Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24602 registered users
The newest registered user is Hopes

Our users have posted a total of 1501650 messages in 29061 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:10 am
I didn't know you personally but I feel heartbroken nonetheless.
I know you were a wonderful person, one of the kindest I've seen on the forum.
I could see you had a big heart and all the messages above mine prove that.
You were loved and appreciated by many. I wish I had the chance to speak with you.
You were and always will be a beautiful soul Diana, R.I.P <3
Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:33 am
I really don't know what to say, it's a shock known life can be taken away so easily from us even at a young age. I never knew her but I seen her around, from all I read about her it's sad hearing a kind soul has been taken from this world. I think there was a time I was wanting a premade from a artist and, she would beat me to them, I made a comment about wanting a  premade. And she passed a premade just so others were able to get a chance. Which I thought was very nice of her since not many would do that, but my thoughts and positive vibes and prayers go out to her and her family and friends. I do hope wherever she is she in a much better place and may she rest in peace.
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 am
✝ Rest In Peace ✝

I am quite shocked and sad to hear that Vanillaskyy has passed away.

I didn't know you on a personal level Diana, but we did share some private conversations & interests about personal subjects, via PM. I hope that you rest in peace, and that all of the pain and suffering has left your soul. Yet again, I just wanted to send my wishes and my heartfelt condolence on to this lovely woman who was a GASR art lover, like myself.

You will never be forgotten♥
Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm
I never got the chance to actually talk to you, but you were everywhere.
The people you spoke with on a daily basis had great respect and love for you, even I from a far.
I know you'll be in all of our hearts-never be forgotten.
At times like this I wish I had gone out of my way to drop by and say hello to you.

My condolences to her loved ones.
She's up there, above us, watching over us and smiling.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:53 pm
@Capsule wrote:
Words cannot express how i feel, but i do hope you are at rest now with nature itself.
It will take some time for me to process this, but i promise i will work hard and do my best.
All the conversations we had were my favorite, you were one of those people that just kept on
shining no matter what, whether you liked it or not.
Thank you for talking to me, thank you for sharing things with me, thank you for involving me.
After all the years i've known you, you've always been positive, supportive, and just incredible overall.
I wish i could've shared more with you, my art, music, about life.
I hope you've lived your life the way you wanted to. Normally i'm always busy, never taking a break,
always moving, always working, but just this time... just for you i will slow down and appreciate life.
This song always reminded me of you, i wish i could've shared it sooner.
Thank you for everything and thank you for your hard work. I hope i can meet you again, we will meet again.

I cried with that
the most awesome tribute someone could ever do
she would have loved this so much
Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:46 pm
oh gosh this is so sad to hear. Every time we spoke she was always super kind.
Ill keep her and her family in my prayers.

~rest peacefully love~
Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:24 am
Like others, I've never spoken to her personally, and had only seen her around GASR.
The interactions I've seen between her and everyone else, were nothing but nice, kind words. She was truly lovely even when I didn't know her properly.

I do wish that I had spoken to her and gotten to know her more, but sadly that cannot be.
Rest in Peace. It's incredibly sad to see that you've left many behind who truly loved you.

+ Bless the rest of you who knew her. I hope your grieving processes aren't too hard for you all.
If there's anything I can do, I'm here if any of you need to let out any emotions or feelings. I'd be glad to listen and help.
Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:49 am
Hello,

This is Diana's daughter writing. I knew my mother kept her account on IMVU, but I did not know how much she was still into it. So right now I am just blown away by how many people on here are affected by this. All of your messages and kind words about her warm my heart and nearly make me cry. I knew she still loved to buy art on here but I did not know how many close friends she had. It breaks my heart every day to know that she will not be with me anymore, but as all of you seem to know she was one hell of an amazing women. I want to thank Capsule so much for the amazing piece of art you have done in honor of her. I am so in love with it and hope maybe I can get it printed some day so I can frame it.

I know many of you are asking as to what happened. I haven't told many people because I know it is not something she would really want out there and have people knowing about. If you were close to her, she might have mentioned that she was a recovering alcoholic, she took medicine that helped her stay away from alcohol as well.. Unfortunately things have been rough the past few weeks and she unfortunately had relapsed pretty badly. Its really hard to talk about just because I, myself don't want people knowing she had an alcohol problem. She wasn't her self when she drank.. no one is. I don't want anyone ever thinking she was some drunk, because she wasn't. She was an amazing, gold hearted , love filled women.. Alcohol just was a downfall. Anyways, the toxicology report has not come back and I won't know for a while, but I do know the main cause was alcohol.

This is really a terrible time for me right now because she was doing so great. She was the most amazing mother anyone could ask, she was my best friend. I don't get to see my father that much due to his job so my mother and I have been attached at the hip since I was a baby. Many of you seem to have cared for her, and I appreciate all of you who were kind to her and loved her. I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I myself use to have an IMVU account, it has been so long though I cannot remember my log in or password. I would love to get to know some of you so I think I will be keeping my mothers account up. Maybe sometime I can come on and chat with some of you who knew her on here. I appreciate listening to stories of her. She was so amazing.

Anyways, thank you all again for your amazing kind words of her. I'll hopefully be on here or there to say hello and talk to some of you. I still love the art that gets done on here, who knows, maybe I'll get back into it.

For now, keep your loved ones close and just remember alcohol is also a dangerous drug! Just be safe and always tell each other how much you love them. Tell everyone! You don't know when you'll lose someone..

Jessika H. (VanillaSkyy's daughter)
Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:15 pm
ok..i just notice this thread now, & i seriously stop breathing when i'm reading this, i can't believe what i read even tho i re-read it couple of times. i don't know what to say, i just can't believe this!Jessika, i really sorry to u & ur family for ur lost..i just don't know what else to say, my brain is blank atm..
Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 am
@VanillaSkyy -
As I said in my previous post in this thread, I did not know your mother well, and I realize now how much I regret not becoming her friend, knowing what happened truly made me emotional, sitting at my desk at work. Everyone has their faults, but they don't make you who you are. I truly believe that everyone on GASR loved your mother dearly & I doubt knowing the cause would EVER change their feelings towards her.
You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers dear & I hope you find peace in knowing that she is watching over you.
Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:59 am
Holy cow..I'm just seeing this now. I never really had the opportunity to speak to her, but she was always so lovely and chock full of compliments about everyone's art. I'm sad I never took the chance to speak to her. This thread is so nice of you.

To Jessika -

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:53 pm
I don't know her personally but I remember starting a new premade shop and I was insecure of my work,
and she was one of the few who took interest in my art when I wasn't really good with it and her posts motivated me to do more.  
and from what you guys are writing about her, I'm grateful that such a wonderful person took an interest in my art.
My condolences.
Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:58 pm
My condolences.
I don't know what to say, I really didn't know her.
Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:34 am
I never really knew Diana on a personal note, but I wish I did.
When people talked about her -
It was nothing ever wrong, she was treated with respect and love.
And I'm sure she knew how much everyone loved her.
I feel horrible knowing an amazing person has been taken away from us, once again.
I'm rarely on, but I saw this, and this killed me.
My sympathy goes out to everyone.
Please be strong everyone.
Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:05 am
Like so many have already said, my condolences go out to you and your entire family.  Also, it's wonderful to hear such amazing stories about her, even when I never knew her like others did.  It is tough, but it's been mentioned that she is so much better off, and that is so true.  It touched me to see someone, through the stories, that was willing to share her faith publicly.  She is an inspiration to me, and, I would imagine, many others.  I only wish that I could have known her better, because she seems like the type of person that would have been a joy to know.

"For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past.
And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better." - Philippians 1:20-21, NLT
Today at 11:18 pm
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next