Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24663 registered users
The newest registered user is HelloViicky

Our users have posted a total of 1504849 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:23 am
Can I have some clarification on some rules?  Which one is correct?

If you have a premade shop, you are not allowed to post premades in the premade market.  or
If you have a premade shop, you can post your premade in one or the other, not both.

Also, when did it become a rule that we had to use the form or we'd get a warning?  'Cause I never use the form and I've never had any issues from not using it either.  

+I also edit my post, delete everything, and put sold in red letters after I sell a premade.  I'm told this is no longer allowed either?  Since when?  Cause I've done that since the market was created.
Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:49 am
Alright so we've been having some issues over the rules but AT THE MOMENT:
If you have a premade shop, you can post your premade in one or the other, not both. - I believe this one would be correct; even though we haven't been checking who posts in both too closely so some people may end up slipping :(
Also the form needs to be always used, as it says in the rules. Back then some people would edit the post and change to SOLD and we wouldn't do anything because it wasn't much of an issue but nowadays people started to edit their posts and put their shop banners as a way of advertizing so we decided to be more strict about the rules. This was maybe 2/3 months ago though
So what you're supposed to do is after you post the form up and you sell the art, edit only the section regarding whether if it's sold or not.

✿ Please feel free to contact me for any assistance regarding the issues listed in the
contact page or my profile!

Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:54 am
Okay, the first part is fair, but what about those who will post their premade in the market, and once you get down to the price part, it says "Click here to go to my shop and order it."  Because I see that happen more often than not.  I just saw it a couple weeks ago and their post might still be in there 'cause they quoted it twice on the same page.  (Or not, maybe the thread moves faster than that.)

Now, on the bit about editing the form, I'm kind of iffy about that 'cause what?  Hear me out on this.  How is that any easier?  Advertising outside of your signature and the paid advertising is not allowed.  It's a general rule.  So shouldn't they get a warning for breaking a rule that goes for all sub-sections and not just that one thread?  Instead of punishing everyone?

Person 1: -edits post; inserts banner and deletes everything else-
Person 2: -edits post; adds sold and deletes everything else-
Staff: Okay so person 2 is totally okay but we're gonna warn both of them because person 1 is an asshole.

Sounds like you're doing double the work when you could just be doing half?
Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:36 pm
I agree with @Queen on this issue.

++ @ the rules getting enforce stricter 2/3 months ago
If that's the case, you guys should have updated the rules to be more specific. I've seen so many people edit their post and delete everything to put 'sold' because it's simpler and causes less confusion. Yet they can receive warnings for something that they didn't know it was against the rules??? Especially when it is NOT clearly stated. The rules just state:
Quote :
We now have a form you must use whenever you post your premades.
Any posts that do not use our form will simply be deleted and you will receive a friendly warning if it is your first time and then an official one if you do it again.

I honestly just take that as when you first post to sale a premade, not after. And I'm sure so many people read it that way as well.
The rules need to be updated to be more specific to cause less misunderstanding because right now, mods are taking action for something not clearly defined in the rules, but letting other things slide when it is clearly stated in the rules not to.
Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:45 pm
There is a whole thread for Art Shop rules including Premade Shops: http://www.gasrforum.com/t26096-art-shop-rules-custom-shops-premade-shops-and-free-shops#1279833

If you have a shop with a lot of premades, why post in the market? So technically people should choose only one place. Either open a premade shop or post in the premade market. The following rule below has never been strictly imposed, it's been more of a suggestion (see below in at the premade market rules).

Quote :
If you only plan to sell a couple of premades, post them in the premade market rather than creating a new thread for them.
This rule is in place to reduce spam. If you plan on creating more than a couple of premades, please make a new thread. If you're just trying to get rid of a couple of spare ones, please use the premade market! The current premade market is stickied in the premade section.

It is also stated in the rules I have linked above that people should follow the rules there AND the ones in the premade market. Those rules have been there for a while.

Quote :
When using the Premade Market, follow the premade market rules.

PREMADE MARKET RULES (from the rules thread linked above) wrote:
Remember you can only re-post your premades once every 24 hours.
That way this thread doesn't get to cluttered.
If you have a new premade and you are not reposting any older ones, then you can post again even if it hasn't been 24 hours
Use the premade form (posted below) when posting premades in this thread.
If you create 1 - 2 premades a week and you know you will be creating more please consider making a permanent shop rather than posting in the premade market.
If you have a premade shop, we suggest that you post them in your shop rather than the premade market because it may confuse potential buyers by posting it more than one place.
Even if you are selling multiple premades at once your post may only contain a preview image of 500 x 500 pixels.
Of course you can include a link to the larger separate images if you desire.
You can post more than one image as long as all of the pictures combined take up no more space than 500 x 500 pixels.
Please review our Forum Guidelines whenever you are posting in our forums.
If you are interested in buying please PM the artist and do not post here. Additionally, please do not spam the thread with comments.

All that and more is clarified in the first post of the Premade Market.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Regarding the after editing, well you have a point. This could use some clarification and an addition to the rules since not all people may realize that they have to use the form at all times and the form has a part where it says whether the image has been sold or not. So technically they should just be editing that part to a 'yes' after it's been sold, even though it is indeed more convenient to just remove everything else and type 'SOLD'. That's how I see it.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:32 am
Quote :
If you have a shop with a lot of premades, why post in the market? So technically people should choose only one place. Either open a premade shop or post in the premade market. The following rule below has never been strictly imposed, it's been more of a suggestion (see below in at the premade market rules).

Yes, people should choose one place to post a premade.  I have a premade shop, but it's been empty due to no time to consistently make any, but every now and then I might, by some miracle, have an extra hour or two to pop one out, and instead of using my shop, I put it in the market for fast sale.  I don't post it in both places.  

You're not supposed to post it in the market if you have it posted in your shop.  That's what I was pointing out.  I see people post premades in the market, and near the end of the form around payment or extra details, it says "If you're interested in buying this, click here to go to my premade shop and order."  They won't accept PMs about the premade.

Isn't that technically advertising your shop?  So not only are they breaking the "don't post premades in the market if they're in your shop" rule, but they're also breaking the advertising rule that has been extra enforced as of late.  Yes?  

re: Using the Form

Yes, I see that it says use the form, but as of recently, I was under the assumption it was a recommendation to help those who don't really know how to set up a post in the premade market.   I don't have an issue using the form, I just think it's weird I'll get a warning for doing something I've done since the beginning.  Same with editing the post and putting sold rather than keeping what was there.  

(I'm still not seeing how it's easier to go after people who put sold on top of the advertisers than just going after the advertisers.)

Again, I'm not upset, I just think it's odd that out of all the rules that should be more strictly enforced, these two are the ones that are right now.
Today at 2:14 am
Page 1 of 1