Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
70%
 70% [ 48 ]
Remove Both
4%
 4% [ 3 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
20%
 20% [ 14 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
6%
 6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 69

Statistics

We have 18108 registered users
The newest registered user is LoveLacey

Our users have posted a total of 167237 messages in 2896 subjects

GASR Time

Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:09 am
Hey guys, So lately ive opened up a shop and ive been getting lots of orders with two different kinds of animations. I use Photoshop CS6 for my animations and Paint tool sai for my painting. I was wondering how i can merge two different types of animations into one picture?

For example:

Someone orders a dp with blinking with twinkling eyes or blinking with something else such as a custom animation. How will i make both animations at the right speed and time?

id appreciate if someone could help!
Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:21 am
I do them separately, like first twinkling then blink and basically just repeat
e.g.

unless if you mean like the layering and frames etcetera how to set that up? I could help you with that too, or like at least tell you how I do it.
Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:49 am
@Krist ; yea! Thats what i mean with the layers and framing, id appreciate if youd try and help c:
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:08 am
You basically just have to draw it out. So make a time for each frame and then adjust the image accordingly.

There's no way (I know of) to split the animations.
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 am
@Bedlam ; The other day when ive tried twinkling with blinking, the twinkling was at a frame time of .1 secs since its twinkling, but when i add blinking to the timeline its wayy too fast and it looks weird when the twinkling just stops. Im tryna figure out how to keep it twinkling until the eyes are on the second frame of the blinking without her looking as if she has something in her eyes xD
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:36 am
Oh yeah uh photoshop is a bit different when you do animation.
I always had issues with that; you may want to delete the animation and add the blinking seperately on the animations layer and then do it again.
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:46 am
Im kinda confused when you say adding the blinking separately onto the animation layer.. how would i do that exactly? ;-; sorry im kinda slow atm! lol
Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:49 am
Before I get into this, I'm just gonna let you know that I'm generally a pretty lazy animator so I try to basically always do the minimal amount of frames/layers that I possibly can and I'm also not down with the cool kids and their tweening/onion skinning animations. So yeah, let's get to it aye! Since I'm basic af when it comes to this hopefully it's easy for you to understand too

Ok, so using that same pic for ex., basically what I do is after I create the main piece and move on to the animations, I make a separate folder for my blinking frames/layers.

Then, I make a separate layer for my sparkling/twinkling and I just adjust the opacity per frame (this way I don't have to clog up my frames/layers w/making all these separate twinkles)

e.g. the layers I used for this piece

when I do regular blinking animations I usually keep it to a minimum of 4 layers, 'h' stands for half and 'c' stands for closed, those are just my ways of easily identifying my layers. 'h2' is just a copy layer of 'h'. And the sparkle layer is for the sparkle.

This DP had 12 frames total, the first frame is just the blank non-animated frame (just the base frame)
[ time set to 1 second ]

The next 8 frames are the sparkling frames where I gradually adjusted the opacity of the 'sparkle' layer. (basically went 15% > 25% > 50% > 75% > 100% > 65% > 35% > 10%, I don't always follow this, but it's just to give you a rough idea of how I scale up/down with the sparkle)
[ time set for all of these = 0 seconds/no delay, except for the layer with 100% opacity which is set to .1 second )

After that I move on to the blinking frames, which is pretty self-explanatory
[ time for these .1 second ]

and I set the animation repeater to "Forever" :^ )
then save for web and donezo, lmk if you need clarification on anything!
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:00 am
oo okay!! yayyy! this makes so much sense xD Now what if it were something like twinkling and a animated text of some sort like a bouncy text?
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:09 am
Depending on the amount of layers you have for your text just rotate them with the twinkling, unless if you're okay running your animations at different times.

The only thing is if you run them with your twinkling and you set your twinkles time to 0/no delay it might be too fast for the bouncing text, so if you do this just adjust your opacity for thw twinkling as you normally would but like say for every 2-3 twinkle frames you leave a bouncing text layer on them before switching to another. Do you get what I'm saying? It's kind of confusing written down so it might take you a couple re-reads but if not I can demonstrate again with another of my pieces to give you a visual example of what I'm talking about.

Really just play around with it and experiment, it's what I did and what I still do :^ )
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:12 am
Okay yea that makes sense!! Thanks so so much. Could you possibly lock this thread for me? :D
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:26 am
Whew! Glad it did, goodluck on your animating ventures friend!
Locking it for you rn
Page 1 of 1