I'm completely new to BBCode and frankly it doesn't make any sense to me. Here are all of my questions:
1. What is the approx. width of the text area? You know, the whole box you're looking at right now to read this. What's the width of that in pixels? That will help me out immensely with making my layouts.
2. Can you adjust margins and padding space? I'm used to <div style="padding:40px 40px"> and I'm not sure how that works in BBCode or if it even works at all.
3. Another forum I've been going on for years has HTML and basic CSS capabilities (
o u don't say?
) I did some pure code threads but I also like to design my layouts as an image with all the information and graphics, but I would leave a blank space for the form and then code it so that the form's text lay on top of the image and people are able to copy and paste it. (I didn't do this all the time, but people like the ease of copy+paste.) I also used the same general idea to make hyperlink buttons to my portfolio, other offsite stuff, etc. Any way to do this in this forum? We did it like either using the image as a background image, or using a negative margin to make text float on top of an image. you can click here to see examples of the sort of thread designs i'm talking about
(you can see buttons, and where I sometimes left out space for text and/or buttons)
4. What are the coding capabilities of this forum anyway? I tried to make a border the other day using the BBCode for borders and it didn't work.
5. How do you make your layouts? Any tips and tricks for me?
Thanks for helping out on any of these questions. I'm pretty lost. Thread layout design is one of my favorite things, the design and coding of it, and I really want to continue doing what I love here.