Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24597 registered users
The newest registered user is Tokins

Our users have posted a total of 1501411 messages in 29060 subjects

GASR Time

Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 0:09
Hey guys, So lately ive opened up a shop and ive been getting lots of orders with two different kinds of animations. I use Photoshop CS6 for my animations and Paint tool sai for my painting. I was wondering how i can merge two different types of animations into one picture?

For example:

Someone orders a dp with blinking with twinkling eyes or blinking with something else such as a custom animation. How will i make both animations at the right speed and time?

id appreciate if someone could help!
Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 0:21
I do them separately, like first twinkling then blink and basically just repeat
e.g.

unless if you mean like the layering and frames etcetera how to set that up? I could help you with that too, or like at least tell you how I do it.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 0:49
@Krist ; yea! Thats what i mean with the layers and framing, id appreciate if youd try and help c:
Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 1:08
You basically just have to draw it out. So make a time for each frame and then adjust the image accordingly.

There's no way (I know of) to split the animations.

Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 1:34
@Bedlam ; The other day when ive tried twinkling with blinking, the twinkling was at a frame time of .1 secs since its twinkling, but when i add blinking to the timeline its wayy too fast and it looks weird when the twinkling just stops. Im tryna figure out how to keep it twinkling until the eyes are on the second frame of the blinking without her looking as if she has something in her eyes xD
Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 1:36
Oh yeah uh photoshop is a bit different when you do animation.
I always had issues with that; you may want to delete the animation and add the blinking seperately on the animations layer and then do it again.

Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 1:46
Im kinda confused when you say adding the blinking separately onto the animation layer.. how would i do that exactly? ;-; sorry im kinda slow atm! lol
Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 1:49
Before I get into this, I'm just gonna let you know that I'm generally a pretty lazy animator so I try to basically always do the minimal amount of frames/layers that I possibly can and I'm also not down with the cool kids and their tweening/onion skinning animations. So yeah, let's get to it aye! Since I'm basic af when it comes to this hopefully it's easy for you to understand too

Ok, so using that same pic for ex., basically what I do is after I create the main piece and move on to the animations, I make a separate folder for my blinking frames/layers.

Then, I make a separate layer for my sparkling/twinkling and I just adjust the opacity per frame (this way I don't have to clog up my frames/layers w/making all these separate twinkles)

e.g. the layers I used for this piece

when I do regular blinking animations I usually keep it to a minimum of 4 layers, 'h' stands for half and 'c' stands for closed, those are just my ways of easily identifying my layers. 'h2' is just a copy layer of 'h'. And the sparkle layer is for the sparkle.

This DP had 12 frames total, the first frame is just the blank non-animated frame (just the base frame)
[ time set to 1 second ]

The next 8 frames are the sparkling frames where I gradually adjusted the opacity of the 'sparkle' layer. (basically went 15% > 25% > 50% > 75% > 100% > 65% > 35% > 10%, I don't always follow this, but it's just to give you a rough idea of how I scale up/down with the sparkle)
[ time set for all of these = 0 seconds/no delay, except for the layer with 100% opacity which is set to .1 second )

After that I move on to the blinking frames, which is pretty self-explanatory
[ time for these .1 second ]

and I set the animation repeater to "Forever" :^ )
then save for web and donezo, lmk if you need clarification on anything!

@Flix wrote:

Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 2:00
oo okay!! yayyy! this makes so much sense xD Now what if it were something like twinkling and a animated text of some sort like a bouncy text?
Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 2:09
Depending on the amount of layers you have for your text just rotate them with the twinkling, unless if you're okay running your animations at different times.

The only thing is if you run them with your twinkling and you set your twinkles time to 0/no delay it might be too fast for the bouncing text, so if you do this just adjust your opacity for thw twinkling as you normally would but like say for every 2-3 twinkle frames you leave a bouncing text layer on them before switching to another. Do you get what I'm saying? It's kind of confusing written down so it might take you a couple re-reads but if not I can demonstrate again with another of my pieces to give you a visual example of what I'm talking about.

Really just play around with it and experiment, it's what I did and what I still do :^ )

@Flix wrote:

Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 2:12
Okay yea that makes sense!! Thanks so so much. Could you possibly lock this thread for me? :D
Sun 12 Jul 2015 - 2:26
Whew! Glad it did, goodluck on your animating ventures friend!
Locking it for you rn

@Flix wrote:

Today at 6:13
Page 1 of 1