Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504698 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Which would you rather
Remove the entire OT
26%
 26% [ 21 ]
Keep the OT but refocus it on art only
74%
 74% [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 81

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:34 am
@Kia wrote:
I feel like I understand the other side that wants to keep the OT around more;
however, I also want to understand the other side.

I was just about to ask you guys to explain the pros of it being an art dump sub-forum only (mostly because I know some of you are active in non-art threads in the OT so I figured you would have solid reasons), but you beat me to it lol. I think I understand more why it'd be nicer for it to be an art dump sub-forum only. I don't 100% agree with everything said - maybe ~90% - ,but I do understand.  

Yeah.  I wouldn't be upset if they removed it, but then like many have stated, it's not fair that everything be deleted.  There are quite a few active art threads in there. It would be the middle divide between people who want to keep it and people who want it deleted.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:52 am
This forum is meant to be about Artists. Having the OT actually detours a lot of traffic away from the Art part of the forum.

Literal artist have left because of the fighting in the OT. Im not talking about the little bitches who start fights and then get queezy when they are called out on it. Im talking about the proper Artists, of your beloved 'OLD GASR'.

Theres a handful, myself included. Left. We're all teetering. The place you guys have twisted this into is atrocious and all you can think about is "oH NOSIIIIY! WHERE AM I GOING TO TALK TO MY BFFL SANDRA"

MAYBE THE 10 OTHER PLACES YOU HAVE SANDRA. FACEBOOK, SKYPE. DAMN.

This forum is for artists and costumers. You talking about it not being inclusive to everyone, its not meant to be??????? Its for ARTISTS. UPCOMING ARTISTS. ART LOVERS.

I dont know why this was put to a vote, when the imvu garbage people out number the people using this site for its actual purpose. This is brexit all oVER AGAIN.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:44 pm
What some people don't seem to realise is an opinion is not an opinion if said opinion continues to negatively affect the lives and safety of others. It is a violence to them.
So excuse me if people are justly angry and call out posts that opine on issues as such as though some users don't have to live the reality of what those opinions seem to disregard.
A mod stepping in mid convo, as they do ALL the time, to deescalate the situation does not work in this instance, if anything it further cause animosity because warnings are given out for talking about issues that again are the lived realities of some users.
If you don't know how to deal with a situation like that, don't step in.
The ot and other social media sites differ in that there aren't mods as we see in the gasr ot who step in during a discussion. And they happen All the time, opinion threads and things of the manner on other social media sites are derailed and go out of hand.
It is not your job to police my anger at ignorance.

What your role is, is to access a situation and ensure neutrality and the safety of your users, and if that entails removing a section that continues to cause harm to a section of them, then so be it.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:01 pm
i agree the current moderation team is not equipped to deal with these issues.

but why they where made moderators with this inability, is beyond me. it isnt difficult.

how to mod:
1. see an escalating topic
2. find the source of the escalation
3. take a side (its not hard when its about things like racism)
4. explain to the problem why they are wrong.
5. if they continue, then ban, then dock, because this is trolling or being ignorant by choice.

its not that difficult. you act like these people can run around saying this shit, the only person you are hurting is the actual victims. people who it actually affects day to day. people who have contributed to this site from the start.

it isnt difficult to police if you know what to look for and what you're actually doing.

edit: for your benefit
how you currently 'mod':
1. see an escalating topic
2. ignore the sensitivity of the conversation
3. ask everyone to shut up
4. if they continue to post after you HAD THE LAST WORD(the savages!) close thread
5. hand out bans, warnings and docks to everyone so its fair and equal.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:03 pm
I can almost get what all of you are saying and I don't disregard your opinions And the fact that there is even the truth in some of what you say.

But honestly, why delete the OT completely when just a handful of threads got out of hand?

There are SEVERAL threads in the OT that has not become drama related or stirred up anything negative in the slightest. And I don't think it's wrong to say that yes art is what I came here for. And yes, many artist I order from, I do talk outside of gasr. However it's because of the OT I found more friends on here that we can connect with not just art but movies games etc.

I don't disagree that topics got out of hand and things were said that shouldn't have been said. Could never deny that. But to get rid of everything? Idk man.

Like I said in my very first post, my opinion is probably not even going to mean a thing, and if the mods/admins decide to remove the OT (which it kinda sounds like it already has been) then so be it.

But Alexia did state that we could post other options and suggestions. So that's what we did. -shrugs-
Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:06 pm
@cartoono I agree with you here 100%
Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:52 pm
edit: forgot to @ you.
@noxi

You can make friends in the Art forum. You can speak to artists in their shops. Like in the 'OLD GASR'. Thats why it was so busy before. Because the traffic was streamed where it was meant to.

Although I value your opinion, you must understand. it isnt about threads getting out of hand.

The admins are going down this path, not because a few threads lost their way. This is because of a type of people the OT has lured. That ARE NOT in the minority on this topic. This forum. is for Artists. This forum is for Art lovers. This forum is for people trying to improve in an accepting environment.

let me use another part of the forum an example. The Price and Critique topic.

Do you know how that topic died?
It died because people, who arent artists, would run into every thread and never shut. the heck. up. It got to a point that actual artists, had to go in after the OP had been confused, insulted or had their ass licked from a to v from people who HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT.
to undo the damage. But it got to a point where literally the whole point of the topic was lost and it became a laughing stock.
These are new artists. Artist discouraged by morons who shouldnt even be on this damn forum in the first damn place.

The OT. Is a joke. It has nothing to do with GASR. Or its community. The majority of the people posting on it, dont even use the rest of the forum.

I want an OT. For me. I want an OT, for artists. This is MY forum. I wan an OT that encourages artists, that gets people to create properly. Like a real art forum. Where people can collaborate and make friends with other artists. A proper community.

not this shit show. of imvus garbage people digging at the actual members of this community like its going to owe them props. this isnt prison, you dont need to fight the biggest guy in the grounds to get respect. god sake.

+ just so its clear because you mentioned the game threads and other 'untainted' threads.

yeh i dont give a shit about those. when you make friends with people. you often find out that stuff. if gaming is your life. go to a game forum. theres hundreds.
bringing the untainted thread stuff up is derailing to the real conversation. which is about the OT being currently meaningless which having non art related threads only proves.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:09 pm
tbh it would literally be easier if we just cut off the OT altogether
it's seriously not a huge loss to especially artists and customers who are mostly here for the art

back then, i learned a lot of my customers by small talks in my shop
and then we became friends, etc.

the problem rises especially in the OT because some people come to GASR only to post there
literally. to only. post there.
they don't contribute elsewhere and they stir shit up in the OT
(and tbh this isn't a recent thing either, the OT have always been problematic and there have been talks of getting rid of it since forever ago. a lot of y'all are just not aware of it)

this is tbh an overdue thing that should've been done a long time ago

+ fyrea and cartoono covered this pro closing the OT discussion really well
Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:31 pm
@Queen wrote:
Yeah.  I wouldn't be upset if they removed it, but then like many have stated, it's not fair that everything be deleted.  There are quite a few active art threads in there.  It would be the middle divide between people who want to keep it and people who want it deleted.

yeah. true true, Chello.
If I had to choose from the current poll options, then I'd choose to keep some of the threads. The sub-forum would have to be renamed to "On-Topic" or something as it would no longer be Off-Topic (okay I know that wasn't funny, but I laughed). at least then people can still have an outlet outside of orders that's still art.
and re: what you said about games. that's me. the only non-art OT threads I frequented were anime and game related as some of you lot find hidden gems, but I think I'll survive without them and/or I'll PM/skype/kik/whatever those of you I see making A+ suggestions. I'd still like you to alert me to those free steam codes you have sometimes, doe. you know where to find me.  

+ I figured out why I understood the other side more now at first, guys! It's because part of me still sees GASRforum as an extension of IMVU and what is IMVU? a chatting platform.
I had to remind that part of myself that while GASRforum does have a a ton of people that have/had IMVU accounts that buy/make IMVU-related art - it's still art. an art forum. simple as that, man. now I understand both sides fully and I can't think of a solution that will make everyone happy. I think I'll just stick with my vote of at least keeping the section and we'll see what happens from there.
and also a cleansing and new picking of qualified, visibly active mods (I'm talking in general) would help you guys feel less overwhelmed. nobody needs to be stressed out. 

+   @ what Craic and Moni said
I don't even know why people have to post about dealing with racism (to pick a topic) on this forum.    it clearly states in the rules and guidelines that racist comments are not allowed to be posted or PM'd because of forumotion's ToS and that those people would be permanently banned.. sooooo .... not getting into it more than that.

@Noxi: aw. it doesn't mean absolutely nothing. like some mods say, "we're users first and mods second." maybe we'll be able to come up with a solution that pleases everyone or maybe we'll at least be able to agree on one of the poll options after hearing all sides, issues, concerns, and etcetera. I know I personally feel more comfortable transforming the OT into an art dump/art-related only kinda area after reading both sides and thinking on it myself.

ladynoir wrote:
this is tbh an overdue thing that should've been done a long time ago
pretty much when people started wanting GASRforum to break free from IMVU would have been optimal. maybe even sooner than that. I know it would have helped me get rid some of the IMVU I see in GASRforum
Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm
I HAVENT READ THROUGH THESE YET I WILL but let me just tell you why we havent posted an option about adding OT mods;

First of all, we had considered this and we were planning to do so. We didnt just immediately jump the "lets delete it all" decision, we did spend some time considering what to do. Unfortunately finding OT mods who are unbiased and part of absolutely no group at all who in addition to this is willing to sweep through people's arguments and the like is just. Impossible. And I want to underline the unbiased / part of no group part. A lot of you might not remember but we have had OT mods before and tldr we had to close the OT because things got out of hand quick. (On that note, yes gasr has removed the OT before, this wouldnt be the first time).

HOWEVER lets say we were to get new OT mods. I think theres a misconception over how staff works - mods have their focused  areas such as auction, art shop, etc, however we tend to consult each other and come to a general agreement before taking action on things. Adding OT mods isnt going to give us more time to spend elsewhere or going to "move" the problem down to others as we will still be consulting each other for it.

And as for reinforcing the rules, this has already been done in the past. Recently the more we reinforce rules the more backlash mods get on a personal level. I dont think you all realize how exhausting this is for mods who literally did not sign up to be taking care of OT arguments 90% of the time instead of art related issues. And, we have deleted what we deemed were negative threads - this only resulted in people moving to other threads and somehow managing to make them negative too.

again ive only read the first few posts but i just wanted to clarify the first few comments ive seen ill be back later

TIE UP A RIBBON

Son Dongwoon my beautiful angel baby son that blows up cars that I love
twittertumblrDA

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:03 pm
Hmm, as many people have already stated I like the social aspect of the OT, BUT from what I can see it did seem to be a breeding ground for petty arguments and negativity because people can't seem to just let others be. To me, regardless of someone's f*cked up opinions or not sometimes you need to be responsible enough to realize that you can't fix people MOST of the time nor is it really your place to do so - sometimes it's wiser to simply walk away from the ignorant. You COULD get mods to handle strictly the OT forum but I personally think the OT needs to revamped to focus on art and positivity rather than allowing the negative drama it's been catering too lately (at least for now). I like OT being a social hangout but I avoided it up until now, because its social aspect was mostly social bitching.

Id also like to add, that should the decision be to keep the OT and some social aspects I feel mods need to be more responsible and timely in their punishment of the initiators of these fights (though that can be difficult) my suggestion would be to really hammer down on those that don't take arguments to PM as I'm sure it's in the rules somewhere.

I also, would not personally mind if the OT got removed entirely, but I don't think that's necessary. Just focus on art related threads.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:51 pm
@hursa

being silent with bullies, makes you a bully. walking away from people perpetrating hateful comments is easy when it isnt directed towards you, but I bet my bottom dollar you wouldnt like it when its turned on you, and you'd expect everyone to drop their shit in your aid.

there will be no social threads that arent art based in any of the situations that can be voted for.

there will be no new responsibilities for the moderators, these people signed up for a specific job. they dont get paid.

what people need to understand about whats happening:

Its happening. The OT. Is going. Either all or most.

this isnt a what if, this is how FAR you've pushed these people.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:16 pm
@cartoono I'm not saying you can't say something to them, but often it's obvious you're simply going to get no where with people and I don't see a justifiable reason in banging my head against a wall trying to make a point with someone like that and causing myself and those around me more stress and drama. I also don't feel like I have to force my opinions on others personal or otherwise. Which is a boundary not many people in the OT forum seemed to have.

Again, what it really comes down to is I believe the OT needs to be kept art specific if kept up at all since people cant seem to really handle not being shits to each other.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:51 pm
And I agree with you!
or myself since i said that. lmao.

but none the less. its good to see so many people pro a more art centered forum.

st patricks riniyu
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:09 pm
after reading through some of these opinions maybe deleting the OT thread would be for the best.

at first it felt like we were losing a part of the forum but now it seems that we're repurposing the forum to focus back on art related issues. and as Sonya & others have stated before me, there's really people who just come here to post in the OT thread instead of focusing on the real purpose of this forum. maybe this is a change that should have happened awhile ago.
Today at 6:11 pm
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next