Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506273 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:12 am

TBH what Concorvo said. Lol.
Plus:
A lot of people say HP is shitty for some reason...Sometimes I think they say it because it sounds cool [lol]? I personally, have been doing well on my HP and I play Tera, Smite, League, Dota 2 and LOTR online...and it runs just fine. The graphics are still beaut. I have an HP pavilion 15 with Intel core i5, the aqua blue one that I upgraded to windows 8.1 via USB.. it works pretty well. I can use Sai, Photoshop and GIMP and it all runs swimmingly.. for me. I just pixel on GIMP so it's mostly for the gaming where it gets the most work out, I have almost a terabyte of space [908GB] on my computer alone then I still have my external hard drive which is a terabyte that I got on Newegg. I think it's definitely more important to look more at the specs of the computer itself since even within a brand each computer has slightly different specs. You have Toshiba, HP, Proline, Dell, Acer and Asus computers that all have the processing capacities and hard drive capabilities you'll need..Lol Plenty of options. At least on a windows you can run your games and other programs..so flexibility is always nice. I would pick getting mac specs without paying mac prices any day.

I don't remember when we got this laptop to be honest. I just know cost wise it was under 700, closer to 600 really. It's definitely not new anymore, it's at least a few years old. It first belonged to my brother but now it's mine. I like windows 8 lol when you figure out how to navigate it it is kind of convenient. ASUS is a little pricy, but they make beautiful machines. My first laptop in high school was an ASUS. I have a few friends who have Lenovo laptops for portable gaming and they are pretty nice, fast little machines. I'd get one, mainly the Y510 or Y40-80 like my friends. Whatever you pick, I agree with Concorvo, get an external hard drive! On the cheaper end maybe
You can get what you need for under a thousand dollars with enough searching. Under and around 800 with Asus, HP and lenovo if I remember correctly. So specs first then pick a brand lol

Except Alienware...so pricy though...so very pricy..lol and that's only because of it's purpose in general. It's just built to be hardcore aka gaming so brand pick all the way! XD

Last edited by Tiffany on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 pm
@Diffendoofer wrote:

+ fora - yeah hps arent bad my old laptop was hp but literally everyone i know told me its shitty
my hp laptop lasted me a LONG time LOL but i also feel like maybe the older hps are the better ones and the newer generations are the shitty ones? idk cause when i first bought my hp like 4 years ago it was the hype

If you get an older HP, it will last a long ass time, trust me. The newer ones are a bit shitty, but tolerable.
Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:19 pm
@tiffany - yeahh im deciding between the asus and lenovo model that kia (pure) offered
i have an external hard drive so i'll be backing everything probably every month once i get the new laptop
and not just on the external hard drive i'll probs back it up on a cloud too online OTL

and yeah alienware is like.. for gamers definitely LOL
but this youtuber i know uses the lenovo y50 and i know its not his main thing since he has a pc but he said it works pretty well and a good balance between game and work
i just dont want my dad to spend so much money i feel so bad cause he already has to pay for so much already LOL

but yeah i just dont like asus cause i think the xn555 whatever model is a touch screeen and my roommate has that and im sure theres a way to turn that off but i really dislike laptops that are so frikken skinny and that asus look like its thin as fuck and kahsdkajhd
idk why im so iffy about this i should just grab it BUT GOD
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:41 am
Personally I would go with the Lenovo!! :D between pricing and spec needs it's pretty much in the middle ground usually.  
Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:33 pm
Uh I'd go for the windows because gaming (like Sims) is easier by far and if I remember correctly, my friend who owns a mac says SAI doesn't work on macs anyway- or it hardly works. Something like that.

Also I personally don't think Acer or HP are that shit seeing as I've had both (currently on Acer) but I've had other a couple of the brands which are pretty good too??
Acer is probably my best so far LOL but either way I literally say just go for Windows
Never had a mac but I've used one before temporarily and nope- not as good.

eue

edit: I just read the recent posts OTL
but yeah lenovo/older hp/acer for me
only problem with my acer is that the sound isn't as loud as my old hp (which lasted 4 years)
but I doubt sound affects your drawing and if you use earphones or something it's fine

I know you arent considering it but either way, hp pavilion g6 was shit to game on for me so yep but other than that it was a decent laptop?
Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:28 am
yeah ive decided on the lenovo! they have this great deal online which is kinda iffy but whatever yolo i suppose haha

thanks a lot for all the comments and replies guys! really helped a LOT. and i really mean a lot.
thanksss xoxo
Today at 8:17 pm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2