Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24597 registered users
The newest registered user is Tokins

Our users have posted a total of 1501411 messages in 29060 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Which would you rather
Remove the entire OT
26%
 26% [ 21 ]
Keep the OT but refocus it on art only
74%
 74% [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 81

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:24 am
The discord option isnt' a MUST, you are not forced to be on there. It's there if you want to join, and if you don't want to that's completely fine as well.

No decisions are permanent either when it comes to removing / keeping the OT. GASR is changing and keeps on changing over the years, things will be removed and added back again like in the past and some things wont. We do keep the posts here in mind for now and in the future.

| catalog #1 | catalog #2 | catalog #3 | customs  | premades  | tutorials  |
Feel free to contact me if you got any questions mod/admin/gasr - related.

not taking custom requests.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:35 am
Regarding the OT mod idea, I'd just like to ask a genuine question: Those who are suggesting it, would you actually consider applying for it in case we opened a spot for a new OT mod in the next row of applications?

Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:36 am
@Mar Yes I would.

Edit: I sit on my comp all day at work, and I have access to this site.
I dispatch so i generally have alot of free time at work to be on.

Last edited by Noxi on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:36 am
@Mar wrote:
Regarding the OT mod idea, I'd just like to ask a genuine question: Those who are suggesting it, would you actually consider applying for it in case we opened a spot for a new OT mod in the next row of applications?
Yes I would.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:44 am
re: mod thing.
I will if I know that I have enough time to be active in moderating.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:48 am
@Mar
Sure, I'd apply but I don't believe I'd have the qualifications for it haha. I've modded before but on sites where the age range is like 13-16 LOL

-

Personally, as long as the community has somewhere on gasr to chat, I'd be happy. I think this should be an example of what happens when people start fights. Since this is the second time I've see "shit go down" in the matter of less then two months? I'm sure more has happened but these two events with Feelngs thread and unpopular opinions closing are pretty close together. Personally, I think I agree with @kia and think people should have cool down periods. Or have threads have cool down periods where people can't post. Then give out warnings if people continue to fight. 

Sure, people are free to vent about tragic events but since people can't do in a respectable manor, these topics should be off limits. It sucks not talking about certain topics but I guess not everyone can be respective to each other.

TL;DR
Gasr needs somewhere to vent. If fights happen again like this, people need to actually get bars removed and warnings. 

*sorry about grammar - on phone
Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:05 am
@tay wrote:

TL;DR
Gasr needs somewhere to vent. If fights happen again like this, people need to actually get bars removed and warnings.

Agreed. All parties involved, not a few people or one side or another. That's my two cents on this thing.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:39 am
---

Last edited by paliate on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:35 am
theres literally no need for an OT mod
GASR is an art forum, the existence of an OT isn't entirely necessary
some people are here not even for the art but just to talk
yall can do that elsewhere

i vote just get rid of it
or if you're keeping it, i agree with keeping mainly the latest creation + wip threads
Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:48 am
ladynoir wrote:
or if you're keeping it, i agree with keeping mainly the latest creation + wip threads

It's not like people can't socialize in the chat box that is literally in the right hand corner of the window. loool.

I wouldn't mind the OT getting a mod, but at the same time, like, that'll only solve half the issue. A mod can only do so much, and even then, shit will still happen.
some people are immature, and no matter how many warnings they'll get, they just don't understand

I agree with Sonya 100% on just keeping art related threads.
because even w/ an OT mod, shit would still get out of hand. You saw how badly Feelings Thread and Pet Peeves got, and the same thing just repeated itself.

You wanna talk to someone? get their skype or chat in the chat box.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:56 am
ladynoir wrote:
theres literally no need for an OT mod
some people are here not even for the art but just to talk
yall can do that elsewhere

I agree
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:00 am
yeah.
i'd literally rather the problem be cut at the root
rather than having a mod moderate on arguments that will continue to happen for as long as these social issues are relevant
which they are and it'll only be escalating

also i know a lot of y'all are super mad that "because of the acts of a few, the OT is in danger of being removed" but the least you could do is pretend like the topics that were discussed/argued on are important
because they are.

(and not just some inconvenience)

+ plus the moderating thing might not work in the long run anyway
people will continue to argue and the mods will only disrupt the argument mid-sentence like it's been happening in the past in an attempt to pacify the situation.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:02 am
ladynoir wrote:

I'd agree with keeping it art related if it's kept as well.  Those who use the forum for art and art discussions shouldn't be punished because of other threads that aren't needed here.  

Time has already proven multiple times that gasr is not a safe place for you to vent your feelings and opinions, so I'm not sure why people are fighting to keep those kinds of threads here.  There are so many other outlets on the internet, why do we need them here?

Why do you specifically need GASR, an art forum, to host a thread for you to complain about the weather, or fight about racial issues (since you guys seem to love bringing them up but can't handle it when the discussion gets serious), or to throw shade at someone else?  It's all fun and games, but it's not really needed.

Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Skype, Kik, text messages, IMVU(OT Forum, Pulse, IMVU Next), SecondLife, FML, MyLifeIsAverage, the gasr chatbox, etc etc.  The list goes on for other outlets where you can do this.  Why does an *art forum* have to?

I suggested having an OT mod as well, but then I realized it would just be another position of authority people would fight for and not take seriously enough to make a difference.  It would also just be another staff member for people to claim is corrupt when they try to remind people the difference between a heated discussion and harassment.  A common misunderstanding that fuels a lot of the arguments that go on around here.

Yeah, it's going to suck to lose topics discussing anything video game related, because that's my life 90% of the time, but there are other forums I am a member of that are there solely to discuss games, so I'm not really losing anything.  

The only group of people I see this really impacting are those who never post outside of the non-art related threads. That only leads me to the next question. Why did you join an art forum to not participate or discuss anything related to art?
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:15 am
I feel like I understand the other side that wants to keep the OT around more;
however, I also want to understand the other side.

I was just about to ask you guys to explain the pros of it being an art dump sub-forum only (mostly because I know some of you are active in non-art threads in the OT so I figured you would have solid reasons), but you beat me to it lol. I think I understand more why it'd be nicer for it to be an art dump sub-forum only. I don't 100% agree with everything said - maybe ~90% - ,but I do understand.
Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:19 am
tbh tho i can live without the OT
/hits u up on skype ;)
Today at 3:14 pm
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next