Gasrforum
HomeEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in
WE'RE MOVING TO THE NEW FORUM DUE TO FORUMOTION BREAKING THIS ONE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THIS THREAD: http://www.gasrforum.com/t47073-forum-move-gasrforum

Statistics

We have 9579 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 264609 messages in 4541 subjects

Online Staff

Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi there! I am so newbie on this site and I found out that the majority of the artists base their pricing on the canvas size? I also saw that the regular size is 160x220px? I normally bace my prices on the body cuts and I use a size of 2480x3425px at 300dpi, that's why I am so confused x,D I don't know if that's a just a norm on the site or it is for some reason? ; v ;
sorry if I sound weird, I came here for a friend reference and she didn't told me something about that TTvTT

------------------------------------------------------

❤I am a freelance artist since 5 years ago!❤
here's all my social media:

Last edited by ItaSlipy on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm
The pricing doesn't necessarily base on canvas sizes. It depends if you want them to pay for the big art and you include the 160x220 sizes.

You can still work on a big canvas, but you just need to crop it down to 160x220 for people to use in other sites that only accept that kind of size.

I hope I make some kind of sense ;w;
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:40 pm
Octarine wrote:
The pricing doesn't necessarily base on canvas sizes. It depends if you want them to pay for the big art and you include the 160x220 sizes.

You can still work on a big canvas, but you just need to crop it down to 160x220 for people to use in other sites that only accept that kind of size.

I hope I make some kind of sense ;w;
Oh I see! Thanks a lot that was so helpful!!! <3
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:44 pm
You're welcome. :>
You have an awesome art style btw! Good luck to your shops~
Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:49 pm
Octarine wrote:
You're welcome. :>
You have an awesome art style btw! Good luck to your shops~
You're so kind!! Thank you a lot <3 <3 <3
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:40 am
Ye, the 160x220 canvas size is popular because it can be used on this forum, other forums, and other websites that have avatar images set to that size. (It's a popular default.)

There are a lot of artists who offer art at a headshot, bust, half-body, or full canvas size and just add in that small crop as an extra.  Then there are the artists who only make art at that small size solely to be used on here or other forums/websites.  

You shouldn't have any issues jumping into the shop section with your own thread and selling your artwork at your current canvas size.  We were a forum that was heavily focused around one website, and even though we probably will never lose the dependency, we're trying hard to branch out and include artwork of various types, sizes, and uses from different artists.  

Welcome to GASR.  Glad to see new faces.  :D
Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:47 am
Queen wrote:
Ye, the 160x220 canvas size is popular because it can be used on this forum, other forums, and other websites that have avatar images set to that size. (It's a popular default.)

There are a lot of artists who offer art at a headshot, bust, half-body, or full canvas size and just add in that small crop as an extra.  Then there are the artists who only make art at that small size solely to be used on here or other forums/websites.  

You shouldn't have any issues jumping into the shop section with your own thread and selling your artwork at your current canvas size.  We were a forum that was heavily focused around one website, and even though we probably will never lose the dependency, we're trying hard to branch out and include artwork of various types, sizes, and uses from different artists.  

Welcome to GASR.  Glad to see new faces.  :D

Thanks a lot!! You're so kind <3 <3
Page 1 of 1