Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

TOUHOU

Visit my shop View my bio

I'm a self taught artist/editor and was once an Instagram blogger but now I spend most of my times on IMVU doing DP art and maintaining a steady # of orders from various amazing people! One of my best accomplishments was winning 1st place locally in a Japanese Quiz Bowl in my state and won a chance to compete nationally against other states in Washington D.C. and so here I am still embracing my studies in Japanese although sometimes people think I look or am Japanese because I'm Asian haha. My favorite things are Anime, Utaite, Vocaloid, KPop, Fashion (especially Minimalism and Harajuku), Video Games, and Aesthetic Art :)

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24643 registered users
The newest registered user is SinfullyBeats

Our users have posted a total of 1504023 messages in 29106 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:28 pm
I'm sure you've realized, but if you haven't there is now a forum for Premade Shops only!

We are hoping this will make buyers have a better time if they are clearly looking only for premades or for customs.

The premade market will remain for those who do not wish to make a permanent premade shop (and maybe only make a couple of premades but do not want it to be a constant permanent thing).

I will list you through some of the major changes.

• If you plan on making a lot of premades, then we suggest that you make a permanent premade shop rather than posting in the premade market.

• Premades will not be allowed to be sold in custom shops.
    You can though post in your thread saying "I've created a new premade here" but we want to keep these things separate to avoid confusion for buyers.

• This has currently been changed to help make the transitional phase a bit easier on people.
    Please view this thread to understand how premades will be allowed in your custom shop.
  • The Premade Market now has a form you must use every time you post there.
  • Another big change - there is also a size limit on the preview image you can post in the premade market (500 x 500 pixels) anyone who does not follow this will have their post deleted.

This will make the market easier to load!

For more detailed guidelines please refer to the thread I spent all evening working on.

What Moderators Can Do to Help

• If you need one of your premade shops moved please post your shop link here so we can move it to the correct forum.
  • If you have a post dedicated to premades in your shop and you no longer require it we moderators can simply delete that post.
  • We can also split your topic
    Meaning we can take your post dedicated to premades and make it into a new topic for you if you want to make another shop.

(so long as you give us the topic name you want for your premade shop)

Thank you so much for reading!

- Bedlam

Last edited by Bedlam on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:24 am; edited 7 times in total
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:01 pm
I was wondering if you could do a sub-forum for livestreams/join-mes. It really annoys me while browsing through shops, randomly clicking on livestream and join me thingies. They just don't fit in the same place D:
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm
Areti wrote:
I was wondering if you could do a sub-forum for livestreams/join-mes. It really annoys me while browsing through shops, randomly clicking on livestream and join me thingies. They just don't fit in the same place D:

That is always something that we could do in the future possibly.
@D@

+ maybe one for screenshots too.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 pm
yess
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:07 pm
Hm :/ i dont really like the idea of us not being able to post premades in our shop
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:10 pm
Well even though you won't be able to just sell them from your shop you can always post in your shop "hey I got a new premade here for sale".

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 pm
Oh, good.

At first, I thought. "IMVU-ESQUE TYRANNY!"

But then I read this and saw the purpose for the changes, and then I was like, "Nevermind. >u> S'aaaaall good." hmmm
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:52 pm
im going to say what i honestly think, your suppost to be replicating gasr and your inforcing rules that are nothing like gasr use to be we use to be able to do what we want with our own shops. We use to be able to posts premades in our shops cause i personally know alot of people who buy from me but dont look in gasr. so this is just making it harder for us to sell. im sorry but this is just how i feel on the subject.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm
Peeta wrote:
Hm :/ i dont really like the idea of us not being able to post premades in our shop
Neither do I
The subforum is a nice effort to make everyone happy I suppose but some of us don't want to bother with dragging our premades to an entirely separate forum when we could just sell in our own shops or in the premades market.
I appreciate the efforts and understand the issues with people bending the rules but prohibiting us from selling premades in our shops and telling us to "get used to it" doesn't seem...Idk. it's just unseemly mmkay. (Dunno what I just said but whatever)
Yami love you all and likes that you're trying to make things delicious around here but I dont want to be forced to sell my themed premades outside of my shop. M'sorry.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm
Peeta wrote:
im going to say what i honestly think, your suppost to be replicating gasr and your inforcing rules that are nothing like gasr use to be we use to be able to do what we want with our own shops. We use to be able to posts premades in our shops cause i personally know alot of people who buy from me but dont look in gasr. so this is just making it harder for us to sell. im sorry but this is just how i feel on the subject.

Actually no we never intended this forum to replicate GASR. Otherwise we'd contact the IMVU staff whenever we had a problem, do nothing about art theft, not allow auctions, not allow general art talk, not allow people to buy art using paypal etc etc etc.

We had a topic asking whether it would be a good idea to separate premade shops and 64% voted yes.
It's not like Alexia and I pulled this decision out of nowhere.

It will take some getting used to.
And I know it might suck to make two separate threads that's why we are keeping the premade market so people who do not wish to make another shop have the option to still sell their premades.

I don't expect everyone to be happy about it, I know if I sold premades I probably wouldn't be.
But in time, hopefully this will be a better option vs. the alternative messy premade market.

If everyone hates me and starts bringing pitchforks and trys to burn down my house then who knows maybe it will change back.

I'm not going to enforce something that everyone hates.
I just hope you have a bit of respect for me because I have literally devoted hours to typing out and organizing this to at least give it a chance.

That is all.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm
@Bedlam wrote:
Peeta wrote:

Actually no we never intended this forum to replicate GASR. Otherwise we'd contact the IMVU staff whenever we had a problem, do nothing about art theft, not allow auctions, not allow general art talk, not allow people to buy art using paypal etc etc etc.

We had a topic asking whether it would be a good idea to separate premade shops and 64% voted yes.

And I know it might suck to make two separate threads that's why we are keeping the premade market so people who do not wish to make another shop have the option to still sell their premades.

I don't expect everyone to be happy about it, I know if I sold premades I probably wouldn't be.
But in time, hopefully this will be a better option vs. the alternative messy premade market.

If everyone hates me and starts bringing pitchforks and trys to burn down my house then who knows maybe it will change back.

I just hope you have a bit of respect for me because I have literally devoted hours to typing out and organizing this to at least give it a chance.

That is all.
i just feel like your kinda ruining the purpose of the form, to have FUN and sell premades we were ALLOWED to before. not everyone wants to do it that way. it's not fair to inforce a rule that not everyone will like its why theyre was a option before.
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:06 pm
Peeta wrote:
@Bedlam wrote:
Peeta wrote:

That is all.
i just feel like your kinda ruining the purpose of the form, to have FUN and sell premades we were ALLOWED to before. not everyone wants to do it that way. it's not fair to inforce a rule that not everyone will like its why theyre was a option before.

Well not everyone likes to sell authentic art either and likes that rule but it's one we enforce regardless.
Rules are not enforced because they are meant to be liked by everyone.
I wish that was how the world worked but unfortunately it is not.

I was kind of on the fence about the whole matter of still allowing people to sell the occasional premade in their shop I just don't want to see so much overlap (people selling customs in their premade shop).

Can you see where the problem arises?

If you have a better suggestion of how to solve this problem, please let me know.

Again, I'd really like it if you at least gave it a chance before shooting it down.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 pm
Inspiros wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Neither do I
The subforum is a nice effort to make everyone happy I suppose but some of us don't want to bother with dragging our premades to an entirely separate forum when we could just sell in our own shops or in the premades market.
I appreciate the efforts and understand the issues with people bending the rules but prohibiting us from selling premades in our shops and telling us to "get used to it" doesn't seem...Idk. it's just unseemly mmkay. (Dunno what I just said but whatever)
Yami love you all and likes that you're trying to make things delicious around here but I dont want to be forced to sell my themed premades outside of my shop. M'sorry.

I know the feeling and it does kind of suck.
I'd like to mention that this idea does not have to remain permanent.
We're testing it out to see if it works.

To be honest, most of the moderation team is on the fence about the matter.
It's not like we all know for sure that this is the best thing to do.

The problem is just the thread overlaps.
If we allow premades to be sold in custom shops then why not customs in premade shops?
Then it slightly defeats the whole purpose of having two separate threads.

You can see where the problem is.
Even though I personally wouldn't have a problem with people having a section in their custom shop.

ALSO: this is where the premade market comes in to help you.

You can post your premades in that thread in order to get rid of them.
And you can post in your custom shop (hey everyone I have a premade here for sale check it out)

Finally, you can create two threads but make it appear to be one shop.

This is how I explained it to someone:

Quote :
Create two threads call one

Void v.1 - Custom Icons (in the custom shops)
Vod v.2 - Premade Icons (in the premade section)

Then on the first post of an "index" saying click here to view premades and click here to view customs.

When they click that they will be linked to the proper thread and the post in that thread that corresponds to either premades or customs.

That way you have in fact two shops but that seem like they are in fact one and they are pretty much stuck together.

For the moment this is the best solution I personally can come up with.
But I am open to change.

I'm not a dictator and if everyone really hates it I will not enforce it.
But I hope people will give it a chance.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm
I am not sure where it was posted that the new GASR is supposed to be replicating old GASR from IMVU. If anything, our primary goal is to make the new GASR better than the old GASR ever was. The purpose of the new premade thread is to keep mass amounts of premades out of the premade market in order to limit the amount of clutter in there. Cleaning up that thread had always been a nightmare, so this is simply a new way to organize premade artwork for our users. Let's say for example you are in the process of making 3-5 premades and you intended to sell them in the premade market. Rather than doing that, you will just have a separate shop dedicated to your premades in the premade sub-forums and customers can keep tabs on that shop to ensure they are notified whenever you post a new premade for sale. Think of all the premades that have ever been lost in the pages of the old premade market that never get sold because buyers cannot find them due to the mass amounts of spam/over-posting of the same premades over and over again.

Keeping premades shops separate will also help with cutting down on theft. We used to have to sift through page after page of premades in the old premade market to ensure that our users would be enjoying a safe buying experience, so this way it's a lot more organized and easy/quicker to prevent a possible sale of stolen art.

And it's like Bedlam said,

Quote :
If you have both premades and customs in your shop please think over if you want to create another shop specifically for premades or will just post them in the premade market whenever you make one.

So it's not completely necessary to create an entirely separate premade shop, but it is highly encouraged so that you can experience it yourself first hand. Then you can be the judge if it's truly more organized, profitable, etc. Really, what we want to do is test it out and see if it was worth doing. And also just like Bedlam said,

Quote :
If this is a total failure, we can always delete the premade thread and move topics back but I'm sure in time you will get used to it and appreciate the organization.

All we ask is that you give this idea a chance since we've all come to this decision as a group to hopefully further enhance our GASR users' experience.

Plushie made with KH plushie maker

"It's not like you come over and you're like; oop, that's my style.
cmon; in my bag you go, adventure!" -Alexia

I'm in Germany now, so I apologize for any delays if you've sent me a message from the US 
Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:27 pm
Thank you Hikaru, you word that much better than myself.

Today at 3:18 pm
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next