Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504018 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:04 am
basically don't be the shit that keeps asking people for reputation cos people will get tired of you asking 24/7

however, i do like the idea

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:14 am
^ Totes +1n this truth you speak Greed.

I know it will annoy me if people have in their siggys "+1 my posts" when the person who is liking the post, is the only one who has the right to make that decision themselves so no need to ask this be it through pm or siggy.

Don't be pushed into it you guys ;o don't be a sheep. I believe in you all
Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:23 am
Yeah there is no way to be notified when your posts gets liked / which one.

But you can see the likes on the post as numbers will pop up when someone's liked it.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:16 am
@Queen wrote:
I would just like to thank all my fans for getting me here today, 'cause without them I'd still be
that annoying b-tch who bothers kris all day

even w/ur rep points you'd still be that annoying bxtch who bothers me all day

but cool feature Tino chan, A+
nice to see we are finally getting the gasr rep feature plan into action!! HUZZAAAH

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:22 am
I realized u can't unlike something once u have liked it XD
Was testing that out for fun lol
Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:51 am
not bad
like it already

eue

@Saffire same, I was like 'ooo what's this' and liked an extremely irrelevant and random post so when I couldn't dislike I was like 'damn'
hope this feature doesn't show who liked what or else I would feel ultra stupid
or maybe that's just me trying to save my crappy-rep ass :')
Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:09 pm
meh.. I'm not gonna lie I don't like the idea so much.
there's people fishing for likes on every social media, no exception.
it's bound to happen sooner or later
+ what will reputation do besides boost some egos and bring others down?
I don't know :s

I agree it's a great idea for the critique section.. it could be very useful
but not so much for the rest of the forum.

and before someone says something about it
I DO appreciate the time and effort put into this forum, even if I don't like certain changes
I'm not ungrateful or bashing, just sharing my pov.
Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:44 pm
Well this idea was ripening up for quite a while and it should work out well, I believe.

For any comments made on people fishing for likes I must say that a lot of things can get troublesome in a place with many members, because you know... people. If we face any big troubles or something I am sure we can handle it. Just smackhoof them.

Moosey Blessings!

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:07 pm
at first i was a bit skeptical because i didn't see a point in this system, but i think it's a cute idea, seeing now we can like posts instead of comment and clutter the thread. so i think it's a nice idea for now.

hopefully it doesn't turn into a competition for likes.  
Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm
not trying to rub you guys the wrong way but the 'like' option isn't really that great of a change?

it's like you guys are making GASR more of a popularity contest than it already is, leading to lots of people fishing and fighting for likes. plus there should be an option to show or hide your rep points for those who don't exactly want to display their 'reputation' points.

kind of useless imo but oh well.

on the plus side, it's great that you guys are trying out different things to make gasr different from all the other forums, they seem boring in comparison.  

Last edited by Eaves on Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:14 pm
I really do like this whole like system and such.
But this is what I see when looking at someone's stats page on their profile.

I don't understand the need for the negative votes counts as we don't have a dislike button at all??
I'm guessing that the reputation box is just something of default by forumotion and will probably be edited later on, depending on if the system is kept permanently??
I'd just suggest changing what's displayed within it accordingly, based upon whatever features that GASR is actually using.  
+ I only see this reputation box on other people's profiles and not on my own?? Idk why that is.
Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:21 pm
@Eaves wrote:
an option to show or hide your rep points for those who don't exactly want to display their 'reputation' points.

^ I like this idea a lot, hopefully we can do something like this.

@Solaria
I don't see that on my profile or anyone else's that I've been to??
All I see is the usual standard stuff, I went through a few profiles to double check and I don't see that on anyones profiles.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:26 pm
Oh. To clarify on that, i dont see it on the actual profile pages but on the popup profile view?
Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:34 pm
I'm loving this like feature so far! Make the like button orange, maybe?
Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:41 pm
I'm iffy about this idea. I'm a very lurky person on this forum. I'm on pretty much all day even if I'm not posting. And I really don't want this to be a popularity contest. But I'm willing to give it a shot, and hey, it's already making me want to post more.
Today at 1:13 pm
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next