Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
72%
 72% [ 44 ]
Remove Both
3%
 3% [ 2 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
18%
 18% [ 11 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
7%
 7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 61

Statistics

We have 18110 registered users
The newest registered user is Yaoivato

Our users have posted a total of 166590 messages in 2876 subjects

GASR Time

Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:48 am
Hello, I wanted to change my avatar name and I was planning to buy a name change token but then I realised that I have a pretty big amount of credits so why do I need to buy it with real money? So I thought about paying someone with credits to buy me the token and then someone said it's against imvu rules. I'm lost now. halp D:
Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:24 pm
Heyy, this isn't the place to ask this @Carnation , GASR isn't affiliated with IMVU in any way and, if anything, this should be at the help section .

Second, you can only purchase name change tokens with money since resellers are but a distant memory.

Unless you can find someone who wants credits and is willing to spend money for you, you have no choice but to spend your money. IMVU made it really hard to trade credits around, so its really a risk for you and for the person who choses to do this trade with you.
Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 pm
@Yeri Oh, I am sorry. Yes, I guess.. I feel mad about the new decisions that imvu makes. It seems like after like 10 years of resellers imvu finally decided that it's lowering the profit for them.. but it was so good! :c
Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:00 am
You're correct.  Not too long ago users were able to purchase name change tokens with credits from other users, regardless of how they actually received it.  (VIP, Purchased, Transfer, etc.)

People started using this as a way to scam people, though.  Since IMVU can't monitor user to user transactions like that outside of a 1 on 1 basis, they decided that it would no longer be allowed.

I'm not encouraging it, however, your situation is a half-legal way of doing it by having said person buy the nct from IMVU and have it sent to you as a gift.  Giving them credits afterward can be considered a thank you.  If you're gonna do it, might as well do it the safest way possible.

Advertising of buying/selling a nct can get your account disabled, remember that.

flower
Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:43 am
Yes. I think people who got scamed might be a little bit guilty themselves because it takes time to find a decent person to do that and if they sent money to someone who first said they can gift the token then it's obvious that they probably would get scamed. I know I could get disabled that's why I ask this here and not on the imvu forums :D
Page 1 of 1