Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 441 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 179 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 241 ]
Total Votes : 1017

Statistics

We have 15181 registered users
The newest registered user is JpOui

Our users have posted a total of 265565 messages in 4606 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 441 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 179 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 241 ]
Total Votes : 1017

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:43 am
I think this opens up a chance to further separate from IMVU if that's a route that the forum is interested in taking.
(Which I would personally recommend but that isn't the topic of today's discussion)

Overall, it seems like a good decision given the recent controversy over nudity.
This would supply a solution to that and a step into an easier future for the forum due to being able to control the nature of the forum better.
It's going to be neat seeing what GASR does as its own platform moving forward.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:30 am
Yesss, we have so many ideas we want to implement and if we move to our own server, the possibilities are virtually limitless!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 am
I love this idea! I think it's about time we stir away from Forumation since it's too limiting. Plus, I'm excited to see how GASR will drastically develop/grow because of this. Change is good.

So, how long will the moving process be? Will GASR be down for a few days? (Sorry, noob when it comes to stuff like these)
Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:17 am
We're not sure how long the moving process will take.  We'll probably have a better answer for you once we actually get started and know what we're dealing with from the blunt.  If I were to give an extremely rough estimate, I'd say maybe a few months just to give us room for any speed bumps. We'll give continuous updates of the progress so you guys know what we're doing and how far along we are.

GASR will not experience any downtime.  We maybe revert the gasrforum url on forumotion to the default one (gasrforum.forumotion.com) for a few days before the move is finalized, but we'll inform you guys if and when that happens so no one is confused on why the gasrforum url is attached to a different website.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:04 am
For those of you voting for "Not Sure", please remember to post your concerns in here so we can address them and help you make a decision!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:36 am
I think Gasr being on an independent platform would definitely bring more traffic, and generally with all the points you guys have stated, it would be the best decision!
Less restrictions, give you guys more ability to take the forum, wherever you choose to! Im all for this. & Everything Alex said.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm
I always had a vision of GASR being on its own and not a part of Forumotion, so all my hooves are on deck with this one. We can finally see this happen. Whatever difficulties we could possibly face during the move, we can tackle them.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:58 pm
I voted YES!
Please bring back the NSFW section!
I crave boobies.

In all seriousness, though. I think this would definitely be a good move.
We won't be limited to Forumotion's TOS and Guidelines and we'll be able to broaden our horizons with customisation and added features.

I'm game.
YES YES YES.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:42 pm
about time. need to grow
Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:20 am
I've been apart of GASR for a long time. And it has changed a lot over time, and change can be good.
I feel like this will be good, and I feel like the majority of the community is looking forward to it.
I feel like the biggest things the administration and moderators should be careful of, is overwhelming themselves, I feel like this will be a long process and there shouldn't be any rush. The community isn't going anywhere.
And also figuring out how to give access to the restricted area could probably be done, in a simple way, with people sending in like a picture of themselves with their ID and like their username. I feel like that's a lot to hold though. But seems like it would be a nice easy way to do it.

ps I'm so excited!
If any help or encouragement is needed I'm always here c:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:29 am
I voted yes, but I think you should of included "Don't care" as an option. I honestly don't care either way what choice you make. I'd be fine with either option.
Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:45 am
finally, yeah do it

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 am
1. what's OT? ( old theme?? )
2. I kind of like this idea but does that mean no more rules? Like you can't get a bar removed for some reason?
3. Will some rules still be placed? if so, which ones??
4. Can you get banned upon the new server?

5. Will you send us a PM upon when to change our password?
6. Will we have to pay? or do you mean just for the mods/artists it'll cost them?
7. Does this mean the mods can tell us what to do in the new forum? since it'll be more freedom, does that mean if we don't like a rule can we vote and discuss upon it or it'll just automatically be set?
8. I like the idea of the AP area, 100% and the fact it'll be more independent but  i'm a  bit scared of the possible changes to the theme. I like how it is and i know how to work it and it took me awhile to figure some of it out, LOL 
9. Will all our PM's be gone? 
 With all of that stated i did not vote in the poll just yet
 all answered x)

Last edited by Trifling on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:45 am
@Trifling OT is off topic. There used to be a section in the off topic part of the forum where people could participate in threads such as "pet peeves," "OT4OT" (which is just a general off topic thread), etc etc. It was removed due to some complications, I guess you can say.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:46 am
@Alex ooh okay makes sense ty for answering one of my questions ^^
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next