Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506270 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

11/3/2016, 9:50 pm
Okay so I'm pretty sure I'm just dumb, but I made a PayPal account earlier today
so I could receive payments for my graphics with real money because I don't really
"play" on IMVU client anymore; therefore credits aren't really something I need.

So here's the deal:
• I made a personal account.
• I don't have a bank and don't want a bank account unless 110% necessary.
• I would like the money I receive to be put into a debit card that I can spend.
• I do not have a debit card quite YET.
• Got this when I did "Add money." Is it anything important?: Click

Can people send money to my account as is right now and I put it on the card I get later?
11/3/2016, 11:54 pm
Okay well, let me try to be as helpful as possible.

• I don't have a bank and don't want a bank account unless 110% necessary.

You don't need a bank account unless you wanted to transfer your PayPal balance into your bank account so you could use the funds offline, but it's not necessary to have one linked for a fully functioning PayPal account.

• I would like the money I receive to be put into a debit card that I can spend.

The only way this is possible is if you request the PayPal Business Debit card.  Don't let the name fool you.  Personal accounts can request and use the debit card like a normal card and it's free to request.  No transferring is required.  Once you get the debit card and activate it, you have immediate access to whatever amount of money is currently in your PayPal balance.  There's no other way to transfer your PayPal balance unless it's to a Bank account.  It takes about 7 business days to get the card once it's requested, maybe sooner.

• I do not have a debit card quite YET.

You might want to wait on asking people to send you money until you get the PayPal Business Debit card or a bank account to use the funds, otherwise you might be locked out from using your money because you haven't verified your identity yet.  

If and when you do have access to your PayPal funds, the only way you can use them is online via a retailer who accepts Paypal.

• Got this when I did "Add money." Is it anything important?: Click

Yes, that's very important.  You will not be allowed to use any money that's sent to your PayPal account or add any funds to your PayPal balance until you verify your identity.  There's a good chance no one will be allowed to send you money until you're verified as well.  I would follow the instructions in the Resolution center it links you to and get that done ASAP.  The only way you will be able to use your PayPal account now is if you have a debit card, from a bank or a prepaid card with money you added to it at various retailers, linked to it and you use the money on that debit card, which you currently do not have.    

Some reasons why they would ask you to verify your identity is if you signed up with fake information, i.e. a fake name, fake address, etc.  This is not something you should do, and if you have done it, I'd give up on this account and make a new one with your real information.  Keep in mind that using someone else's information, such as your parent's, is against the TOS and can have you banned from using PayPal, and that you have to be at least 18 to use it.

Can people send money to my account as is right now and I put it on the card I get later?

No.  You can't transfer funds to debit cards, only bank accounts.  The only way you can use your account balance on Paypal with a debit card is to get the Business Debit card I mentioned earlier.

More information on that here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card
12/3/2016, 1:32 am
@QUEEN: Thanks so much for the help. I have no idea what I'm doing, as you can see lol.

But also now it's wanting proof of my address by sending utility bill. I'm 18 but live with my mom. I don't pay any bills... Is there other options?

I think that's my last question. Thanks so much for the help.
12/3/2016, 6:50 am
I'm pretty sure you can send it in since I'm assuming you guys have the same last name?

I'd call customer service on that one just to make sure. I had to use bank statements to prove my address for certain things when I was still living with my parents, but I never had to verify my identity for PayPal so I'm not sure if there is an alternative.
Today at 1:13 am
Page 1 of 1