Gasrforum
HomeEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in
WE'RE MOVING TO THE NEW FORUM DUE TO FORUMOTION BREAKING THIS ONE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REVIEW THIS THREAD: http://www.gasrforum.com/t47073-forum-move-gasrforum

Statistics

We have 9579 registered users
The newest registered user is ixAurora

Our users have posted a total of 264731 messages in 4541 subjects

Online Staff

Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:51 am
Is there actually a limit to what types of art can be sold on GASR? Can physical things be sold like sewing, paintings, photography (could be physical prints) etc, which can be shipped to the buyer?
Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:40 pm
The forum is a graphics art forum. Graphic art is 2D art. Selling physical items would bring it out of the graphic art genre and into something else. The only thing on your list I see as getting a pass is selling prints of the artwork you make for someone on here.

It looks like you're wanting a place like Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 am
Thank you for your helpful response!

Hmm, that's the thing. Would prints be too much of a step out of the obvious graphic focus we have?
I'm well aware of Etsy! However, I'm not sure people would want to open an Etsy shop due to the fees.
So if someone had an Etsy shop and got commissions on their GASR shop, but prints were purchased on Etsy of the artwork as a part of the commission, no rules be broken?
Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:13 am
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know DeviantArt allows you to sell prints of your uploaded artwork.  I don't know if the fees are more or less than Etsy, but it's something to check out if you're curious.

Generally, they wouldn't like you sending your customers off-site because they can't monitor things that don't happen via the forum, however since you're offering the initial art service here (and as long as you don't advertise your etsy/xxx shop anywhere but your profile, signature, and shop), it might be okay, but I don't want to say that and be wrong.

It's not like anyone can stop you selling your prints, it's just a matter of the advertising rule basically.  You can't open a shop just to send your customers elsewhere to receive a product, like a website, group, etc, but you're in the clear since it seems like you're just selling prints to your GASR customers if they want them.

An admin would be the best person to confirm or correct this.  @Mar @Mattie
Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:53 am
Ha was gonna ask something similar to this too.
I do plan on doing prints on etsy but on here I want to offer prints/stickers/bookmarks of peoples commissions if they choose to pay additional prices to cover printing/mailing but it's been awhile since any Gasr staff has mentioned if it was ok.
I remember at one point during the first year of Gasr someone asked and the first mods said no so hoping they rethink it because I don't plan on scamming anyone e we just don't want to limit people on here to just owning the digital artwork when I know people would enjoy their OC as wall art, a sticker or bookmark etc.
Page 1 of 1