Gasrforum
HomeLandingEventsContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

TOS Update: Blacklists
July 31, 2017 #tos #update

We've made an update to our Rules & Guidelines. More specifically, our guidelines covering harassment. Click here to read about the change.

Profile Awards
July 24, 2017 #update

Because of the whole mess with photobucket changing how their image hosting works, a lot of users have lost some award badges. Click here for more information!

GASR's New Moderators
July 20, 2017 #aanouncement

After carefully reviewing each application we've received, we are pleased to announce our newest staff members! Click here to view our new team members!

Photobucket TOS Change
June 30, 2017 #announcement

Photobucket has changed their Terms of Service which is affecting a lot of our members currently. Linking images from their website is no longer allowed with free accounts. Click here for more information.

GASR Moderator Applications are CLOSED
June 12, 2017 #update

Yes, it's that time again; we are in dire need of more volunteers to help moderate our forum and ensure that all members behave according to our forum rules. Click here to apply!

AP GUIDELINES REFRESHER & RULE CHANGE
June 10, 2017 #announcement

Due to the recent influx of users violating the AP guidelines set by Forumotion that we are required to enforce, we've decided that a little refresher on that section of the rule book was needed. Click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

Sewn

Visit my shop View my bio

My name is Julia, I've been drawing for 10 years! I've been a part of the gasr community for 4 years now and it's one of the most heartwarming community's I've been in. I've always loved drawing since I was tiny and It's my dream to make a living out of drawing art <3 Thank you for all the love and support!

Facebook: Click
DA: Click

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 444 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 113 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 43 ]
Not Sure
18%
 18% [ 180 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
24%
 24% [ 242 ]
Total Votes : 1022

Statistics

We have 15193 registered users
The newest registered user is Serenade

Our users have posted a total of 266117 messages in 4617 subjects

GASR Time

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:53 am
Hey Everyone.

I'm new to all this so please bare with me......  

I'm just wondering if any of you awesome artists know of any free links, downloads to some brushes i could use for hair, texture and much more for editing my dp's? As i cant find any that are free and safe to download.  

I use a free online website to do my artwork called Pixlr Editor, its pretty much photoshop but online if that helps with you knowing the software i use. :e1:

Any help would be appreciated as i'm trying to learn and better my graphic skills, tho i'm useless at anything graphic art based, more pen & paper artist in all honesty.

Thanks in advance!!
Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:13 am
I'd suggest a different program to begin with.  Small free to use programs like that don't come with much to offer, or a way for people to add-on to it.  

There are other programs you can use that are popular on here.  

GIMP
Click the orange button to download directly.  This is basically a free version of Photoshop with most of the accessories. It's a popular program and it's easy to find new brushes and tutorials on how to edit/draw things on it.

Paint Tool Sai
Commonly called just Sai.  This is a custom version from a popular artist on Deviant Art.  This is probably the most popular program used on here. It's basically a stripped down version of photoshop, only having the basics and a few settings. It's popular with people who know how to draw because of things like line smoothness settings, blending, etc.

Both downloads are safe.  You can find GIMP brushes to download and use, but Sai is basically a program where you create your own brushes by playing with the settings.  If you choose to use GIMP, deviant art users have a ton of brushes you can download.

Click for Brushes

Page 1 of 1