The second concern is member account information.  We have found a better way to add accounts into the system, however it has to be done manually, and the only information we can add from the beginning is email address and username.  That means after we create your account, we'll have to go back through and change your stats while you're able to use the forum still.  (Actual join date and post count.)

Our current plan as of now for moving you guys over to the new forum is to do it in waves of ~500 people at a time.  Our original plan for creating accounts and sending a password reset link to all email addresses has changed slightly.  Once we create your account on the new forum, an email will be sent to you with your Username and password already generated for you.  You will log-in to the new forum with this password.  The passwords are randomly generated and we will not know what they are, so you can choose to keep that password or change it to a new one via your account settings.

We do not plan on creating member accounts yet at this time, we just want to make sure you guys are prepared.

Last on the list is the forum url.  After going back and forth with forumotion & godaddy staff for weeks to try and get the domain sorted out, I was not able to get them to transfer it.  We are expected to let our domain expire on the forum and let GoDaddy "release" it before we can attach it to the new forum.  In the meantime, we will use http://gasrforum.net as a temporary domain for the new forum until we get .com sorted out.  What that means for you guys is that our domain name for this forum will be set back to default, which is gasrforum.forumotion.com.  We want you guys to prepare for the domain to change back to this in a little over two weeks time.  I know this is going to suck, but it's our only option as of now since forumotion refuses to transfer it themselves.  Another reason I'm glad we're leaving this host for good.

If you have any questions/comments/concerns regarding this update or the new forum, please post them here.  Any questions or concerns for GASR as it is now need to be posted in the suggestions thread in the Help section like normal so we don't get confused.

Last edited by Chelly on Tue May 23, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 pm
@Chelly
Sounds ace.
Apologies if I'm reading it completely wrong. One slight question about the moving of accounts.
Is it username and password that is being generated, or just the password with our current usernames?

I get easily confused with sentences like that for some reason.
Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 pm
@Kardia

It's just your password that will be randomly generated. Your username will be your GASR username. eue

Tue May 23, 2017 2:19 pm
@Chelly
Oki doki! Thought so, I'm just dumb af sometimes.  
Thank you, lovely.
Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm
Ah, that sucks that it all got wiped but I'm glad you were able to get things moving again. Thank you (and the mods) for working so hard on this!!! I'm sure it's pretty stressful. Looking forward to hearing more!
Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm
Yeah, it sucked.  I was so mad that I rage quit life that day.  LMAO.

Thanks tho!!!

+ I hope no one gets upset about the reputation system.  It honestly has no meaning whatsoever on the forum and it's basically an unfinished thing.  Maybe if you could see what posts were liked and by whom, it would be a bigger deal, but it's honestly just.. points.. that don't mean anything.  

If we do decide to implement it on the new forum, I'll make sure it's not another dead end feature like it is on here or I won't bother. I have almost 1k and I'm not sad to see them go, LOL.

Tue May 23, 2017 4:44 pm
I think that it would be more upsetting if it actually contributed to stuff? Like on other places your "likes" (aka rep.) can contribute to points for extra features but obviously rep here is kind of just like..a for show kind of thing?
I have like 22 so I don't really personally care all that much. If you have almost 1k and don't mind,
it doesn't make sense for anyone to be majorly upset about it.

Good luck :>
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next