Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Breast Cancer Awareness
Oct 17, 2016 #event

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The event mods have created an event for everyone to show support to those who have been affected by breast cancer. Click here to join.

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24602 registered users
The newest registered user is Hopes

Our users have posted a total of 1501651 messages in 29061 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
2015-06-12, 9:37 am
So this is another feature we are going to test out, the ability to like posts.
To like a post you just have to click the button [ like ] underneath someone's post.

When you click that, the like button will turn grey and it will show one like on a post.

The user will also be granted +1 reputation~

Though not a incredibly necessary feature, it helps give a bit of a "reward" to artists who's shops you like, someone who helped you etc.

If you like a post in the critique + pricing forum, help forum or tutorial forum you get +2 reputation.

You can like a maximum of 40 posts per day.
And obviously you cannot like your own post.

If we find people abusing this system we will remove it.

Last edited by Administrator on 2015-07-01, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
2015-06-12, 9:59 am
So unfortunately I had to turn it off for the time being because the website that hosts it is down??
Like 2 seconds after I implemented the code LOL.

EDIT- I added the code to our javascript directly so it should be okay.

2015-06-12, 10:27 am
Host?  ;o  Does forumotion not host it?

I ask because hbad has this feature and idk if it'll
be good to keep the default on 'cause it has a dislike feature
as well and it shows who likes/dislikes so drama.
2015-06-12, 10:31 am
No it was a code created by some individual, that's usually how it goes since forumotion doesn't really put out that many great stuff LOL.

The default forumotion code includes the ability to dislike, but with this code it was removed.

You may be able to find something similar idk what kind of forum that one is (we're PHPBB2) I'm sure someone's made it.

2015-06-12, 10:36 am
Ye, it's on my to-do list to find something to remove the dislike.  The cool thing about it
is if someone were to ask a question and someone came to answer it, people could like
the post enough and it would be moved to the top of the first page underneath the main post.

Kind of like "best answer" or whatever they call it on q&a forums.  Buuuut, I like where it's
placed on here and I hope people have fun with it.

hopefully people don't abuse it and get it removed 'cause asshats man.
2015-06-12, 11:39 am
No wonder I was wondering what was going on and why is there a like button x.x
It'll be sad if reputation became a popularity thing tho D:
2015-06-12, 11:53 am
When is something not a popularity contest on here tho?

2015-06-12, 12:12 pm
To some degree it's inevitable, however if someone is obnoxious about it I can always bump them back to 0.

Plus we're also planning to use this system to reward active people and hopefully get more people posting more often.

2015-06-12, 12:38 pm
Is this also part of this change or no? Random people's posts being in colour.

I like this (no pun intended). I do wish the button were a bit smaller and centered, but I can deal with it as is.
2015-06-12, 12:53 pm
Omg, 1 reputation.  I am so honored holy crap.  I am so sorry, I don't
even have a speech prepared.

I would just like to thank all my fans for getting me here today, 'cause without them I'd still be
that annoying b-tch who bothers kris all day, and of course my parents, who don't exist, oh and
the god that I don't believe in.

+ Kia, I laughed at that pun way more than I'm willing to admit.
2015-06-12, 1:29 pm
@Kia wrote:
Is this also part of this change or no? Random people's posts being in colour.

I like this (no pun intended). I do wish the button were a bit smaller and centered, but I can deal with it as is.  

The button probably won't be looking like this for very long LOL.
Jen and I will work on the look of it.
We just wanted to test it out first before customizing it.

Anddd no that post change colour wasn't supposed to happen but I know why it did and I have fixed it.

2015-06-12, 2:31 pm
so
is there any way to know which of your posts got "liked" tho?
cause i dont think we're notified??
2015-06-12, 2:56 pm
If you make it an option to get notified for every time your post gets liked, I'm hoping there's an option to opt out of that as well, because I post a lot and my notifications already get cluttered by CERTAIN PEOPLE TAGGING ME IN POSTS COUGH.

But I'm just saying if. It might not even be possible.
2015-06-12, 3:06 pm
Dang I just checked and I have reputation points omgomg -hyperventilates- I feel loved! and I don't even know why, since we can't see which of our posts are liked right? XD

I don't think I want notifications for that though due to potential spam... but maybe something like a post history like you know how we can see "My posts" under the "Welcome xxx" button? Then maybe we can have a table telling u how many likes a particular post received maybe?

-edit- On second thought I'm not sure if I need to know which of my posts exactly do people like. Hmm.
2015-06-12, 4:00 pm
I like the concept of it, can be very useful and help support beginner artists and the like to encourage them that they're getting praised, just no comment since people can be too busy or something to comment saying hey it's cute etc. And what queen said with q/a or crit thread, going to be amazing with those dealios.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a big popularity contest and it's causing people to lose their confidence since they'll see someone with thousands of points in a small amount of time and it's just cause stalker people of artists are liking every post even though the artist isn't particularly active yet they get these "rewards" or something.

Just my two cents, I really hope this works out for the best though
Today at 8:18 pm
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next