Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504698 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:38 am
I'm having a problem trying to use the forum on my Macbook Pro.
I don't know if this is a problem other people are facing or not, but I thought I'd post to see if I could at least get help fixing it if it ends up only being me dealing with it.
Okay so I tried to go to gasrforum on safari on my Macbook Pro. The page wouldn't load at all? You could tell that it was trying to load, but it didn't take me anywhere. The pop-up for new inbox messages came up so I know something went through?? I don't know. Anyway, I tried once more - closed the tab and opened a new one - but it still didn't work so I checked "http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/" to see if the site was down, but it wasn't. I then tried to pull up gasrforum on my iPhone 6 (*note* I do know forumotion isn't geared towards mobiles, but it usually works fine for me) and it actually loaded the home page this time, but trying to go anywhere from that was useless. Next I tried on my iPad Air and still no go.
So at that point, I decided to clear my cache on my Macbook Pro, check for updates, and restart the laptop. I did all of that and it still didn't work. I also did the same for my iPhone 6 and iPad Air to no avail.
#frustration
Finally it dawned on me that each scenario involved me using Safari so I decided to get on my HP and see if Firefox would work.
It did! granted there is a bit of stall when browsing the forum, but at least I can use it. I'm going to assume that safari - or maybe just my safari - is not liking the new changes being added to the forum? or it's "too heavy"? or I'm missing an extension or whatever? I honestly don't know. D:

I believe all my stuff is up to date so I'm not sure why safari won't load. Any help would be most appreciated.
.gif showing what it looks like.
^ it's loading a bit more than before in this .gif. it used to only show a blank white page

oh and I'll throw in a .gif of how the forum looked in firefox before I cleared my cache on my HP just because I thought I had broken something.
click.

Edit:
I went to edit this post to add something and click. I don't know.
Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:45 am
@Kia wrote:

oh and I'll throw in a .gif of how the forum looked in firefox before I cleared my cache on my HP just because I thought I had broken something.
click.

Edit:
I went to edit this post to add something and click. I don't know.  

LOL SORRY, THAT'S ACTUALLY ME TRYING TO MOVE SCRIPTS AROUND AND ACCIDENTALLY BREAKING THE SITE.

I'm trying to rearrange the markup of the site to quicken the loading time, but sometimes the ordering of the scripts isn't liked by Forumotion, so it just says nope. I think the site is loading a little faster now, though?

Idk about the Safari thing cause I don't use Apple stuff. I might check on my mom's iPhone tonight to see how the site appears.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:59 am
also have a macbook pro so i thought i'd comment :) personally i use google chrome as my default browser, and gasr loads perfectly on here. for your sake, i attempted this with safari. i got to the homepage without a problem surprisingly! BUT it was after i tried to login that the page wouldn't load
closed safari > opened again > went back to gasr
didn't load:

i'm guessing gasr is just one of those sites that isn't too compatible with safari?? (as are many others unfortunately)
i'd recommend chrome, or firefox if that works for you. sorry i couldn't help but i thought i'd let ya know it's not just you!
Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:14 am
@Diabolus: LOL. It's fine, Jen. at least now I know it wasn't something I did.
This is what I meant by the little stall. That could solely be on my end so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you get complaints.

@Psych: yeah. it wasn't doing this before Jen moved around the scripts so I'm going to assume something changed that safari wanted to nope out of? sucks that I have to get a new browser just to view one site, dough, but I'll look into getting firefox (or chrome). no worries about not being able to solve this for me. at least I know it's not just me.
Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:40 am
^ i know what you mean Kia
i'm using chrome.
and its slow still.
and mine glitches and has the side bar on the other side too.
but then when it loads it goes back to normal till i have to go to another page..

also cleaning out my Notifications aren't working...they just grow and i cant "x" them out...they stay there...
Lazy tear puddle
coding a site looks alot harder than others say..
Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:59 am
The slow loading problem has been fixed, so GASR should be fast loading again for all browsers, including Safari. The problem wasn't the menu itself, it was the "Welcome back _____" line that was causing the issue. I deleted it from the menu and the pages have been loading quickly ever since. Plus, it allowed the chatbox link to reappear in the toolbar.

I spent hours thinking that it was a bigger problem, BUT IT WAS JUST ONE TINY CODE. OF ALL THINGS!!!

I haven't been able to pin point the problem that causes the red X's to be unclickable in the notifications menu. I'll have to leave this for another day.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:02 am
^ yes yes thank you so much its working lovely again <3 now i can enjoy this new layout flower

also wow "BUT IT WAS JUST ONE TINY CODE. OF ALL THINGS!"
something how little things can be the most of all things the things can be sneaky.
but i'm glad you got to fix it without any stress in all honesty.
:) i thank you so much :D

also yeah i wonder why as well but i have find out the other way so ^^ its no problem just like
"Krist" its much more helpful to have things clean/organized for yourself :)
tho i love the new layout everything i handy in that little side bar :)

Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:30 pm
I'm not really sure if the problem is related but I can't open links on my phone (iPhone 4) anymore, like you described it looks like its trying to load but not actually loading. Other websites work fine and GASR works fine on my computer D;

Although, I haven't attempted it today so it could be fixed.
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:12 am
Thank you Jen! now I can view gasrforum on all my apple devices again Tim Cook is pleased.
The stall is also gone.

@Pey: Not able to open links like the gyazo ones I linked in my first post? If so, then I just tried to open my links via my iPhone 6 and they opened up in a new tab like normal so I'm not sure what's causing that issue for you. ;x; Maybe Jen can provide more help to you on that.

*unless you figured it out yourself, thus making this part of my message invalid* x3
Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:22 pm
@Pey I don't know if I can really help you because I don't have an iPhone, so I can't check things. Is the problem still occurring?

Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:30 pm
@Diabolus
Completely forgot that I posted here. It's working all fine again now, thanks! Although the page jumps around a little bit, I think it's because of the new sidebar, but it's still use-able and not really that much of a problem.
Today at 6:12 pm
Page 1 of 1