Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

[IMPORTANT] YOUR ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED
Mar 18, 2017 #announcement

Recently Mar and Queen have been deleting accounts that have been inactive (0 Posts) for a long time in order to lower the size of the forum and price for the Ad free. If you are an active member of the forum and received an email saying your account has been deleted, click here for further information.

Update on Mod Team
Mar 17, 2017 #update

We are happy to announce our previous admin, @Capsule, has decided to come back to the mod team!! Click here to read.

New Moderators + Reassignment
Mar 13, 2017 #update

Our new mods have been announced! Congratulations to Fervent and Softe on becoming Event Coordinators, and to Queen on becoming our new Technician! Also, congratulations to Cern on becoming a Global Moderator! Click here for more information.

What to expect from GASR in the next few months
Mar 12, 2017 #update

We have some changes planned for the GASR community! Click here to read.

St. Patrick's Day Emote Contest
Mar 3, 2017 #event

Ireland’s national holiday tradition includes a chance to ponder and celebrate what it means to be Irish, wearing green, drinking Irish ale, and looking for leprechauns! Click here to join. The deadline to enter is March 17.

GASR Mascot Contest
Jan 8, 2017 #event

As a community we’ve come to realize that GASRForum does not have an official mascot! If you have an idea for our mascot, please help us out! The deadline to submit a mascot is January 29.

Artist of the Moment

AOTM

Visit my shop View my bio

Artist of the Moment will continue April 1st. Please click here for more information.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 18117 registered users
The newest registered user is DuCirque

Our users have posted a total of 167668 messages in 2911 subjects
Poll
What do you think of the new features?
Keep Both
75%
 75% [ 30 ]
Remove Both
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Keep Emojis / Remove Discord Widget
13%
 13% [ 5 ]
Keep Discord Widget / Remove Emojis
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

GASR Time

Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 pm
Hello people of GASR. I feel extremely stupid because before I knew how to convert credits to money and vice versa, but I completely forgot how. Please help me(I know that 1k=$0.40). I use a calculator to do this, so like do you divide o.4 by the number of credits to get the money value or divide by 0.4(ex: 4*0.4= $1.60 OR 4/0.4=$10.00)? Same on how to convert money to credits? Thank you for anyone that helps.
Not sure if want
Thu May 28, 2015 10:37 pm
first example equation you had is correct [ 4*.4=$1.60 ]

"do you divide o.4 by the number of credits to get the money value or divide by 0.4"
neither of these are correct

basically what I'm gonna tell you is to

1. take off the thousands in your credits before you convert from credits to USD,
  2. and then multiply by .4,
  3. so basically if you've got 12,000 credits, make it 12*.4 and you'll get $4.80, same applies to if you've got 287,000 credits, make it 287*.4 and you'll get $114.80.

as for $ to credits I can't help you there.
but I feel like if there's anyone who would be able to help you it'd probably be @Seriously
Fri May 29, 2015 12:28 am
/rolls in

Everything Krist said is awesome and the simplest way to convert from credits to cash.  

Just drop the 0's and multiply it by .4 and you get your numbers. Here is a small list for example.

Conversions: ($USD)

Credits > Cash
1k = 0.40
5k = 2.00
10k = 4.00
25k = 10.00
50k = 20.00
100k = 40.00
etc.

Because resellers are no longer a thing, the only way to buy credits without breaking the imvu TOS (and possibly receiving disciplinary action up to and including having your account permanently disabled) is to buy credits from them directly.  There is no way around it, the price is a solid $1 per 1k credits.  

There shouldn't be a need to convert cash to credits any other way unless you were risking getting them from other users, in which the conversion would be the same, only switched.

Cash > Credits ($USD)
0.40 = 1k
2.00 = 5k
4.00 = 10k
10.00 = 25k
20.00 = 50k
etc.

Like I said, the only legitimate way to buy/receive credits through a cash transaction is straight through IMVU.  Any risk you take breaking their TOS in order to obtain credits at a cheaper rate is on you, and if you are scammed out of money/credits, no one can do anything for you.  

Taken from their TOS:

"IMVU may allow for free exchange of some, all, or none of its Credits via third parties, but IMVU does not assume any responsibility associated with your transactions with such third parties. IMVU is the sole owner of Credits, and as such, retains all intellectual property rights affiliated with ownership. You acknowledge that at no time do you own, nor have any right to, the intellectual property affiliated with Credits. You are hereby prohibited from reselling or distributing Credits without the expressed written consent of IMVU."

Hopefully that helped.  

flower
Page 1 of 1