Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in
DO NOT contact more than one moderator for your issue. The moderator you messaged will get back to you as soon as possible. We all communicate with each other, so there is absolutely no need to contact more than one. If a mod reads your message and does not reply, that usually means they are working on a solution before they give a response. Be patient.
REMINDER: If the email attached to your GASR account no longer works, or you no longer have access to it, please update it to a more current email. You must update it or you will have complications when your account is moved over to the new forum.

GASR News

GASR Moderator Applications are OPEN
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

GASR LGBTQ+ EVENT
June 3, 2017 #event

LGBTQ Pride is one of the largest events today that is celebrated among many major cities across the nation. To celebrate, we’ve organized a contest with our lovely mascot, Blob! Click here to join!

GASR LGBTQ+ PRIDE MONTH
June 1, 2017 #event

It's that time of the year again, in which all the GASR community comes together to celebrate love and equality, promoting a safe space for people of all orientations. In June 2016 we had a LGBTQ+ Pride week and we had an incredible amount of people participating so this year we decided to make it a whole month! Click here to participate!

New Update on Forum Migration
May 23, 2017 #update

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum. Click here to read the full report.

Artist of the Moment

Neptunus

Visit my shop View my bio

Hello there! My name is Cosmin and I'm a 15 years old teenager that lives in Romania. Art is one of my passions along with IMVU. I like creating art for others and for myself sometimes as well. I can't call myself a pro because I am not, but I can call myself an improving artist. I want to get to a level where I can be extremely proud of myself. I'll just have to wait and see.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 355 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 91 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 133 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 162 ]
Total Votes : 773

Statistics

We have 15241 registered users
The newest registered user is estascy

Our users have posted a total of 223660 messages in 3742 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:20 pm
Also I got a new laptop and the display is kinda weird. 

The DP size looks super small compared to on my old laptop. 

I don't know what to do about that? All canvasses are smaller than they should be by like over half. 

What I mean...

How it looks:

How it should look: 
Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:40 am
What's your resolution set to?

If you don't know, click this link and it will tell you:  http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

+ Where did you take the second screenshot? The resolution in the second screenshot looks smaller than yours. (The windows and everything appear more zoomed in compared to the first screenshot.)

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:47 am
@Queen The second screen shot is my old laptop. "Laptop #1"

It's not the resolution. I already tried putting it as the same as laptop #1 and they canvas stayed small.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:55 am
Resolution isn't that simple.  Various things can make resolutions look different even if they're set the same.

What's your screen size on your old laptop vs. your new laptop?  It usually gives it to you in inches.

My old monitor was 16'' with a 1920x1080 resolution. My new monitor is a 24'' with the same resolution, but everything looks smaller on my new monitor vs my old one.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:58 am
@Queen Laptop #2 (With the issue) is 15.6 inches and the other... Not sure but it's smaller than this one by a little bit.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:03 am
Okay real quickly. Save a 160x220 canvas and upload it to imgur or something.

Is it the same size as it shows on your drawing program? Or does it look bigger?

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:09 am
@Queen I did that and it is bigger. I don't feel like it's the right size still though but it is larger.

Update: I opened 160x220 in Corel Painter and it remained small there as well.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:13 am
If you're using windows, right click on your desktop and click on display settings.

Make sure that's set to 100%.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:24 am
What about checking the option of high DPI scaling?

When you right click on the icon of the software and go to properties, in the compatibility tab there's an option to enable/disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Close and re-launch the software to see if there's any difference.

In my case I wanted the opposite and this setting helped.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:34 am
^ I was going to suggest that next, but I was going through the list of troubleshooting one step at a time so she wasn't overwhelmed.

This is apparently a common problem on newer computers with Windows 10 or Macs with Retina displays.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:50 am
@Queen

So you kill them slowly, instead of smackhooving in one shot

Anymoose... let's wait and let her try these things. Hopefully something will work.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:10 am
Ya cause I'm not rude af like you are.

*waits patiently while eating candy*

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:05 am
Queen wrote:
If you're using windows, right click on your desktop and click on display settings.

Make sure that's set to 100%.
This didn't work.

Moose wrote:
What about checking the option of high DPI scaling?

When you right click on the icon of the software and go to properties, in the compatibility tab there's an option to enable/disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Close and re-launch the software to see if there's any difference.

In my case I wanted the opposite and this setting helped.
I can't find what you're talking about. :(
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:12 am
It is here, under 'Settings':

Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:35 pm
@Moose I tried it with SAI and everything looks right like yours.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next