Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25880 registered users
The newest registered user is Emancipate

Our users have posted a total of 1553636 messages in 29978 subjects

GASR Time

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:24 pm
Hey guys!! So I always always notice that whenever i export any images from GIMP the quality of the image drops so hard and i never understand why..

Here's an example of what I'm talking about

GYAZO SCREENSHOT

GIMP EXPORTED FILE UPLOADED ON IMGUR:

As you can see, on the gyazo screenshot looks more crisp and clear (especially on the pixel ><) Does anyone why that happens/how to fix it?  

Last edited by Zelda on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 am
I can't really compare them because the gyazo screenshot is zoomed in.

However, quality always depends on what your resolution settings are and how you're saving the image.  I don't have GIMP so I'm not sure exactly where you would go, but since it's compared to Photoshop, I'll explain it that way and maybe you can find it in GIMP.

When you're creating a new image/canvas, it allows you to adjust the resolution from the get:

You should be able to go in and edit the resolution settings at any time before you save the image.  72 is default on photoshop and I usually bump it up to about 100 and sharpen the image just a tad for imvu icons, but won't go higher than 300 for any image.  Higher resolution = bigger files size, and since you're making an icon, IMVU won't let you upload it if it's over 50kb.

Saving the image as a .png will keep the quality of the image.  Saving it as any others, such as .gif, .jpg/jpeg, etc. will compress the image.

I know a lot of people use GIMP because they can't afford to buy photoshop, but photoshop cs2 is free if you ever wanted to play around with it. (Click for download link.)
Page 1 of 1