Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #contest

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Artist of the Moment

SAFFIRE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi everyone! I'm currently in my last year of university, graduating in May next year! I love art and I've tried my hand at various things such as drawing anime/chibis/doodles but it seems like I'm better at doing pixel art, so I've stuck with that since. I'm self-taught, so I'm still experimenting around with different styles. I've been running an active shop for over a year with a few hiatuses in between. I love GASR as it has a great community where I can interact with fellow artists and art lovers :) I've made many friends here over the years and I hope that continues for a long time to come!

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25429 registered users
The newest registered user is ughsobs

Our users have posted a total of 1536175 messages in 29653 subjects

GASR Time

Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:16 am
Hi, I'm sorry if this topic is such a boob or something but I really need help with setting up a paypal account. I have a few questions that I can't find an answer too. I tried reading everything there is to know with Paypal, but I'm still kind of confused.

1. I'm from the Philippines, is it okay if I make a paypal account on paypal.com/ph rather than making one on paypal.com/us? For some reason the sign up page is different for both.
  2. If I do make a ph account, it is still possible for other people to send me $$, right? Will that change to my currency depending on my bank?

Sorry for the noobness, I have more questions... I just don't know how to ask them. (haha, that was dumb but okay)

edit;

DIFFERENCE : US | PH
Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:58 pm
Hello, @Marielle

I'm pretty sure you can create a paypal account using a ph paypal.

Here is a source
Quote :
That’s right. PayPal’s official website now shows the Philippines as a Send-Receive-Withdraw country, meaning PayPal Philippines account holders can send AND receive payments, AND also withdraw funds to a bank account in the US or to a credit, debit or prepaid card.

Site: Source

Also on the actual Paypal site; when you click to currency tab; it does show PHP. Paypal converts from whichever country currency to whatever currency the sender is sending to.

>.<..Hope that helps.

Edit: I see your examples, but I'm pretty sure all Paypal sign-ups are the same with basic information. No matter if the site layout looks different.

○Cleaning up your shop and removing spam or inappropriate comments
○Deleting the poll from your shop
○Retrieving your shop after it has been accidentally deleted
○Reporting a shop that contains images that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work) or not PSE-friendly
○Reporting a shop that offers a service that is not allowed on GASR
○Questions regarding GASR forum rules
Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:54 am
You can sign up using the PH one, and yes, people can still send you money if PayPal has you greenlit, which reading that snippet states that you can. Just set your account to receive money. (Since I see that's one of your options.)

If people send you money, regardless of the type of currency, PayPal will automatically convert it for you, if that's what you're worried about.  And if you send money to someone else, they'll convert it to whatever currency they prefer before you send it as well.

PayPal is pretty OP.
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:15 am
Thank you so much guys! Okay, more confident in setting up a paypal account. :)
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:24 am
Okay, so I'm trying to sign up right now, what should I place here? It's mandatory, apparently.

i feel so dumb, i'm sorry guys
Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:10 pm
I would assume it means you type in the same name you have your bank account registered/opened to.

Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:34 pm
Idk but... did you register pp as your personal or as busnisses?

(Commissions)
"Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot"

Pixel by Katie
Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:01 pm
@Moose; I'll try that, thank you! I think that's what you really put. Ahah

@Mattie it just gives me these two options click
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:04 pm
Your link isn't working above.  ^

Also, the business name is for your business, not your bank.  It looks like you're singing up for
a business account, not a personal account.

Okay I had to put it in image tags to see it better.

Go back and sign up using the "Buy with PayPal" option.  That must be the personal account.
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:37 pm
@Queen will I be able to receive payments if I do choose that?
Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:40 pm
Yes.

I use a personal PayPal myself and I've been receiving payments since 2011.
Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:39 pm
@Queen thank you so much! <3 I'll go try it out
Today at 4:50 pm
Page 1 of 1