Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24663 registered users
The newest registered user is HelloViicky

Our users have posted a total of 1504849 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:06 am
already flagged this person and dmca'd some of the pieces i've found.
still working on a "how to take down art theft"(on gasr, imvu, deviantart and tumblr) kind of thread, so artists and non artists know what to do in these cases.
Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:58 pm
hi hi :/

I received a message via deviantart that someone named "Shiniya" is using my one of my sold Dp. Can someone please check cuz I can't view her/his page as i don't have the access pass :/
Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:09 pm
@Anika their page is blank, nothing showing there. Also cant find them through imvu search, you can try imvu-emporium but my virus scanner blocks that site for me.
Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:34 pm
@Capsule :: Oh lord your dp!.
I couldn't find this person via normal search as well, I thought it was probably due to the access pass. I just asked the person on DA, to provide me with some details of the theft. Still waiting for reply. :/
Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:59 am
That person has changed their username to Saxophine and is now selling saxophonias art \( ̄<  ̄)>
Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:58 am
@Nightmare wrote:
That person has changed their username to Saxophine and is now selling saxophonias art \( ̄<  ̄)>
LMFAO omg... some people go to such lengths to be fraudulent what the hell..
Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:46 pm
@saxophonia

http://nl.imvu.com/photos/album/102045045/198936477/page-4/

She indeed changed her name to saxophine, i suggest you dmca her album and her account, it might be possible for the dmca to take her down.
These people disgust me so bad. Feeding off of other people's work... horrible.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:29 am
@Capsule I just saw this omg. How do you actually dmca an imvu album my first attempt was not so successful because they were asking for product catalog when in fact I wasn't reporting about imvu products.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:08 am
This thread is old af but Valeen@Imvu uses This dp in her layout previews quite often

This is her shop (Located in the group Enjis art Lounge )

This one belongs to someone on gasr - I remember seeing it in her examples..

This appears to be an image found on google/insta/fb/twitter with a lil filter on it..

I reconise the names on these of other gasr peoples names <-- Link

I reconize more but I dont know who they belong to..
Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:05 am
@Veieiia Im pretty sure the one she's using in the layouts (saxo text) is by @Tell o;
Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:31 am
@Lawl

I thought so too but who knows xD Ive seen it float around gasr somewhere but I dont remember .-.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:18 am
@VeIeIIa Pretty much almost all dps in that album are from @saxophonia, except for that filtered one, the Rihanna drawing was also made by @saxophonia

I already pmed saxophonia just now and she's gonna try to dmca the whole album if possible, and i also want to give everyone else a tip if you ever get into this situation.
Even though some people hate watermarks, it's best to put your own imvu / gasr / instagram or artist name on it to prevent others from using your work as examples. So for example " made by capsule@gasr " or " made by capsule @ imvu" (most theft happens on imvu or instagram).

On this example i used instagram, gasr and imvu (depending on where you will sell or use the images)
I'm going to be doing this from now on as it also happened to me in the past, and this makes it easier for others to contact YOU as an artist incase they see the image somewhere it does not belong. And makes it easier for customers to find the real artist of the image as well.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:42 am
@Capsule do you overlay white text to make it look so faded? I've seen watermarks look too clunky/visible but yours looks great.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:05 am
@Lawl

Personally when I watermark I use Overlay and a 5-30% Opacity depending on the color scheme in the dp.. I try to make it as transparent as possible but just enough its still readable

@Capsule
Should I make a watermarking tutorial for those who dont know how? I wanna help the art community cause it frustrates me seeing art theft .-.

-Sudden reminder to watermark an album of forgotten watermarkings XD-
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:42 am
@Lawl I made it white with black outlining, sharpened it and used no layer effects and only changed the opacity. As VeIeIIa said it depends on the color scheme.

@VeIeIIa Definitely if you want to do that then please go ahead. It would help so many people. If something gets in your way and you happen not to be able to create a guide for it then i'm up for it.
Today at 2:14 am
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next