Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24680 registered users
The newest registered user is aggrandize

Our users have posted a total of 1505843 messages in 29132 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 9:21
So if things like what Kia has are allowed, what is considered to be a homepage design that Jen mentioned isn't allowed? I'm just a bit confused on that now and would like a bit of clarification.
Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 9:24
Yeaaaah I think the word design is wrong for what we mean.
Basically any sort of coding format.
And like homepages that are devoid of art if that makes sense?

Fri 12 Jun 2015 - 9:26
Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification, Tino. That does make sense
Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 15:35
hmmmmmm it would be really cool tho if you guys could bring homepage design and codings here. it gets more market (same rules applied), more diversity and more stability for the people who wish to purchase something and they know where to find it. I have also a hard time to find people who are good at this.
Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 15:42
@Florentina wrote:
hmmmmmm it would be really cool tho if you guys could bring homepage design and codings here. it gets more market (same rules applied), more diversity and more stability for the people who wish to purchase something and they know where to find it. I have also a hard time to find people who are good at this.

I'm just gonna be blunt here with you mate, so excuse me if you don't fancy the straight-forward approach.

nO :U

we're trying to separate from imvu.
i think bringing that stuff here would just do the exact opposite.

not to mention all the forums that do do that sort of thing have so many theft issues/drama/etc., and I'd rather keep that all away from here.

there are so many other forums with that sort of thing anyways, so it's not as hard to find as you might think it would be, the real struggle is finding someone who don't steal/copy design/codes. GASR already handles a lot of theft issue w/o homepages involved, I can only imagine how much of a hassle it'd be if we brought all that other stuff here.

it's already been suggested in the past, and I don't see us bringing any of that here anytime soon or anytime in the far off future.

places you can search around for hp stuff are as follows though;
http://www.canvasforums.com/
http://hbadforum.proboards.com/
http://hsarforum.forumotion.com/
http://www.hpbdforum.com/
http://magniq.altervista.org/
http://www.such-style.com/
http://avatars.imvu.com/Ten

none of which i would personally recommend, but since you say you have troubles finding where to get layouts etc., those are some places i know of.

@Flix wrote:
I play too much league and I need jesus.

Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 17:04
I know Krist, that's why I'm dissapointed of these other forums, cause I have been on every each of them and well... they kinda are dead or did poor quality/job...
Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:58
Yeah we've always discussed the possibility but another problem is the admins of this forum are experts at art related things and even though Jen and I code, thats not enough expertise to be able to handle coding theft etc.

I don't think at least at the current time anyways it's something we will be adding to our forums.
We want to stay focused on the art side of things~

Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:28
Yikes, I think I have a very different meaning for "design." To me, design includes the organization and the aesthetics of the layout, which focuses on things like colors, graphics, etc. "Development," on the other hand, focuses on coding.

Here's a venn diagram of the two:
Spoiler:

Aside from the different understandings of the terms above, I will agree that on GASR...
- codes are not allowed (as usual)
- large artworks, such as avatar art and portraits, for homepages are allowed
- little graphics, such as headers, that go into layouts are allowed
- underlying images for layouts, such as what Kia linked, are allowed

If we were going with the definitions above, that would mean "designs" are allowed on GASR.

It might be a good idea for us to further elaborate on this rule in the Rules/Guidelines thread.

MY BAD, GUYS, FOR CAUSING CONFUSION.

Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:32
LOL I think the problem is me and Alexia were discussing this together when we were re-working the rules and didn't know the proper terms to use LOL

But yeah we mean like the underlying images are okay, so that does sorta fall under designs.
I might just copy+paste that list you made for the rules and re-write it slightly.

Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:35
LOL. I was going off of Jen's definition of design too at first xD But much thanks for all the clarification.
Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:39
Yeh sorry, I should have asked for clarification on what the rule meant before posting.

I guess another way to understand the difference between design and development is like so:
- If you're going to need programs like Photoshop, GIMP, or Sai--then it is considered a design
- If you're going to need a program like Dreamweaver--then it is under the category of development

+ Sounds good, Tino!!!!

Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:45
Well the rule shoulda been more clear in the first place LOL.

+

You can sell artwork to be used for homepages such as:
- Avatar art, portraits, headers, and backgrounds
- Underlying images for layouts [ click for an example ]

However the coding / formatting aspect of homepages are not to be sold here.

Updated rule.
I hope it's okay now LOL

Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:49
Yessss, I think it is a lot clearer now!!

Today at 23:54
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2