Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24663 registered users
The newest registered user is HelloViicky

Our users have posted a total of 1504846 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:20 am
Also I got a new laptop and the display is kinda weird. 

The DP size looks super small compared to on my old laptop. 

I don't know what to do about that? All canvasses are smaller than they should be by like over half. 

What I mean...

How it looks:

How it should look: 
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:40 am
What's your resolution set to?

If you don't know, click this link and it will tell you:  http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

+ Where did you take the second screenshot? The resolution in the second screenshot looks smaller than yours. (The windows and everything appear more zoomed in compared to the first screenshot.)
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:47 am
@Queen The second screen shot is my old laptop. "Laptop #1"

It's not the resolution. I already tried putting it as the same as laptop #1 and they canvas stayed small.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:55 am
Resolution isn't that simple.  Various things can make resolutions look different even if they're set the same.

What's your screen size on your old laptop vs. your new laptop?  It usually gives it to you in inches.

My old monitor was 16'' with a 1920x1080 resolution. My new monitor is a 24'' with the same resolution, but everything looks smaller on my new monitor vs my old one.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:58 am
@Queen Laptop #2 (With the issue) is 15.6 inches and the other... Not sure but it's smaller than this one by a little bit.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:03 am
Okay real quickly. Save a 160x220 canvas and upload it to imgur or something.

Is it the same size as it shows on your drawing program? Or does it look bigger?
Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:09 am
@Queen I did that and it is bigger. I don't feel like it's the right size still though but it is larger.

Update: I opened 160x220 in Corel Painter and it remained small there as well.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:13 am
If you're using windows, right click on your desktop and click on display settings.

Make sure that's set to 100%.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:24 am
What about checking the option of high DPI scaling?

When you right click on the icon of the software and go to properties, in the compatibility tab there's an option to enable/disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Close and re-launch the software to see if there's any difference.

In my case I wanted the opposite and this setting helped.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:34 am
^ I was going to suggest that next, but I was going through the list of troubleshooting one step at a time so she wasn't overwhelmed.

This is apparently a common problem on newer computers with Windows 10 or Macs with Retina displays.
Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:50 am
@Queen

So you kill them slowly, instead of smackhooving in one shot

Anymoose... let's wait and let her try these things. Hopefully something will work.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:10 am
Ya cause I'm not rude af like you are.

*waits patiently while eating candy*
Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:05 pm
@Queen wrote:
If you're using windows, right click on your desktop and click on display settings.

Make sure that's set to 100%.
This didn't work.

@Moose wrote:
What about checking the option of high DPI scaling?

When you right click on the icon of the software and go to properties, in the compatibility tab there's an option to enable/disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Close and re-launch the software to see if there's any difference.

In my case I wanted the opposite and this setting helped.
I can't find what you're talking about. :(
Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:12 pm
It is here, under 'Settings':

Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 pm
@Moose I tried it with SAI and everything looks right like yours.
Today at 7:10 pm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next