Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

xxAphroditeGoddess

Visit my shop View my bio

Hey! I'm Michele, better known as Aphrodite.I really enjoy making art and been doing it for years now. I'm trying to learn and improve everyday! Be a part of my journey and come pay a visit at my shop.New friends are always welcome!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
44%
 44% [ 404 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 104 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 37 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 157 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
23%
 23% [ 212 ]
Total Votes : 914

Statistics

We have 15277 registered users
The newest registered user is kiwi589

Our users have posted a total of 246157 messages in 4240 subjects

GASR Time

Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Hello everyone! I just want to get a solid confirmed answer.

I bought an adoptable off of DA but I'm looking to resell her because I don't have a use for her anymore.
My question is am I able to put her up for sell on here? I got permission from the artist I bought her off of and she said it's fine that I sell her. However, I've seen someone put up an adoptable who isn't the creator of the character and I don't know if that's allowed, So I'm posting this question so I don't get into trouble! D;

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this!

Last edited by Essence on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:22 pm
@keturah would that be considered Art theft ♥
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:30 pm
@ESSENCE
The design of the character is not created by you, meaning it is not yours to sell even if you've bought the rights to use it.
thanks for asking bb ;v;

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:38 pm
@Victimised
Thank you for tagging a mod!

@keturah
I thought so! I just wanted to make sure before I posted anything that'll get me in trouble. Thank you so much for answering back! ♥
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:39 pm
@Essence It's ok hun ♥
Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:40 pm
@ESSENCE
You're welcome sweetie
thank you for asking before doing, if you have any other questions feel free to message me

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:30 pm
Let me just slide in here for a little more clarification because I'm a little confused by the response tbh.

If you have permission from the original creator to resell the adoptable that you purchased from them, then yes, you can legally resell it to someone else.  However, GASR doesn't allow the reselling of adoptables, even if you have permission, unless you're the original creator.  Too many people reselling adoptables that they didn't have permission to resell messed it up for everyone.  

So basically, yes you're allowed to resell it since you have permission from the original artist, you just can't do it on GASR.  It's not a rule GASR wanted to have, but ultimately had to add.  You'd have to go off-site to sell it.  

Here's the section in the rules that talks about it. (Located under Premade shops if you're curious.)

Also, if you see someone trying to resell an adoptable they didn't create, you should report it to an Art Theft Mod or Shop Mod immediately.

Page 1 of 1