Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Moderator Applications are OPEN
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Beta Testers Needed
June 4, 2017 #important

We need beta testers for the new forum! Click here for further information.

GASR LGBTQ+ EVENT
June 3, 2017 #event

LGBTQ Pride is one of the largest events today that is celebrated among many major cities across the nation. To celebrate, we’ve organized a contest with our lovely mascot, Blob! Click here to join!

GASR LGBTQ+ PRIDE MONTH
June 1, 2017 #event

It's that time of the year again, in which all the GASR community comes together to celebrate love and equality, promoting a safe space for people of all orientations. In June 2016 we had a LGBTQ+ Pride week and we had an incredible amount of people participating so this year we decided to make it a whole month! Click here to participate!

New Update on Forum Migration
May 23, 2017 #update

Alright guys, it's been a few weeks and we're here with another update on the progress of moving the forum. Click here to read the full report.

Artist of the Moment

Neptunus

Visit my shop View my bio

Hello there! My name is Cosmin and I'm a 15 years old teenager that lives in Romania. Art is one of my passions along with IMVU. I like creating art for others and for myself sometimes as well. I can't call myself a pro because I am not, but I can call myself an improving artist. I want to get to a level where I can be extremely proud of myself. I'll just have to wait and see.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
46%
 46% [ 358 ]
No
12%
 12% [ 91 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 32 ]
Not Sure
17%
 17% [ 136 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
21%
 21% [ 165 ]
Total Votes : 782

Statistics

We have 15281 registered users
The newest registered user is Karola

Our users have posted a total of 225002 messages in 3775 subjects

GASR Time

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:01 am
So I got this message today.

And apparently I've messaged this girl 2 months ago regarding her stealing artwork from @Saxophonia and told her to take it down,
she then deleted the album, but now she's back at it again and she blocked me this time so I couldn't reply her.
(Altho I have no idea why would she message me in the first place)

When I confronted her 2 months ago, her username was Guest_omubul, and she then changed her name to Saxophine later on,
which I assume she did so as to match the watermarks on the DPs she's been stealing.

You can even see form the picture that she edited off the name that was supposed to be on the bottom left of the picture.

Would reporting to IMVU help to get her account suspended?
Because I'm seriously annoyed at her offering to sell them to others something that's owned by someone else  
Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:48 am
It's been said time and time again but there's nothing GASR can do about theft offsite, and IMVU couldn't give a shit about artists. You could definitely try reporting her though.
However, you can report this to IMVU theft blogs and what not.

@Saxophonia is the original artist of a lot of those pieces so if she doesn't see this thread you should message her about it, that way she can message this person, or report/file a DMCA.

*I will be locking this thread later.
Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:55 am
Ugh this person, seriously. I don't know how many times I've reported this person and so the other artists. Sadly when it comes to art, IMVU doesn't seem to care about it unless it's a product from your catalog. I have been dealing with her/him even on instagram.
Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:02 pm
@Saxophonia even though imvu can't won't do shit, you could threaten taking her/him to court. It is a legal offense to steal copyrighted things, art included. Plus, if she's trying to copy you, that's considered attempted fraud as well as someone who's received a message pertaining to art could vouche for more fraud. Just a random fact. I'm also sure you could go for attempted identity theft, but not quite positive there.
Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:04 pm
@Krist Thanks for letting me know ^^

@Saxophonia That really sucks :/ I've never seen a person who would go through the lengths of changing her own name to match the watermark just to claim it's her own work :c
Page 1 of 1