Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24602 registered users
The newest registered user is Hopes

Our users have posted a total of 1501654 messages in 29061 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Sat 10 Sep - 16:02
@Jaz thats not what i meant at all. i respect the mods and i appreciate the work they do put in and im fully aware no one gets paid for their service, but im saying if they did want this to happen IN THE FUTURE then they should work for what they want. i dont even know how the decision making works like if they have a head of forum or something, but i just think one day this will be put into motion. 
@Mar i understand it is a forum. you're missing my point. im not talking about now. i know nothing can be done at the moment, this is why it is feedback as to how they could improve the site simply, and i do not participate in any forum sites apart from this one therefore i wouldnt know. i see your point but since you aren't familiar with the procedures and neither am i, im going to keep this suggestion active since i think it would benefit everyone a lot.
Sat 10 Sep - 17:03
it should just be simply put like this, just because you personally think it's a good idea, doesn't mean everyone else does. everyone has different opinions and we shouldn't base a huge decision that'd require so much necessary work on someone's opinion. yes, a lot of buyers complain about artists of not accepting credits. but they can simply find another artists. as others had mentioned before, some people aren't able to get paypal. like?? you can't simply sit there and say they should and it'd be easier when it simply can't be done for people. that seems ignorant. please read everything and put yourself in the shoes of a mod, admin and everyone who contributes to the forum. hosting the forum so it doesn't have ads, requires donations. mods, admins and everyone in between are just normal people, they don't have a abundance of money to be spending on lawyers and conversion prices.
deviantART is not an art forum, it is a website and can easily be considered a company.
any art forum you find outside of gasr is 99% not going to have it's own currency.

i know all of this "well, why don't they get paypal" etc seems logical to you, but it's simply impossible for many people. also, someone doesn't need to be in a 3rd world country, or a horrible restricted company like North Korea. paypal CAN be limited in the normal countries that aren't inhumane. you have to understand the main problem in your entire statement is why are people sending 25$ vs 25k. if you have the credits sitting around, 25k is MUCH cheaper. also imvu has frequent sales when i used to be on that site. i'm not sure if they dropped down in sales but a lot of people buy it sale price. this is mainly on the artist's misunderstanding of how currency within paypal vs credits work.

better than banning an important currency that is heavily relied on, just help artists understand the currency differences.
not everyone can have a paypal, and there can't be a single excuse to excuse someone else's choices.
Sat 10 Sep - 17:12
@Doll yeah, im just playing around with the thought. its not a completely horrible thing to shut down credits, and they dont have to be shut down, just maybe a subsection or something.
this is the source of which i used to determine that paypal is not available in poorer countries and very unpopular ones on gasr.
i think you're taking this too personally, it doesnt bother me, im both a buyer and a seller so i understand those positions. for you to say im ignorant because i think paypal is a very available website is wrong. some people have reasons, MOST people dont. i appreciate what paypal has to offer and i think more people should give it a shot, like use the money you spent on credits on gasr instead of credits--> gasr. its JUST a suggestion, it wont happen for sure, so dont freak out lol
Sat 10 Sep - 17:27
@amy - sorry if i came out a little rude,
i'm not taking it personal, at all. i would always have a shop open, paypal only, and there'd be those customers who'd ask if i took credits or cry over it. i've dealt with it and i agree with on that end.
i just feel like thinking everyone is able to get a paypal is a bit silly, sorry if ignorant was too harsh.

we agree with you on some things, but banning the currency is a very controversial thing, and will probably not come into discussion until there's a decline of people ordering / accepting with credits.
Sat 10 Sep - 17:38
i kinda dont understand the problem here...
if your customers can only pay with credits then you'll just have to decline them and say sorry i only take paypal? like i dont understand the need to have to ban credits completely

(also i didnt really read through the pages lol kinda skimmed through people's replies oops)
im a seller and credits is completely meaningless to me so when people pm me asking if i accept credits, i can only turn them away
and that sucks cause obviously that means less customers (to an extent)

but the part where you said people who cant get paypal on their own can just ask their parents kind of throws me off esp considering how young these people tend to be
if their parents are as strict as mine, it's not something they can just ask
and god forbid to so many people buying art is seen as pointless, especially for something like IMVU dp or IMVU badges etc

also it'll just be a wasted effort to make another subsection specifically for credits
Sat 10 Sep - 17:52
@Doll np i didnt think u were being too harsh, i dont think i worded some things properly which led to misunderstanding 
@ladynoir thats not really what im talking about, im just saying its cheaper for people to pay with paypal than credits. if credits are meaningless to u then u havent really lost a customer, cause if its meaningless then it probably has the same value as being free so its like making art for someone and you don't get anything in return. 
& i thought u said ur a seller so i dont see what the problem is with ur parents..?
Sat 10 Sep - 18:07
She's providing you an example for some cases that people cannot simply ask their parents for a Paypal. In most culture, especially Asian culture, parents are extremely strict to their children spending money on things they find 'useless'. And sadly, art is a major factor. My little sister loves drawing but my uncle would say things like 'she can never make money from doing that'. Same reason why I wasn't allowed to go into graphic designs as a major. Because they see it as a waste of time and useless. But Ofc not every parents are like that.
But it's an example as to why some people cannot get a paypal or tell their parents about it.
You have to think outside of the world you're living in.
Sat 10 Sep - 18:46
@Amy;  People are trying to explain to you why banning credits will never happen, and it seems like you're just cherry picking some information and ignoring the rest.

It is against PayPal TOS for anyone under 18 to have an account.  The only way for an underage person to legally access an account is if their parents set up a student account for them, which is basically a restricted version of PayPal that the parents will still have control over.  You're suggesting people break TOS and possibly be banned from using PayPal.

PayPal is blocked from a lot of places, not just 3rd world countries.  There are about 30 countries that PayPal doesn't support currently and they are slowly but surely adding more based on new laws being set in those countries.  Turkey was just removed not too long ago from the support list.  Considering their are only about 200 countries, that's quite a big chunk. (15%)  Whether or not the country itself is popular in today's society is irrelevant to this discussion.

If you don't want to use credits, then don't.  I don't see why those who still use them have to suffer for your.. I mean I still don't understand why you want credits banned in the first place besides you saying some people waste money buying credits.  That still doesn't make sense to me as your only backing to this suggestion.  None of this affects you personally in any way besides maybe losing a customer who wants to pay in credits.

Also, where are your info sheets and statistics that show most people on GASR actually buy their credits?  I'm a creator and all of my credits I earn from product sales.  I have my earnings split 10/90, so I get 10% credits, 90% cash.  A lot of the pixel people here are badgers on IMVU, so they're always earning credits for selling badge artwork and badges themselves.  It's their main currency.  

@Amy wrote:
im going to keep this suggestion active since i think it would benefit everyone a lot.

Majority of the forum's users still use credits in some fashion, so this is neither a beneficial or smart suggestion.  Mar hit it on the head when she explained to you why GASR cannot have its own currency.  GASR is not even its own website.  Forumotion owns GASR.

The cost, effort, time, and headache it would take to start GASR on a new website (and lose all of its members because forumotion doesn't support transfers) is not something staff will ever do just to get rid of a currency a small margin of its forum doesn't use.

We also allow other currency such as da points, in-game currency, etc.  If you want people to pay you in cash, why didn't you also suggest GASR remove every currency but cash?

I'm seriously just trying to understand because your replies don't make sense to me.
Sat 10 Sep - 19:33
@Fervent i think you need to stop assuming how i live my life personally in order for it to benefit ur argument. 
i had the EXACT same problem with graphic design. i would've done it, but im very good at my academic subjects but since my parents (who are not even asian, eastern european) said no, you will not make any money and i came to a realisation "well okay, i guess ill have to stick with my academic subjects" BUT, i told my parents i was earning money from the internet by making art and they support me. because they're my parents. you're making money either way regardless, for your parents not to support you if you're making art which you enjoy AND are getting money, thats ridiculous. this is not a place for personal stuff and isnt related to what i posted, but since you begin with that im going to tell you that parents being strict is different from parents having common sense in supporting their child like they did the entirety of the child's life.
Sat 10 Sep - 19:40
@Queen the point is, what do people gain from credits that is actually useful for their art and time?? people charge in credits cause they want to have more customers and dont want to lose potential buyers.
i see you didnt read everything i said properly since i said that it is possible for them to use their parents paypal (which would come with their permission) to purchase someone's artwork. this is legal. like if you want to buy something from amazon and you use your parents card to put it in that they gave you.
im only "cherry picking" because some stuff i read, i have a point against. you can assume the rest you said i agree with
Sat 10 Sep - 19:49
Attacking @Fervent for her family's beliefs were uncalled for.  Just because they don't think making a career out of art is logical doesn't mean they aren't supportive parents.

She wanted you to look at everyone's perspectives instead of ignoring all of our facts/opinions and stating how beneficial this suggestion is without providing any real data to back it.

I can only suggest you do more research in the future.  You're the only one in here making this personal.

Since you didn't fully read my post or answer any questions that I asked you, I'm ending my discussion here.  Have a good weekend.

Sat 10 Sep - 20:09
@Amy wrote:
@Queen the point is, what do people gain from credits that is actually useful for their art and time?? people charge in credits cause they want to have more customers and dont want to lose potential buyers.
i see you didnt read everything i said properly since i said that it is possible for them to use their parents paypal (which would come with their permission) to purchase someone's artwork. this is legal. like if you want to buy something from amazon and you use your parents card to put it in that they gave you.
im only "cherry picking" because some stuff i read, i have a point against. you can assume the rest you said i agree with

Okay so for me personally, i still sell art for credits because i'm a creator on imvu and creating products costs credits. I also like to do imvu avi edits so that's a good way for me to get those credits and enjoy the process of making the art. Also i need and want the credits to make badges, i also like to have a bit of extra credits on imvu so i can spam people with gifts.

So by having fun creating avi edits, selling those for credits that i can then use to make more products on imvu, i eventually get more irl money back (depending on sales) from imvu compared to the amount of credits i invested. So PROFIT for me.
Sat 10 Sep - 21:03
As it has been said, I think personally I do understand where you're coming from @Amy but to creators on IMVU whether it be pixel / badges or a catalog creator- they'd have no income to continue creating the expensive products. Another point is if people don't have paypal- since they can't or just don't trust it, the only way they'd be able to make some money off of it would be from credits. Most people will pay with Papyal (Real money) AND credits to it's more flexible to suit you.

I think if you took away credits, most people would be losing customers since they can't or won't pay with real money. Most sales come from credits, since most people come on here for IMVU art and pay with credits. Some creators ONLY accept credits if they need them, so taking that option away would just create unneeded multiple problems for buyers, sellers and the staff members on here.
Sat 10 Sep - 21:12
@Amy
Not once did I assume or say anything about your personal life. If you misunderstood what I said - then I apologize for wording my response poorly. I only provided personal information because you did not understand what ladynoir meant when she mentioned strict parents. Normally, people understand better when a real life example is provided, but in this case I see that you misunderstood the point behind it. And like Queen said, it was uncalled for to attack my family's beliefs when all I did was provide you a legitimate reason as why some people cannot have a paypal. Which btw, is the topic of your discussion and you wondering why people cannot have a paypal.
Since you're refusing to look at different perspectives/logic/reasoning when provided
@Queen wrote:
I'm ending my discussion here.  Have a good weekend.
Sat 10 Sep - 21:46
@Amy
While I do agree that becoming a Paypal-only site would allow us to become even more independent from IMVU, I don't agree with the other half of your solution. You first encourage us by going Paypal-only. This makes sense because there's more use for direct cash. Then, you're telling us to move away from IMVU credits (a digital currency) and work toward implementing GASR's own currency or credit system (another digital currency). You just shot down your own argument. Not only would the GASR currency be worthless, but it would also require a system that is set external to Forumotion in order to continually generate that currency. Let me tell you, none of us here are equipped with the time and money to do that. We would need to have our GASR currency to be evaluated by a marketing team and then have it backed up by real cash. You can't create something out of nothing. You need to input actual money before you can allow it to be converted into cash like IMVU credits. Again, no one here has the money to do that.

Since we can't afford to have a marketing team to put a value on our currency, we're left with a credit system that has zero worth. We're back to square one. No. In fact, we're doing worse than square one because we just banned our second-most popular currency--IMVU credits--and lost many wonderful customers on here.

In addition, I don't see why it's a bad thing to allow credits and other forms of currency on GASR. It's actually allowing our community to grow, not diminish.

I really appreciate your suggestion and trying to further improve GASR's state, but I don't think banning a specific currency will help. When IMVU credits dwindle down and become less popular, we will consider scrapping it from this site. At this point in time, a lot of people still use it and it will only benefit us if we keep it.

Today at 20:20
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next