Gasrforum
HomeEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in
WE'RE MOVING TO THE NEW FORUM DUE TO FORUMOTION BREAKING THIS ONE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THIS THREAD: http://www.gasrforum.com/t47073-forum-move-gasrforum

Statistics

We have 9579 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 264609 messages in 4541 subjects

Online Staff

Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:50 am
Hello everyone

I came here to know if anyone can help me...

It turns out that someone has plagiarized one of my works
for use as a profile picture on a facebook page and youtube channel

Here is a sample

Click:

But the problem is that the person does not want to remove it
(He claims that it is not a plagiarism because he paid for that work to an American artist)
and accuses me of wanting to defame him.
and uses a lawyer to protect himself and want to take legal action against me.

He also denigrates me because I'm from venezuela
And says that all I want is money (because of my situation)
As if I were a homeless...

Man, I DONT WANT his money!

What should I do?
Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 pm
ask him for the contact details of the artist who made the work for him and go directly to them.
Make it clear your work is NOT for them to copy, trace or steal from and them doing so is illegal and have plagiarised you work.
other then making him and his customers know that the original work is yours and that plagiarising and buying plagiarised work is, (if not illegal for the commissioner), highly immoral.
To go further in getting take down notices you'd need to go to a legal advisor or be willing to invest in taking the 'artist' to court

though my knowledge isn't as extensive as others, it'd be worth getting second opinions especially from artists who have dealt with this before.
Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 pm
This has happened to me before on an alternate website, I would recommend filing a DMCA, youtube and facebook have their own DMCA agents, and you can file a complaint using these.

Link for YouTube
Link for how to file for Facebook
Link to file a complaint to Facebook

Remember to fill out the forms properly and thoroughly, be as detailed as you can, explain yourself and provide all the proof you can manage.

+As for the artist who plagiarized your work, I'd take Keturah's advice in tracking them down.