Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24597 registered users
The newest registered user is Tokins

Our users have posted a total of 1501411 messages in 29060 subjects

GASR Time

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:43 am
So, I just got a mac book pro for college. And well, my old laptop was a PC. What free drawing programs are out there for mac than have pen sensitivity. I really loved paint tool sai. And it seems really difficult to get it to work on the mac with pen sensitivity. Can someone please help? I don't want to have to haul my pc laptop too college with me as well just to work on artwork. I may teach myself how to draw using photoshop, but I want a free version of that as well. I'm a college student, I'm cheap and have no budget for things like this.
Thanks.
Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:49 pm
Your best bet would to just go for photoshop. A quick internet search should give you plenty of options and directions to get it for free.

Sai is indeed a major pain in the ass to get to work properly on Mac. There are lesser known programs that you can get on Mac for free or for a price as well, like art board and whatnot, but I'm not an expert on what can or cannot work with the system. Most people tend to go with photoshop.
Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:24 am
idk ive had a mac for a few years now and photoshop is really the only thing ive found aside from like corel draw, erm and even the Corel programs are more windows based. Sai just ended up having a TON of errors and other problems with it. It'd doable if you are up for the maintenance or want to buy programs the let you run windows on your mac. Your best bet is probably learn to draw with photoshop and illustrator. If you google though you'll probably find stuff like artboard and sketch book. I couldn't really tell you either way about those. I wish you luck :)
Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:15 am
if you want a program that's free, then your best choice would probably be photoshop
like Queen said, there are some websites that teach you how to get it for free
or ask around your friend group and whatnot cause chances are someone might have the free file/code, cause that's how i got mine

there's also like GIMP tho i don't use it so i can't tell you much about it ;u;
and FireAlpaca which is completely free but very limited tools

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:30 pm
If you have an old tablet, the pressure sensing won't work w/ it with a mac.

Photoshop is literally the best choice or you could go with corel painter.
Both cost money but you can find online for free.

There are lots of drawing apps for the mac, but most of them cost $ to buy and there are no free versions online of those (cause they are relatively small programs) nor are they as powerful as photoshop but they are a cheaper alternative if you actually are willing to spend money.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:27 am
I've been drawing with this new program It's free and it works okay maybe you could try it out ^^

It's called MediBang Pant! Only thing is, it is a bit limited on brushes and tools but I still think it works nice, it's a close relative to FireAlpaca in my opinion. However Photoshop is still the best option! (In my opinion!!)

x
Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:24 am
Thank you everyone. :)
Today at 3:16 pm
Page 1 of 1