Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Moving GASR / New Features & Suggestions
April 26, 2017 #discussion

After a discussion between you guys and the staff, we've decided on moving GASR to its own private server. We are leaving the discussion thread up so you guys can continue to provide feedback, suggestions, and new features for the new forum. Click here for more information!

Space Day Celebration
April 17, 2017 #contest

Welcome to GASR's first ever Space Day event! Serenity has put together this brand new occasion to share with you all. Click here to participate!

Broken Profile Tables
April 12, 2017 #forum

Mar came across an issue where some of the member profile tables were broken. Click here to see if it effected you and how to fix it.

GASR Magazine Application
Mar 28, 2017 #announcement

Due to the changes of the mod staff, the first issue was pushed back and will be release in the Summer as the first edition. We are now looking for more members to fill in the empty positions and help us bring this magazine to life. click here for further information.

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Artist of the Moment

ISOW

Visit my shop View my bio

Hello everyone, I'm Soraia, I'm 22 years old and I'm working on a coffee shop. I really like to do some art and to be in GASR, but I think I still didn't find my style yet, hope you guys can help me with that! I actually started doing some art at 19 years, and I hope I can continue with that!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
Do you think GASR should move to its own private server?
Yes
51%
 51% [ 223 ]
No
14%
 14% [ 60 ]
Not Now
4%
 4% [ 18 ]
Not Sure
16%
 16% [ 68 ]
Don't Care if We Stay or Go
15%
 15% [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 434

Statistics

We have 18231 registered users
The newest registered user is ackleshol

Our users have posted a total of 187418 messages in 3061 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:06 pm
already flagged this person and dmca'd some of the pieces i've found.
still working on a "how to take down art theft"(on gasr, imvu, deviantart and tumblr) kind of thread, so artists and non artists know what to do in these cases.
Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:58 am
hi hi :/

I received a message via deviantart that someone named "Shiniya" is using my one of my sold Dp. Can someone please check cuz I can't view her/his page as i don't have the access pass :/
Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:09 am
@Anika their page is blank, nothing showing there. Also cant find them through imvu search, you can try imvu-emporium but my virus scanner blocks that site for me.
Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:34 am
@Capsule :: Oh lord your dp!.
I couldn't find this person via normal search as well, I thought it was probably due to the access pass. I just asked the person on DA, to provide me with some details of the theft. Still waiting for reply. :/
Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:59 pm
That person has changed their username to Saxophine and is now selling saxophonias art \( ̄<  ̄)>
Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:58 pm
@Nightmare wrote:
That person has changed their username to Saxophine and is now selling saxophonias art \( ̄<  ̄)>
LMFAO omg... some people go to such lengths to be fraudulent what the hell..
Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:46 am
@saxophonia

http://nl.imvu.com/photos/album/102045045/198936477/page-4/

She indeed changed her name to saxophine, i suggest you dmca her album and her account, it might be possible for the dmca to take her down.
These people disgust me so bad. Feeding off of other people's work... horrible.
Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:29 pm
@Capsule I just saw this omg. How do you actually dmca an imvu album my first attempt was not so successful because they were asking for product catalog when in fact I wasn't reporting about imvu products.
Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:08 pm
This thread is old af but Valeen@Imvu uses This dp in her layout previews quite often

This is her shop (Located in the group Enjis art Lounge )

This one belongs to someone on gasr - I remember seeing it in her examples..

This appears to be an image found on google/insta/fb/twitter with a lil filter on it..

I reconise the names on these of other gasr peoples names <-- Link

I reconize more but I dont know who they belong to..
Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 pm
@Veieiia Im pretty sure the one she's using in the layouts (saxo text) is by @Tell o;
Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:31 pm
@Lawl

I thought so too but who knows xD Ive seen it float around gasr somewhere but I dont remember .-.
Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:18 pm
@VeIeIIa Pretty much almost all dps in that album are from @saxophonia, except for that filtered one, the Rihanna drawing was also made by @saxophonia

I already pmed saxophonia just now and she's gonna try to dmca the whole album if possible, and i also want to give everyone else a tip if you ever get into this situation.
Even though some people hate watermarks, it's best to put your own imvu / gasr / instagram or artist name on it to prevent others from using your work as examples. So for example " made by capsule@gasr " or " made by capsule @ imvu" (most theft happens on imvu or instagram).

On this example i used instagram, gasr and imvu (depending on where you will sell or use the images)
I'm going to be doing this from now on as it also happened to me in the past, and this makes it easier for others to contact YOU as an artist incase they see the image somewhere it does not belong. And makes it easier for customers to find the real artist of the image as well.
Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:42 pm
@Capsule do you overlay white text to make it look so faded? I've seen watermarks look too clunky/visible but yours looks great.
Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:05 pm
@Lawl

Personally when I watermark I use Overlay and a 5-30% Opacity depending on the color scheme in the dp.. I try to make it as transparent as possible but just enough its still readable

@Capsule
Should I make a watermarking tutorial for those who dont know how? I wanna help the art community cause it frustrates me seeing art theft .-.

-Sudden reminder to watermark an album of forgotten watermarkings XD-
Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:42 pm
@Lawl I made it white with black outlining, sharpened it and used no layer effects and only changed the opacity. As VeIeIIa said it depends on the color scheme.

@VeIeIIa Definitely if you want to do that then please go ahead. It would help so many people. If something gets in your way and you happen not to be able to create a guide for it then i'm up for it.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next