Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Dykz

Visit my shop View my bio

Heyo! My name is Amanda. I've been drawing for IMVU on and off for years. I really enjoy doing new things when it comes to customs, and am open to a lot of new challenges. I like long walks on the beach, pineapples, and cats. Slide into my DM's if you're interested. c:

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
44%
 44% [ 407 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 106 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 38 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 160 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 219 ]
Total Votes : 930

Statistics

We have 15163 registered users
The newest registered user is MisfitsConnor

Our users have posted a total of 248884 messages in 4296 subjects

GASR Time

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:52 am
An updated tutorial might be in order >.<
Could someone explain the "pay after delivery"? I assume that's not a good option for buying art here.
I've heard of fees, but "sending to friends" says it's free on the website?
I linked my bank account, so is that it? Or do I need to do the paypal balance thing?
/confused noob.....
Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:41 pm
@LMAO

Pay after delivery has no use in buying digital goods.

When buying artwork, you are paying for goods and services, so that is the option you should choose when you are sending money to the artist.  There are fees involved that the artist is responsible for paying.  Some artists still demand that buyers pay the fees even though they know it's not allowed.  That is where a lot of confusion starts with the fees.  Most artists work the fees into their art so that the buyer doesn't have to worry about it.

It is ill-advised to send as friends & family when paying for artwork due to the chance the Artist could be banned from PayPal and/or fined up to $2,000 for avoiding fees associated with offering PayPal as a payment option.  

You do not need any money in your PayPal balance to start buying artwork.  All you need is a debit/credit card or a bank account attached that gives you access to funds elsewhere.  When you go to send money to an artist, it will ask if you want Paypal to take the money from whichever you have linked to your account.

It sounds to me like your account is already set up and ready to go.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:55 am
@Queen

Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful. I appreciate taking the time to write it.
Is there somewhere that says it's not allowed (on paypal or GASR), since I've seen a lot of shops say "fees not included" others "+ fees".
When you say say they incorporate the fees so the buyer doesn't have to worry, does that mean they are raising the price to cover it?
Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:34 pm
@LMAO

No worries.  ^^

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#4

Section 4, Paragraph 1

PayPal wrote:
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

Section 4, Paragraph 5

PayPal wrote:
4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:11 am
@Queen Wow sorry for being lazy and not checking that first.... I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for all your help!
Page 1 of 1