Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25443 registered users
The newest registered user is kobraz

Our users have posted a total of 1536878 messages in 29661 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:06 am
already flagged this person and dmca'd some of the pieces i've found.
still working on a "how to take down art theft"(on gasr, imvu, deviantart and tumblr) kind of thread, so artists and non artists know what to do in these cases.
Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:58 pm
hi hi :/

I received a message via deviantart that someone named "Shiniya" is using my one of my sold Dp. Can someone please check cuz I can't view her/his page as i don't have the access pass :/
Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:09 pm
@Anika their page is blank, nothing showing there. Also cant find them through imvu search, you can try imvu-emporium but my virus scanner blocks that site for me.
Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:34 pm
@Capsule :: Oh lord your dp!.
I couldn't find this person via normal search as well, I thought it was probably due to the access pass. I just asked the person on DA, to provide me with some details of the theft. Still waiting for reply. :/
Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:59 am
That person has changed their username to Saxophine and is now selling saxophonias art \( ̄<  ̄)>
Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:58 am
@Nightmare wrote:
That person has changed their username to Saxophine and is now selling saxophonias art \( ̄<  ̄)>
LMFAO omg... some people go to such lengths to be fraudulent what the hell..
Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:46 pm
@saxophonia

http://nl.imvu.com/photos/album/102045045/198936477/page-4/

She indeed changed her name to saxophine, i suggest you dmca her album and her account, it might be possible for the dmca to take her down.
These people disgust me so bad. Feeding off of other people's work... horrible.
Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 pm
@Capsule I just saw this omg. How do you actually dmca an imvu album my first attempt was not so successful because they were asking for product catalog when in fact I wasn't reporting about imvu products.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:08 am
This thread is old af but Valeen@Imvu uses This dp in her layout previews quite often

This is her shop (Located in the group Enjis art Lounge )

This one belongs to someone on gasr - I remember seeing it in her examples..

This appears to be an image found on google/insta/fb/twitter with a lil filter on it..

I reconise the names on these of other gasr peoples names <-- Link

I reconize more but I dont know who they belong to..
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:05 am
@Veieiia Im pretty sure the one she's using in the layouts (saxo text) is by @Tell o;
Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:31 am
@Lawl

I thought so too but who knows xD Ive seen it float around gasr somewhere but I dont remember .-.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:18 am
@VeIeIIa Pretty much almost all dps in that album are from @saxophonia, except for that filtered one, the Rihanna drawing was also made by @saxophonia

I already pmed saxophonia just now and she's gonna try to dmca the whole album if possible, and i also want to give everyone else a tip if you ever get into this situation.
Even though some people hate watermarks, it's best to put your own imvu / gasr / instagram or artist name on it to prevent others from using your work as examples. So for example " made by capsule@gasr " or " made by capsule @ imvu" (most theft happens on imvu or instagram).

On this example i used instagram, gasr and imvu (depending on where you will sell or use the images)
I'm going to be doing this from now on as it also happened to me in the past, and this makes it easier for others to contact YOU as an artist incase they see the image somewhere it does not belong. And makes it easier for customers to find the real artist of the image as well.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:42 am
@Capsule do you overlay white text to make it look so faded? I've seen watermarks look too clunky/visible but yours looks great.
Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:05 am
@Lawl

Personally when I watermark I use Overlay and a 5-30% Opacity depending on the color scheme in the dp.. I try to make it as transparent as possible but just enough its still readable

@Capsule
Should I make a watermarking tutorial for those who dont know how? I wanna help the art community cause it frustrates me seeing art theft .-.

-Sudden reminder to watermark an album of forgotten watermarkings XD-
Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:42 am
@Lawl I made it white with black outlining, sharpened it and used no layer effects and only changed the opacity. As VeIeIIa said it depends on the color scheme.

@VeIeIIa Definitely if you want to do that then please go ahead. It would help so many people. If something gets in your way and you happen not to be able to create a guide for it then i'm up for it.
Today at 11:12 pm
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next