Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25426 registered users
The newest registered user is Ihrielle

Our users have posted a total of 1535906 messages in 29648 subjects

GASR Time

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 am
I'm completely new to BBCode and frankly it doesn't make any sense to me. Here are all of my questions:

1. What is the approx. width of the text area? You know, the whole box you're looking at right now to read this. What's the width of that in pixels? That will help me out immensely with making my layouts.  

2. Can you adjust margins and padding space? I'm used to <div style="padding:40px 40px"> and I'm not sure how that works in BBCode or if it even works at all.

3. Another forum I've been going on for years has HTML and basic CSS capabilities (o u don't say?) I did some pure code threads but I also like to design my layouts as an image with all the information and graphics, but I would leave a blank space for the form and then code it so that the form's text lay on top of the image and people are able to copy and paste it. (I didn't do this all the time, but people like the ease of copy+paste.) I also used the same general idea to make hyperlink buttons to my portfolio, other offsite stuff, etc. Any way to do this in this forum? We did it like either using the image as a background image, or using a negative margin to make text float on top of an image.

you can click here to see examples of the sort of thread designs i'm talking about
(you can see buttons, and where I sometimes left out space for text and/or buttons)

4. What are the coding capabilities of this forum anyway? I tried to make a border the other day using the BBCode for borders and it didn't work.

5. How do you make your layouts? Any tips and tricks for me?

Thanks for helping out on any of these questions. I'm pretty lost. Thread layout design is one of my favorite things, the design and coding of it, and I really want to continue doing what I love here.

Last edited by queenue on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am
It's pretty similar, however we use ([ ]) here.

I'm not sure if you've had the chance to look at this thread - clicky
It's pretty much got everything you need to know :)

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 pm
@Unequal Oh wait... I see, so you have to use tables if you want to do any real coding. And it's just like div styles! Oh my, thank you for the link!!!! :D
Today at 11:27 pm
Page 1 of 1