Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
70%
 70% [ 57 ]
Remove Both
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
20%
 20% [ 16 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
5%
 5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 81

Statistics

We have 18111 registered users
The newest registered user is Nimesh

Our users have posted a total of 168330 messages in 2916 subjects

GASR Time

Tue 14 Jul - 11:28
I just got my very first drawing tablet yesterday, Wacome Intuos Small, and I was planning on installing Paint Tool Sai. When I went to google it to find it all that was popping up were places to buy it. Is it not free? O.O Because I was pretty sure it was free... If it is indeed not free is there a program out there that is free that I can use? I currently have GIMP, but I didn't know if that worked well with tablets...
Tue 14 Jul - 11:41
Weeeell, SAI isn't exactly free but many people find places where you can download it for free- kinda like Photoshop, which costs $$$ but people find links and/or ways to get it for free.

Either way, some good programs include:
-Gimp (I think there are settings that can be changed to fit a tablet)
-Krita
-Inkscape Illustrator
-MyPaint
-PictBear

I suggest getting SAI though... Haven't tried any of them other than PS and Gimp which I used for a day, SAI is by far my best personally

If you have a deeper look around for a free version of SAI or just buy it instead- it's so much cheaper than other programs and does a LOT- you'll be alright.
Tue 14 Jul - 11:43
Yeah there is free versions, but they're cracked and can sometimes have virus', SAI is great imo, if you can buy it totally go for it it's relatively cheap and worth the money. Or you could always ask a friend who has bought SAI if they'd be willing to lend you their serial code/number.

Otherwise you could always opt. out for
- http://firealpaca.com/en
- http://drawpile.net/download/ (even though it's like iscribble it still has a lot of cool tools + pen pressure and you don't have to draw w/others)
- https://krita.org/download/krita-desktop/
- http://mypaint.intilinux.com/

And I'm sure there's a ton of other programs you could try out as well

Goodluck finding a program that you like!
Tue 14 Jul - 11:46
Seeing as I don't have the money to buy Sai, just spent it all on the tablet, I will have to test around to find one I like x.x

Thank you both for the help! ^.^
Wed 15 Jul - 16:19
I'm also on the Sai train.  I've never used any other program for drawing.
(I tried photoshop once but I tend to only use that for animations and other
stuff.)

There are some artists on dA that will give cracked versions of sai away with tons of
custom brushes that they've made and whatnot already included.  that's how I got mine
and I've had it for a few years now without issues.  shouldn't be hard to find one with a
quick search.  ( I don't remember who I got mine from, sorry. D: )

A lot of people love Sai for the one thing.  /had to open up the program to find the word.
The stabilizers.  It helps keep your lines and stuff smooth.  I don't use them, because I
never knew what it was for and kept it at 0, and i'm a dumbass for that, but I mean IF YOU
NEED HELP keeping smooth lines, that's a good feature for you.

I hear GIMP is pretty good if you're willing to play with the settings often until you get it
just right, but I don't have much experience with it.  I briefly used it back in 2009 for
animations and switched to photoshop soon after.

flower
Page 1 of 1