Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25945 registered users
The newest registered user is guysart

Our users have posted a total of 1556486 messages in 30035 subjects

GASR Time

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:55 am
i read somewhere on dA about how someone was asked to close their paypal down because they had signed up underage (even though they were of legal age, i think, at the request)
i also read in the comments that the same happened to others...

im considering setting up a paypal for future use
im currently 17 though (and won't be turning 18 for a whole nother year)
i was first thinking that it wouldn't matter if i do because i wouldn't use it til i'm 18
...but would it be better for me to play the safe route and wait til im legal?
im asking cuz i wanna reserve a paypal.me link (again) for commissions and stuff in the future

Last edited by buniwa on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:58 am
that sounds stupid now that i think about it but...
ughh
Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:10 am
I'd wait. There are users on GASR who have struggled with closed down PayPal accounts one after another because they were underage. PayPal does random security checks on accounts based on activity, so it's never a sure thing. Some people are never bothered, while some people just have no luck at all.

I even think @Alexia might have had this issue in the past? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:51 am
I've had paypal since i'm like 15, just ask your parents to make it for you, and you use it.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:31 am
@yeri
i do that now its just i want my own ;; v ;;
bbbbut i think thats illegal ahhghg
Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:32 pm
It's against their rules to sign up/use an account with someone else's information, even if it's your parents.  They have a student account option that has something to do with your parents, but even then, you yourself still have to be at least 18 years old. Their entire TOS is basically saying if you're not at least 18 years old, you can't use the site regardless of a, b, or c.

People keep trying to skirt the rules, but let's see whose laughing when they get that $2,500 fine when they get caught.
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:28 pm
@queen ahh, i should read it next time.
i don't use it that often though...
i've mainly only used it for micro transactions, and usually with my mom's permission
(since i withdraw from her card with her permission)
other times, well, i only have a balance of 10 usd or less from art at a time
Page 1 of 1