Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25976 registered users
The newest registered user is HuntingForEXP

Our users have posted a total of 1557568 messages in 30060 subjects

GASR Time

Fri 15 Jul 2016 - 5:52
An updated tutorial might be in order >.<
Could someone explain the "pay after delivery"? I assume that's not a good option for buying art here.
I've heard of fees, but "sending to friends" says it's free on the website?
I linked my bank account, so is that it? Or do I need to do the paypal balance thing?
/confused noob.....
Sun 17 Jul 2016 - 0:41
@LMAO

Pay after delivery has no use in buying digital goods.

When buying artwork, you are paying for goods and services, so that is the option you should choose when you are sending money to the artist.  There are fees involved that the artist is responsible for paying.  Some artists still demand that buyers pay the fees even though they know it's not allowed.  That is where a lot of confusion starts with the fees.  Most artists work the fees into their art so that the buyer doesn't have to worry about it.

It is ill-advised to send as friends & family when paying for artwork due to the chance the Artist could be banned from PayPal and/or fined up to $2,000 for avoiding fees associated with offering PayPal as a payment option.  

You do not need any money in your PayPal balance to start buying artwork.  All you need is a debit/credit card or a bank account attached that gives you access to funds elsewhere.  When you go to send money to an artist, it will ask if you want Paypal to take the money from whichever you have linked to your account.

It sounds to me like your account is already set up and ready to go.

Sun 17 Jul 2016 - 11:55
@Queen

Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful. I appreciate taking the time to write it.
Is there somewhere that says it's not allowed (on paypal or GASR), since I've seen a lot of shops say "fees not included" others "+ fees".
When you say say they incorporate the fees so the buyer doesn't have to worry, does that mean they are raising the price to cover it?
Sun 17 Jul 2016 - 13:34
@LMAO

No worries.  ^^

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#4

Section 4, Paragraph 1

PayPal wrote:
4.1 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase. If you do so, PayPal may remove your ability to accept Personal Payments.

Section 4, Paragraph 5

PayPal wrote:
4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
Tue 19 Jul 2016 - 2:11
@Queen Wow sorry for being lazy and not checking that first.... I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for all your help!
Page 1 of 1