Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

New Moderators Needed
Feb 19, 2017 #moderators

We are in need of new moderators! Applications are open for a Contest Mod and Technician. Click here for more information. The deadline to send applications is March 4.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

New Years Event
Jan 5, 2017 #event

We are looking into making some collages that feature artwork, pixels, and screenshots from 2016. These collages will be featured on GASR's social media. If you are interested in submitting your favorite works from 2016, please click here. The deadline to submit art is January 15, 2017.

Xmas Charity - Begin Donations
Dec 11, 2016 #event

It's the season of giving and what could be better than giving to those who are most in need? In order to help others celebrate the holidays we'd like for all of GASR to come together and help donate money to those who are less fortunate and to help put a smile on a child's face this year! Click here to donate. The deadline to donate is December 20.

Artist of the Moment

GUROE

Visit my shop View my bio

Hi, I'm Kori. I joined GASR in 2014 and have grown to love the community and people here. I'm a self taught hobby artist but I've liked to draw and paint ever since I can remember. I didn't get into using a tablet till a few years ago- and I love it. My family has always been a really big supporter in whatever I do, so I hope to continue and make it a more serious thing. I believe there's always room for me to improve so that's what I plan to do.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 25945 registered users
The newest registered user is guysart

Our users have posted a total of 1556486 messages in 30035 subjects

GASR Time

Sun May 31, 2015 8:59 pm
So, for all you United States artists who sell art online and make a reasonably good profit, how are you dealing with yearly tax forms? Do you put down your income made from GASR, and other online art sales? Are online art sales considered self-employment?

Lazy roll
Sun May 31, 2015 9:38 pm
They're considered self-employment if you register through the government as self-employed.  If not, they would be counted as "Other earnings" on tax forms at the end of the year.

The only time you would have to report earnings from them is if you make more than $600/year from art sales, which is $50 a month if you're consistant. I think that limit is raised slightly if you're registered as self-employed, I'll look into that shortly just in case.

Now making a few dollars over that isn't a big deal, but if someone was making a substantial profit and did not claim it on their taxes, worst case scenario is that they're audited.  If you have your funds transferred to your bank account, they can view that ask you where the income is coming from.  You can tell them the truth and maybe get a small fine for not providing accurate income information, or you can lie and get a hefty fine and maybe have to go to court for tax evasion.

I honestly don't think too many people have to worry about this considering the average most people charge for their art isn't a whole lot.
Sun May 31, 2015 9:42 pm
@Seriously: Thank you for the thorough response. This stemmed mainly out of curiosity.
Sun May 31, 2015 9:45 pm
No problem.  It's always good to have the information.  A lot of people on IMVU don't realize they've not been filing their taxes properly by not including the income they earn from product and art sales.  Some of these people make thousands of dollars a month.  That's a main reason why the IRS is breathing down IMVU's neck right now.
Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 pm
@Seriously: Exactly, which is why I have been concerned as of late.
Page 1 of 1