Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New DeviantArt Group!
May 8, 2017 #announcement

GASRfags is now GASRforum! We've decided to start a fresh new group on DeviantArt to showcase all of your artwork that you submit. Click here for further information.

Moderator Reassignments + New GASR Tumblr
May 6, 2017 #announcement

We have made some changes to our current staff list and have some new information regarding social media. Click here for further information.

Moving GASR / New Features & Suggestions
April 26, 2017 #discussion

After a discussion between you guys and the staff, we've decided on moving GASR to its own private server. We are leaving the discussion thread up so you guys can continue to provide feedback, suggestions, and new features for the new forum. Click here for more information!

Space Day Celebration
April 17, 2017 #contest

Welcome to GASR's first ever Space Day event! Serenity has put together this brand new occasion to share with you all. Click here to participate!

Broken Profile Tables
April 12, 2017 #forum

Mar came across an issue where some of the member profile tables were broken. Click here to see if it effected you and how to fix it.

Artist of the Moment

KARISMIC

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Alicia and I have been doing art since 2011. I have been a member of Gasr since shortly after it started and I really enjoy the time I have spent here and all the wonderful people I have met. I started making art because its something I always enjoyed but never felt I was good at it. At least not with pencil and paper. I have found digital art to be comforting and I enjoy making art to share with people and I hope everyone enjoys what I make just as much as I do. I am a 35 year old stay at home mom with 2 kids. Art gives me relief from a 5 year old and an almost 14 year old. Thank you for reading and I hope that me being the artist of the moment will bring me some new buyers and friends!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates


STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
48%
 48% [ 288 ]
No
13%
 13% [ 76 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 25 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 102 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
18%
 18% [ 107 ]
Total Votes : 598

Statistics

We have 15528 registered users
The newest registered user is ghazol

Our users have posted a total of 205336 messages in 3398 subjects

GASR Time


Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:00 am




Hi there! I am so newbie on this site and I found out that the majority of the artists base their pricing on the canvas size? I also saw that the regular size is 160x220px? I normally bace my prices on the body cuts and I use a size of 2480x3425px at 300dpi, that's why I am so confused x,D I don't know if that's a just a norm on the site or it is for some reason? ; v ;
sorry if I sound weird, I came here for a friend reference and she didn't told me something about that TTvTT


------------------------------------------------------

❤I am a freelance artist since 5 years ago!❤
here's all my social media:





Last edited by ItaSlipy on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:10 am
The pricing doesn't necessarily base on canvas sizes. It depends if you want them to pay for the big art and you include the 160x220 sizes.


You can still work on a big canvas, but you just need to crop it down to 160x220 for people to use in other sites that only accept that kind of size.


I hope I make some kind of sense ;w;
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 am
@Octarine wrote:
The pricing doesn't necessarily base on canvas sizes. It depends if you want them to pay for the big art and you include the 160x220 sizes.


You can still work on a big canvas, but you just need to crop it down to 160x220 for people to use in other sites that only accept that kind of size.


I hope I make some kind of sense ;w;
Oh I see! Thanks a lot that was so helpful!!! <3
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:44 am
You're welcome. :>
You have an awesome art style btw! Good luck to your shops~
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:49 am
@Octarine wrote:
You're welcome. :>
You have an awesome art style btw! Good luck to your shops~
You're so kind!! Thank you a lot <3 <3 <3
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:40 pm
Ye, the 160x220 canvas size is popular because it can be used on this forum, other forums, and other websites that have avatar images set to that size. (It's a popular default.)

There are a lot of artists who offer art at a headshot, bust, half-body, or full canvas size and just add in that small crop as an extra.  Then there are the artists who only make art at that small size solely to be used on here or other forums/websites.  

You shouldn't have any issues jumping into the shop section with your own thread and selling your artwork at your current canvas size.  We were a forum that was heavily focused around one website, and even though we probably will never lose the dependency, we're trying hard to branch out and include artwork of various types, sizes, and uses from different artists.  

Welcome to GASR.  Glad to see new faces.  :D

_________________________
Make Pixel Art?  [ Click ] to join our DeviantArt Group!

I am unavailable Thurs-Sat.  Please be patient if you've tagged me or sent me a PM.
Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm
@Queen wrote:
Ye, the 160x220 canvas size is popular because it can be used on this forum, other forums, and other websites that have avatar images set to that size. (It's a popular default.)

There are a lot of artists who offer art at a headshot, bust, half-body, or full canvas size and just add in that small crop as an extra.  Then there are the artists who only make art at that small size solely to be used on here or other forums/websites.  

You shouldn't have any issues jumping into the shop section with your own thread and selling your artwork at your current canvas size.  We were a forum that was heavily focused around one website, and even though we probably will never lose the dependency, we're trying hard to branch out and include artwork of various types, sizes, and uses from different artists.  

Welcome to GASR.  Glad to see new faces.  :D


Thanks a lot!! You're so kind <3 <3
Page 1 of 1