Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504021 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:35 am
I'm also trying to understand better but some people have already asked so I'm waiting for a response
Knowing varsha and imvu it'll be extremely vague but oh well :)
Edit // if only sticker file sales are not allowed how will imvu tell? Because I could be using the stickers for many other things. I could be selling files offsite and tell people to buy the sticker for a badge donation or as support.
I feel like we're gonna have a lot of randomly disabled people then

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:05 am
I've read the thread a couple times and I've reached the conclusion this doesn't affect us. You can still accept stickers for art and transfer credits to pay for art. Just not product meshes and textures, besides that you're fine.
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:09 am
@Mar wrote:
I'm also trying to understand better but some people have already asked so I'm waiting for a response
Knowing varsha and imvu it'll be extremely vague but oh well :)
Edit // if only sticker file sales are not allowed how will imvu tell? Because I could be using the stickers for many other things. I could be selling files offsite and tell people to buy the sticker for a badge donation or as support.
I feel like we're gonna have a lot of randomly disabled people then

maybe they will send in spy for every mesh & texture selling group in & out of imvu, so guess pple should be using secret code now lol!i do wish pple don't ask imvu about that, that will give them idea to do another different rules...lol!
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:10 am
Varsha hasn't responded directly to any questions regarding artwork sales so I wouldn't claim anyone was fine until she does.  

Like Mar said, she won't answer and there isn't a way to know if someone bought a file vs a display picture, which is why they're all assuming that any kind of credit payments of the sort aren't allowed.

I'm really confused, too. The only people to try and answer so far are a couple of mods. I really don't want to shut down my forum if we can't accept credit payments.
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 am
@Bedlam; no files can be sold with credits or sticker payments. They want every creator to use the derivation chain systems.
Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:01 am
Yeah that's what I meant.
I just think they are reminding people that they can't use stickers to pay for meshes / textures because then IMVU has to pay people out and they clearly don't wanna do that (:

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:49 pm
From what I've been reading and trying to understand, I'm going to assume this doesn't affect direct transfers (which was what I used for my credit payments) so whoever used credits through transfer should be okay? Orrr did I get this all wrong

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:49 pm
No Mar that's what I understand as well.
I don't think they are allowing direct transfers for file sales because IMVU wants no part of file sales.
Art on the other hand is different since it has nothing to do with IMVU.

Although, I'm making the assumption here you cannot pay for art using stickers and get paid out.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 pm
^ Ye.

Now people are saying that if anyone sends an oddly high amount of credits or buys a sticker for an abnormally high amount, IMVU will check their accounts and if they feel like someone is abusing the system, they can permanently disable them without warning.

I honestly don't know what to believe at this point and Varsha is still being very vague as she updates the FAQs.  None of her answers are direct.  Gaf is the only one who is assuring that it doesn't affect direct transfers, but asked Varsha to clarify it further, and she hasn't.  (At least since the last time I checked the thread, but it's so hard to keep up in there.)

Some people are saying it won't affect people using it for art sales, but then other people are asking how they're going to determine whether or not a direct transfer of 45k is for a file or for a piece of art, same if it was done through purchasing a 45k profit sticker. I don't know how they're going to tell the difference either. If they're gonna disable people without warning, does that mean they don't have the option to prove what the transfer/sticker purchase was for?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:15 am
Yeah who even knows it seems random at this point.
I think if you're making too much $$ for IMVU's liking they'll probably do something about it.
But if it's less than $100 they won't bother.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:58 pm
There's still a lot of confusion.  

People are begging for answers regarding art and homepage sales and no one is answering them.  People are freaking out all over the forums and pulse.  

Majority of people are just saying do it at your own risk and don't be surprised if people start losing their accounts.  This is such a clusterfuck of vague information.  They're more worried about the "IMVU & Chill" event, which Varsha doesn't even know what that even references.  What a dumbass.
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:03 pm
Me: Directly asks about art sales
Varsha: I UPDATED THE FAQ!!!!!
Me: checks the updated FAQ
Me: sees nothing regarding art

to IMVU

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 pm
But okay, hold on, I got it.
Besides texture files sales or meshes, anything else can still be sold with credits through support stickers and transfers. This is what Varsha said afterwards ("this does not include non catalog sales"), so I THINK gasr is safe.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:29 am
Ye, I think as long as no one is sending lump sums of credits throughout the week, IMVU won't be like "I think they're abusing the system and selling files. AUTO BAN!!!"

They do that already, I just have a feeling they'll do it more often. They just kinda send an email like "hey you sent a lot of credits so prove that you are the owner of the account by verifying some info" and then send you on your way.

But I know people who have gotten themselves disabled because they don't remember the information they signed up with, which is what IMVU asks for. (Original email, all paypal addresses used if you ever made purchases, full name on the acc., etc.)

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:14 am
They've asked that information 2 times on the GASRforum account and literally the second time all the answers were in a previous help ticket :):):)))))

I'm totally not bitter about that.

Today at 3:14 pm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2