Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504698 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Should Public Blacklists Be Allowed?
Yes
24%
 24% [ 12 ]
No
76%
 76% [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 49

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:57 pm
We're constantly told that naming anyone in a negative light is against the rules, thus all the passive aggressiveness that goes on within this forum.  So if we aren't allowed to directly call anyone out, why are public blacklists allowed?

I see them in artists' shops and/or on their profiles.  Wouldn't this technically be against the rules?

I just had another friend fall victim to an artist's blacklist due to a reason that was the artist's fault.  She sorted it out, but she shouldn't have been put on a public blacklist in the first place.  

I don't even see why anyone needs to know who is on a blacklist period besides the artist?  What benefit does it serve me when I go in and order art, and there's a section titled Blacklist in huge, black bold letters?  The only purpose it seems to serve is having people judge whoever is on the list without even knowing why they're there in the first place.

Isn't that exactly what people do when someone is accused of being a thief without proof?  This isn't highschool.  There's no reason to have a public burnbook blacklist in your shop and your profile.

I'm doing this on behalf of the friend who doesn't have the courage to speak up, and I'm tired of seeing this happen over and over.  A blacklist is not the place to fulfill some kind of vendetta you have against someone.

Last edited by Queen on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:35 pm
I agree, it makes no sense having your reputation destroyed because you're blacklisted by someone. Just make a list for yourself and be done with it, no need to drag other people into the mud.
Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:39 pm
Right?  We have our fair share of repeat offenders who probably deserve every bit of infamous publicity they get, it still isn't fair.

Some artists put people on blacklists for not liking the image or asking for changes, usually brought on by the artist not following what the customer wanted.

"Oh, you don't like how I went off-form and did my own thing on your piece?  Well too bad, black listed for being a rude customer and not complimenting my art skillz!!!1!"

Even if it was justified, no one else needs to know who is on your blacklist!

Like Mattie said, if you have an issue with someone, that's what your blocked list is for.
Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:25 pm
last time i do wish i have blacklist list on my shop so that the person who i blocked will get the hint i don't want any business with them so stop spamming my shop with post that i can't read, or rather don't want to read, but now that i know i can report pple who luv to post order on every shop they found & never actually pay for it, i don't need the blacklist thing anymore lol!well not like i have one bfore tho, since yea, no matter how i'm piss at someone, i don't want other to have ill intention toward them just bcause of the blacklist thing, even if they only troll..
Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:50 am
Glad everyone is voting no, except for the one yes vote who is either a troll or an artist guilty of doing these things.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:49 am
w8 blacklists still exist?
i've only had one bad customer and to solve that i simply just blocked them, or well put them as a "foe" so i couldn't see any of their posts
guess that's what blacklisting should be these days ya?
no, i don't think they should exist, because well that's something personal between artist and customer
wouldn't sit there and list all the customers that are good so why list the bad ones
this isn't a report card, maintain professionalism eue
Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:20 pm
@Cracker wrote:

this isn't a report card, maintain professionalism eue

preach
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:15 am
bumping for another round of awareness.

hoping this gets added into the rules in the near future.
Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:31 pm
there's a difference between badmouthing someone all over the forum and making it clear they're not welcome in your shop, IMO.
most mature way to handle it? maybe not, but if we 're policing for maturity levels now everyone's banned.

and if you've been enough of an ass to be blacklisted like
learn from it.
Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:13 pm
@vin wrote:
there's a difference between badmouthing someone all over the forum and making it clear they're not welcome in your shop, IMO.
most mature way to handle it? maybe not, but if we 're policing for maturity levels now everyone's banned.

and if you've been enough of an ass to be blacklisted like
learn from it.

That's the thing, though.  If people were actually using the blacklist system properly, there wouldn't be an issue.  

You go to most artist's shop that has a blacklist, and I can guarantee you that majority of the names on there are put on there because fault of the artist that they're trying to blame on the customer.

We have assholes all around this forum who never pay for artwork, shit on artists for every tiny thing, break rules, etc.  But those people are never on blacklists because, let's be honest, no one gives a shit if they're publicly shamed.  

But someone who buys a lot of art, someone who is recognized as an A+ buyer to a lot of the artists on here?  

How about I put them on a blacklist because they didn't pick up their order in -required amount of time- even though they PM'd me saying they wouldn't be able to pick-up til -said date- and I agreed to it.  And then, on top of that, I'm going to cause a bunch of shit in my shop thread about it and make the buyer look like a terrible person, trying to ruin their reputation because fuck them, they buy all the premades from my favorite artist and never let anyone else have a chance to buy one.  Then I'll delete it all so a mod doesn't see after I'm sure all of my customers have read it, and remove them from my blacklist because they have proof that shows they PM'd me and I agreed to it because I don't want to be made a fool of.

Ye, real specific because that's the type of bullshit I'm talking about. 100% legit reason to keep a blacklist.
Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:37 pm
I really respect that you've brought this up. I believe an artist has the right to decide who they do commissions for, but to publicly shame people...I'm not exactly enjoying that fact. I feel that those issues should be resolved between the Seller & Buyer. It should never become a public spectacle.
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:19 am
Well, a lot of the artists that seem to be well respected in the community don't even have blacklists, at least public ones.  It's usually someone who has issues with people often.  And they make it stand out from the rest of their shop so they're sure people notice it.

I'd expect you want people to notice your art so they'd buy it, not a list of people you're salty about.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 am
I agree completely, & to be completely honest, I don't think people really care who you're having a spat with when they're going to your shop to order art. I'm hoping they ban them.
Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:11 pm
so literally what you have an issue with is that the undercurrent of this forum tends to be a pissing contest
which
honestly
isn't going to change from the top down.

so yeah i stand by what i was saying earlier. it's a maturity issue, and while i agree that moderators/the forum should be involved when it turns into harassment, i don't really see how posting a list of people who aren't allowed to buy from you in your shop qualifies as harassment, so i don't see why we would ever enforce a blacklist ban as a rule.
if you're purchasing art and you're not responsible enough to deal with an artist in a timely manner, that's on your head.

as far as the potential for actual harassment goes, if you are having a problem with a person always screencap their posts. proof gets things done, not a bunch of mods having to waste time sending people warnings for expressing themselves in their own space.
Today at 6:11 pm
Page 1 of 1