Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504698 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:51 am

HOW TO TAKE DOWN STOLEN ART / HOW TO FILE A DMCA

This guide will explain how to take down stolen art, may it be on IMVU or GASR. ( Art that originally belongs to a paid customer, but was taken / is being used by another user without permission of the original artist or customer. )

For those who don't know, the DMCA ( Digital Millennium Copyright Act ) protects intellectual property, in this case artwork, from art theft / copyright infringement, including on websites like IMVU. (GASR staff takes care of it themselves.)  Down below you will see what to do when you see art theft on either GASR or IMVU.

NOTE:
1. GASR is not affiliated with IMVU.  The only reason we're including how to report art theft on IMVU is because majority of the art made on GASR gets used on IMVU.
2. This thread was not made to report art theft.  Please report all art theft as you normally would, through PM to either art theft mods or other appropriate staff.  (Click here for the staff list.)
3. This guide was made for GASR, if you want to use this guide anywhere else please ask for permission first.

INDEX:
1. What to do when you see stolen art on GASR.
2. What to do when you see stolen art on IMVU.
3. How to file a DMCA takedown.
4.DMCA form example.
5.FAQ

special thanks to: Queen for corrections. Mar and Mattie for reviewing.

Last edited by Capsule on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:57 am; edited 21 times in total
Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:53 am

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU SEE STOLEN ART ON GASR:
1. Private message any of the staff with any and all proof, preferably the art theft moderators. (Click for Staff List)
2. Contacted staff will look into the situation and may ask for more information if necessary.
3. If it is indeed art theft, they will act accordingly based on the rules that have been broken. ( Click here to see the consequences. )

Moderators from GASR are able to ban users and take down certain things if it's related to GASR only.  We have no control over theft that happens on IMVU as moderators/administrators from GASR, or any other site for that matter.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU SEE STOLEN ART ON IMVU:

If you are not the owner of the art piece:

• Inform the original artist about the stolen art.
  • If you don't know who the original artist is, inform the owner of the artwork (the customer who originally paid for the art).

If you are the owner of the art piece:

• Inform the original artist about the stolen artwork.

If you are the original artist of the art piece:

• Fill out a DMCA takedown form and send it via email to IMVU's DMCA agents.

It should be taken down within a week if the form was filled out properly.  They may ask you for further information if necessary.

The best way is for the original artist to file the DMCA in order to take down the art that was stolen from their customers.  Customers can file the DMCA as well, but it usually requires permission from the original owner and extensive information/proof.  If they are not satisfied with the information they've received, they will deny the takedown.

Last edited by Capsule on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:36 pm; edited 7 times in total
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:12 pm

HOW TO FILE THE DMCA:
1. Fill out the DMCA takedown form with any and ALL information that you can provide. (Especially proof.)
2. Email it to IMVU's DMCA agents. (dmca_agent@imvu.com)
3. If it has been filled out properly, you will receive an email saying that they've taken down the items / art.
4. If it has not been filled out properly, you will receive an email with them explaining what you need to change / add.

THE DMCA AGENTS EMAIL:
dmca_agent@imvu.com

THE FORM:
This is a simplified version(dp theft version) of the original version IMVU gives, which is usually for products.  If you've filled it out properly, it should still be sufficient. There will be certain sections that are optional to send it, but the more proof the better.
Here's the original IMVU version: http://imvu.com/catalog/info/takedownnoticehtm.htm

Click to open the form:

Last edited by Capsule on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 pm

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):

If you have any questions regarding this guide or the DMCA process, feel free to ask questions in the thread or privately message me.
All questions answered will be put here so others can see it.

Today at 6:12 pm
Page 1 of 1