Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24660 registered users
The newest registered user is LGdsKivaaraKurosaki

Our users have posted a total of 1504692 messages in 29121 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:51 pm
ah, i don't know if this has already been suggested, but i really love the new heart liking system, it's cute and simple. but i don't know if it's just me, but there's this huge gap now between the post and the signature that i find a bit bothersome. i'm not sure if it's because of the like button, but i'm pretty sure the gap wasn't this big before. is there any way to make it smaller?

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:46 pm
@Doll wrote:
ah, i don't know if this has already been suggested, but i really love the new heart liking system, it's cute and simple. but i don't know if it's just me, but there's this huge gap now between the post and the signature that i find a bit bothersome. i'm not sure if it's because of the like button, but i'm pretty sure the gap wasn't this big before. is there any way to make it smaller?

I spoke to Jen and she implemented this to make the signature more separate from the actual post, as the line before the signature was quite far up.

As for changing the distance, I don't think you can do that.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:57 pm
@Krist wrote:
@Luca wrote:
what if people post pictures of themselves or thier art and get no responces in likes end up feeling shut out and just end up losing confidence and give up?

Not to be like... "mean"... or shoot you down mate, but if you're reliant on likes to boost your self confidence, hunty you need to learn how to love ya'self, you don't need to seek others approval etc. in order to be comfortable in ya own skin and in your work, do it for you not for them.

Honestly, this thing will only turn out to be a "popularity contest" if you guys make it out to be that way, naturally if you think of the worst and expect the worst, that's what you're gonna get. So.. like it's only been a few hours, give it a chance. You don't even have to look at it or use it if you don't want to, so there's no reason for you to feel obligated to do so.

I'm pretty indifferent with this change altogether though, if we keep it/scrap it, cool, just don't antagonize it from the get-go. Like on the flipside Tino did take out the dislike option, it's only going to have a negative effect if you guys keep pushing it to be.

@chelly
i h8 u 100%
sorrynotsorry

jk.
when u jk but u not rlly jk.
jk im jk.

I respect your opinion and others - I just worry for people that will take this lark seriously.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm
@Bedlam wrote:

+ it's really no different then people who post art and get no feedback.
It's not like OTHER THAN THIS there is no way for someone to get discouraged.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm
The forum is just looking better and better each day tbh
Loving what you guys are doing (:

Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:04 pm
When I logged on and saw the reputations, I was like omgerdnoadmindidnotfinallymakeareviewsystemforartist/clientsomgeeeerrrdddd

But then I read the explanation thingy.

I think having a like button is...."cute", and I can definitely see the inevitable popularity contest, just like with the post counts in the beginning of this site. llol
I'll probably occasionally like posts with actual art in it from time to time, and leave it at that. IT's good for those silent people like myself, who stalk but don't talk.
Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:03 pm
I just hope an option to hide your reputation points as an 'opt out' is introduced soon, not that much of a fan of the whole reputation/like thing.
Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:06 pm
It's not going to be.
if you don't like the system then don't pay attention to it.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:27 am
@Chocobo wrote:
When I logged on and saw the reputations, I was like omgerdnoadmindidnotfinallymakeareviewsystemforartist/clientsomgeeeerrrdddd

But then I read the explanation thingy.

I think having a like button is...."cute", and I can definitely see the inevitable popularity contest, just like with the post counts in the beginning of this site. llol
I'll probably occasionally like posts with actual art in it from time to time, and leave it at that. IT's good for those silent people like myself, who stalk but don't talk.

I've never noticed the post count being a popularity contest? Maybe on April Fools you could say that, but that wasn't permanent and was a joke and only lasted a day.

In my opinion, I don't think it will make a popularity contest, I think it's nice for people to get extra recognition. It's been limited so that people do not abuse it and you have to think, it's still a novelty at the moment so people are paying more attention to it than they will in a month or so, when we're all used to it. Then, I believe that all likes will be genuine and not people liking for the sake of it but even if they do like for the sake of it, what's wrong with that? Someone getting a bit of recognition seems nice to me, I find it pleasant to see that I've got 6 reputation points, that means 6 people liked something I posted - and that's great to me. There isn't a reward for getting x number of reputation points, so people aren't going to strife for people to like their posts and to be honest, I think people are more bothered with selling and buying art on how good the art looks and how much they like it than by how many reputation points the person has.

I like the system, I don't think it has much of an effect on the site, I think it's just a nice added extra. You can choose to ignore it if you don't like it, it's not like it takes up much space.
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:32 am
I think what Chocobo is referring to is back in 2012 when we hadn't done much updating to the default forumotion stuff, your post count was visible under your name and it got really out of hand really fast.

Like for that it caused a lot of hassle for moderators because there was a lot of spam we had to clean up from people who just wanted to have a lot of posts.

Whereas if people abuse this, it's much harder to (because of the flood control which thanks to the people who abused it so I could turn it on) and I can also remove reputation easier when it does occur.

++

I'm hoping likes become incentives to people to actually visit the critique and pricing threads.
Because lately it's been very dead in there. If people who want critique could actually go out of their way to thank those that do it will convince them to actually leave some thus everyone benefits.

That's why you get +2 rep when a post of yours is liked in the critique and pricing section.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:11 am
This is probably a bad question,
But, why is everyone making a big deal? It is a like button it isn't a unicorn cyclopse cyborg.
Push it when you find a post funny, cute, or you like an art piece on it ig, I feel like people are making way too big of a deal over it. It isn't that big of a change ml. Just leave the dang button alone if you get a like congrats, if you don't, who cares? It is all in the eye of the beholder. I know this sounds cliche, but why does it matter how many likes you have? It doesn't mean squat didley (<That is still a phrase) if you don't. I don't care if you have 9870 likes, good for you? How many of them did you earn? Smh.

I just don't get why people make mountians out of mole hills. It is a like button get over it. It isn't like a whole new blog, same GASR, just a button you click. Nothing different from the like system on all social medias. On tumblr/twitter/facebook do you make a huge deal because someone liked/favorited/shared/retweeted your post? No. I bet you don't. And if you do... I don't know what to say.

It is just starting to get on my nerves about how people think the like system is so AMAZINGLY IMPORTANT. I bet no one even noticed some of the cool new form things because their faces are stuck up the dang like button all the time. It isn't anything new, I am pretty sure everyone has seen a like button in their life. If not you need to start living. Jk but I am sure everyone has seen a like button somewere. Maybe not on GASR but some were.

Sorry if I am coming off as a jerk but it is really annoying people are trying to break and mess the system up to prove a point about the like system being different. If you like something like it, if you don't, then pull a Thumper and don't say/do anything at all. Not hard. If You Don't Have Something Nice To Say, Don't Say Anything At All.
Idk what others think but that's my opinion.
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:53 am
^ That has already been repeated so many times though.
Each person chooses how to use the like button, this if they even choose to use it.
If they want to like their friends' posts, do it.
If they want to be popular over rep points, do it.
If they want to like the posts they actually like, do it.
If they want to make a huge deal out of it, do it.
It's there, it can be used, it won't be taken off, deal with it how you want.
On my opinion it's nice, I usually use it to like art that is made for me or simply art that I like.
I was afraid i'd turn into a popularity contest but people on GASR are grown up enough to know what is correct and what is not (or at least should know lol), and we basically decide what we're making out of it, so just keep being nice and peaceful and it should all stay the same, eventually you'll get used to it people

✿ Please feel free to contact me for any assistance regarding the issues listed in the
contact page or my profile!

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 pm
Thank you for clarifying @Bedlam. That is exactly what I was referring to. Damn, we've kinda been here a long time.  I forget sometimes that a lot of folks that are here now, weren't around when that was an issue.

Also, judging by Pey's response, I must have sounded like I didn't like the feature. That's not the case. I don't mind it at all, and expressly stated that I WOULD be using it. I just stated the facts, and the facts are that people like getting likes. It WOULD become a thing, which is exactly why there's a restriction on it in the first place. Why argue with me when Admin have already anticipated this? eue

Also, we're all fully aware of our options if we happen to like or dislike something. I'm pretty sure I can say with confidence that Admin welcome all feedback, positive and negative, as long as it's put forth politely.

happy posting.
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:07 pm
I have a feeling that soon,there will be 'like this if you agree' posts.

Like this if you agree.

Had to,sorry about this.
Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 pm
I like that the forum now has so much more user participation with the like button and the topic images. I was a bit skeptical about the like button, think "ohlawd it'll be like post count", but when I read more on it, I really like it. Is there any way to see who likes your posts?
Today at 11:06 am
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next