Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25945 registered users
The newest registered user is guysart

Our users have posted a total of 1556486 messages in 30035 subjects

GASR Time

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:53 pm
Hey Everyone.

I'm new to all this so please bare with me......  

I'm just wondering if any of you awesome artists know of any free links, downloads to some brushes i could use for hair, texture and much more for editing my dp's? As i cant find any that are free and safe to download.  

I use a free online website to do my artwork called Pixlr Editor, its pretty much photoshop but online if that helps with you knowing the software i use.

Any help would be appreciated as i'm trying to learn and better my graphic skills, tho i'm useless at anything graphic art based, more pen & paper artist in all honesty.

Thanks in advance!!
Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:13 am
I'd suggest a different program to begin with.  Small free to use programs like that don't come with much to offer, or a way for people to add-on to it.  

There are other programs you can use that are popular on here.  

GIMP
Click the orange button to download directly.  This is basically a free version of Photoshop with most of the accessories. It's a popular program and it's easy to find new brushes and tutorials on how to edit/draw things on it.

Paint Tool Sai
Commonly called just Sai.  This is a custom version from a popular artist on Deviant Art.  This is probably the most popular program used on here. It's basically a stripped down version of photoshop, only having the basics and a few settings. It's popular with people who know how to draw because of things like line smoothness settings, blending, etc.

Both downloads are safe.  You can find GIMP brushes to download and use, but Sai is basically a program where you create your own brushes by playing with the settings.  If you choose to use GIMP, deviant art users have a ton of brushes you can download.

Click for Brushes
Page 1 of 1