Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504020 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 8:34
It's so shocking to realize that life can be taken from you at any time and age.
I will be wearing pink Saturday, in her memory. I didn't know her personally but I'd seen her around and wow she had to be one of the sweetest people I've seen.
Condolences to her friends and family and may she rest in peace.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 9:25
Diana was an angel in Earth and now a beautiful angel in the sky
She always had a kind word and a sweet smile for everyone, even in difficulties always found the force in her religion
She touched many hearts and her biggest satisfaction was help others
We was "the other half of the apple" of each other, so similar even if so differents, so close even if miles far from other
She was a friend she was a sister she was me she was all us cause no one could rest indifferent from her big heart and personality once talked with her even only once
I know she is happy in the arms of God and she will protect me forever
She will always be with me, in my heart and my memories

@Diana wrote:
"The ones who pass and are in heaven are the lucky one"

FUNERAL BLUES - W. H. Auden

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent he dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message (s)He Is Dead,
Put crêpe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

(s)He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good

Last edited by Acorn on Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 9:57
While I am newer to GASR and don't know or talk to anyone on here as of yet,
I do know loss, and grief.
My heart and condolences go out to those whose lives she touched.
May she she be at peace, and may those loved her find solace in their memories of her.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:08
; -;
Can't believe she's gone.
She was such a sweetheart whenever we chatted and gushed over art pieces together.
Diana also was one of the few people who encouraged me to continue with art which really helped me with my confidence and will to practice more this past year.
Just never got the chance to talk to her more often so we could become closer and now I wish I had.
Ima miss her and her lovely attitude, she was an amazing gasrian.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 10:16
I became friends with Diana way back in Old GASR (when I was still Opticon). Though we periodically didn't talk for a month or so, she always sent me a message once in a while so we could talk and catch up. And like someone else mentioned in this thread, it's like I knew her forever and when we would exchange our paragraph long messages it was like we never stopped talking at all. I remember her telling me her life's story and I remember her life being unjustly hard. She was also always very supportive of my art and was one of the people who really encouraged me.

She understood that I am a pretty shy and quiet person, so she didn't mind messaging me first. I just never realized how amazing it was that she would think about me every once in a while. She remembered me and cared enough to make sure I was doing okay still. She took time out of her short existence to think of me, and it both warms and breaks my heart because I had been absent from GASR for a few years and it seems that I came back too late. I regret so much that I didn't get to talk to her again. She didn't even know that I have a son now.

I found out yesterday before this thread was posted, as I am really good friends with Reini and she is at my house right now. I guess I was in sort of disbelief but reading through this thread is making me cry so much. She was definitely too good for this world. She was an angel and now she has her wings.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 11:04
I never knew or talked to her either but as others said I've seen her around and she always was kind to people, this made me sad as well.

my thoughts are with her family and friends and others who adored her.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 11:23
I would like to say a few words about my friend Diana. She and I have been friends since I started creating art on IMVU, which was over five years ago. She has always been there when I needed her and I will truly miss her dearly. Diana was a hard-working, intelligent, caring and very thoughtful person. She just had such a beautiful soul and those who know her knew this as well. She was very close to her friends and family and had a lot of people who cared about her. She loved art and how it spoke to her, collecting pieces for years. She was always positive and inspirational to many artists, and always knew how to make you smile.

One of Diana’s best traits was that she always lived her life to the fullest and loved to laugh and smile. Whenever I was feeling down and needed a friend to lean on she was always there for me. We have been through a lot over the years, but no matter where life took us we new we could count on one another.

Diana taught me many life lessons over the years. She taught me simple things like how to be grateful for everything you had, how to overcome my inner demons and how to stay positive when life just seems to be knocking you down continuously. But she also taught me more important things like the value of friendship and how to balance career and family.

It isn’t possible to put into words the importance of friendship and how much Diana meant to me. She positively influenced my life in so many ways and I will miss her with all of my heart. Diana, thank you for your friendship, I will miss you forever and never forget all of the times we spent together. I will never forget the words that you have placed inside my soul that will remain there for all eternity. I will keep my head up, as you have taught me to do so. Rest in Peace my dearest Diana, for I will remember you always.

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory" - Dr. Seuss
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 12:47
It's so hard finding the right words to say; I have found myself numerous times writing something then erasing it. How does one put words down that state their condolence or appreciation for someone as lovely a person as Diana was. It's hard to see someone that was as kind as her to go so fast in life. It's a feeling of so many mixed emotions from anger of thinking why? To comfort of knowing she's somewhere without pain and in the comfort of the Lord. I have always been the timid type of person to not really jump out in the crowd and just chit chat away. I remember the first time she sent me a note; it was out of the blue, but she was so sweet and kind telling me how lovely a person I was even though we had hardly talked at the time. She took time out of her day to make me smile even though she didn't have to do it; and in that moment she had it was priceless to me. We sent messages back and forth numerous times wishing one another of many happy things, and I can't say enough how many times those simple little messages made my day. I can only hope that mine to her did the same. I always appreciated reading the many lovely compliments that she would give artists in their shops as well. The kind words she gave to someone that just was having a bad day or hardships in their lives. Diana always put others before herself; that was evident many times.  She cared; something rare you don't see everyday that was a genuine care for someone even if she didn't know them. You could always feel her hand reaching out to comfort you in those moments of need.  I have to say we need more of Diana's in this world; someone that genuinely gives a crap about others and expects nothing in return. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing her for longer than I had, but I appreciate the memorable moments that she gave me. Her family is in my thoughts and prayers as well as those closest to her. This hit home for me as I know it did for many; it wasn't a good unexpected or something I wanted to see happen to a good person; I can only hope in these moments though to remember and appreciate all the good and not dwell on the one bad. Her life will be remembered as something precious to me and can only hope that for others.

R.I.P

A light from our family is gone
A voice we loved is stilled
A place that's vacant in our home
Which never can be filled.

We have to mourn the loss of one
We would have loved to keep
But God who surely loved her best
Has finally made her sleep.

After a lifetime of her love and joy
And music to fill our ears
God leaves these wonderful memories
To help us through our tears.

-Unknown

Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 13:17
I have known Diana for about 2 years. She always reached out to me to tell me how much my art has improved and always gave me words of encouragement to keep me going. The last time her and I spoke last month, we talked about how we were both going to make 2016 a better year for both of us. Sadly I am sure this isn't what she had in mind. She is/was such a kind hearted woman. Never had anything bad to say about anyone and she truly lit up every thread she has been to. She always encouraged people, she always knew how to put a smile on someones face in the toughest of times and she did it so well. I still don't want to believe this is true. This is a really hard hit to the GASR community. People may not know her personally, but everyone I am sure has seen her around. This is just so sad, such a precious woman taken from us way too early. May you rest in peace Diana, you will truly be missed.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 13:47
In fact, I am going to use a pink DP in honor of Diana for the next week.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 14:14
I can't believe she passed away, she was such a sweet and amazing person. She always always knew how to put a smile on others faces and always gave me words of encouragement. How can someone so kind and gentle like Diana get taken away from us so early in life? She will truly be missed and never forgotten.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 14:16
This is indeed a shocker, I still can't believe it.
Like most people said I don't know her on a personal level but she was always very nice.
She's very passionate about supporting artists and really takes her time to talk to you to show her support. I am heartbroken such sweet individual to pass in such a young age but this will always remind us how short and fragile life is.

My heartfelt condolences to friends and family, RIP Diana.
You will be missed dearly.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 15:56
@Karismic wrote:
In fact, I am going to use a pink DP in honor of Diana for the next week.

i second this.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 16:14
I didn't know Diana personally but, as many others have said, have seen her around the forum.
She was a truly special person and will be greatly missed.

I offer my deepest condolences to Diana's friends and family.
Rest in peace, Diana.
Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 17:06
It truly is sad to see someone go, specially in our community and someone so lovable and kind. I didn't know Diana since I'm from the new GASR and would only see her around leaving her words of encouragement over the shops to support the artists. She seemed to be very friendly and approachable, I'm sure she'll stay in the memories of many of us.
My condolences to her friends and family and may she rest in peace.

Today at 13:13
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next