Gasrforum
HomeLandingContactStaffMemberlistSend creditsRegisterLog in

GASR News

Winter Scavenger Hunt
Dec 5, 2016 #event

Our winter scavenger is out! Click here to join the hunt. This event runs from Dec 6-20.

Xmas Charity Volunteers
Nov 28, 2016 #event

It's almost time for our annual GASR Xmas Charity Event, and we are in need of volunteers who would be willing to make artwork for GASR's donors. If you are interested, please click here to sign up. The deadline to become a volunteer is Dec 10.

GASR Secret Santa
Nov 14, 2016 #event

It's time for GASR's annual holiday event: the Secret Santa gift exchange! Get your hot cocoa to marshmallow ratio perfect and your mistletoe hung up because it's time to get those art gifts wrapped and under the tree for a happy holiday surprise. Click here to join the fun, and make sure to sign up before the 25th of November!

Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Oct 29, 2016 #event

It's about to get spooky with the Halloween scavenger hunt! Put on your masks, makeup, and your witch hats because everyone can join! Young, old, artist, non-artist, passer-by, moose, potatoes, or any living or my favorite… non-living may join. Click here to join the fun. This event lasts from Oct 31st - Nov 14th. Check out the cool prizes!

Artist of the Moment

Tarte

Visit my shop View my bio

I have been an artist on gasr for almost 5 years now, It took me so long to get to where I am now, and I am still learning. I'm currently a intern for makeup, still in school and have a part time job. Art has always been apart of my heart and it always was that "stress reliever" whenever i needed it. I have been into arts since the 5th grade once I started to draw on pencil and paper, and in 8th grade I found digital art and the amazing art of makeup. When I grew older, I found that art was all about me and I wanted to succeed in it. Many friends supported me in trying to work harder, many people helped me get to where I am now. Without art, I have no clue what id be doing. I enjoy seeing people's faces light up after I finish a piece or after im done beautifying their "imperfections". THAT inspires me.

Online Staff

Staff Status Updates

STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS
STATUS

Statistics

We have 24698 registered users
The newest registered user is TixelDoll

Our users have posted a total of 1506270 messages in 29137 subjects

GASR Time

Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm
Persephone's Updates

Fall 2016

Below are the scheduled times I am away for class or work:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

9am-11am
2pm-4:15pm (5 on Fridays)

Tuesday, Thursday
8am-9am
11am-2pm
4-5pm (Tuesdays)

Last edited by Persephone on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:11 pm; edited 31 times in total
Wed May 20, 2015 2:43 pm
May 20th:

I am online pretty much all the time.
Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:26 am
June 3: Name change from Kore to Persephone. I'm still around. :)

Also started back at work this past week, but I'm still constantly online and checking inbox, so please be patient if I do not respond immediately.
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:06 pm
July 17

My home wifi is down. It will be between 1-2 days before it is fixed hopefully since it is our dish. I am currently using my phone with my 3G, so I am very limited. Please contact another available moderator for the next few days while I get my wifi fixed.
Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm
July 21, 2015: My wifi is now fixed, and so I m back!
Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:20 am
August 12-August 15, 2015

From the afternoon today until Saturday evening, I will be sparse. I am leaving for Washington, DC in the morning (as it is currently midnight here), and well be spending about 3 days there with me coming home on Saturday. During this time, I may or may not have internet as my hotel charges $13/day for wifi, and I am planning to be going all over the city to explore. I would highly recommend PMing other moderators during this time as I will likely not be at my laptop most of the time to solve anything beyond simple requests such as delete/lock/bring back shops on my mobile.
Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:08 pm
August 15th:

Back from vacation! I'm back to the usual eternal lurking in between work and sleep, so feel free to contact me. I'm online periodically, so I'm sure to catch it here or if I check my email for PM alerts.
Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm
September 7, 2015:

Some of you may be aware that I have been sick the past couple weeks. I am still checking PMs, but working a bit slower due to that. I have had back-to-back infections with a total of 22 days of antibiotics straight I must take (12 completed so far). Please be patient with all contact. Authentic Artist review is still going on, and we do have a number being examined at the moment. Hopefully, I will be back to full-force shortly!
Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:39 pm
September 10, 2015:
After a few days of taking it easier, I'm back to being on for hours on end at various times throughout the day.
Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:15 pm
October 1, 2015:
I'm starting fall break, and will be traveling tomorrow to a friend's home to spend the break with him. Due to not knowing how his internet is as well as having bad weather coming that could affect power, I will be on limited availability until I return sometime on Tuesday. I will be checking my email and keeping track of PMs I receive, but may be a bit slow depending on whether or not internet/power works.
Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 pm
November 5, 2015

I recently just joined the Admins, and so I can now handle a lot more on the forum. I am still easing into the role and will eventually be able to do more things, but I can now handle things such as account settings. I'm happy for this promotion and to be able to help even more!

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:58 am
November 25, 2015

Fall semester is winding to a close, and with that I am being overwhelmed by papers, exams, and family. To help ease some of this stress, I am taking a brief hiatus so that I can focus on knocking out my finals. During this time (November 25-December 12), I will be away from GASR and unavailable to answer any messages that I receive during this time period. I would highly recommend messaging other moderators during this time in order for situations to be handled in a timely manner.
Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:39 am
January 20, 2016

I live in a rural area, and snow can hit us pretty hard. Currently, my area is under a winter storm watch until January 24th, and they are estimating we will get between 12 and 24 inches. The last time we had a storm similar to this one, my power was out for a week. I will likely be offline until my power returns or I find a way to make it to a city. Because of this, I will be on limited availability starting on January 22. I will log in to answer messages and do tasks while I have time and power; however, be aware that I may be slow to respond.
Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 pm
February 16, 2016

Hey, guys! So, school started back up recently. I'm taking a fairly heavy course load, and I'm finding that my art classes are taking up a large portion of my time. Topped with some wifi issues at home still being looked in to, I've mainly been getting on while I am at my college. I am still around, but I am just slow to respond since I am mainly getting online between classes while I am at school. I am staying after a bit later in order to update things.

This mainly affects my weekends right now since those are the times I am not on campus at any time (unless I drive an hour to use the wifi). I may log in on weekends, but it won't be for long periods of time, so please be aware that any messages after around 4 or 5 on Friday may not be answered until Monday.
Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:38 pm
April 18, 2016

So, it's been a bit since my last update, and I've had a ton happen in that short time.

My main reason is that my home wifi is absolutely horrendous. I have been relying on my campus wifi in order to complete most of my school assignments and get research done because anything heavy (especially images) tends to completely stall my wifi connection. I've been doing as much as I can through my mobile phone; however, I don't have a lot of 3g between my family's phones, so I cannot do this often. I'm hoping that I will find a way to get more stable wifi, but I'm in limbo until then.

Other Stuff Happening that is not as important (unless you are curious) and a little bit ranty:

I've tried my hardest to be active past and present, and will continue to get online every opportunity that I can; however, please understand that I may be slow until I get some issues worked out between lack of wifi and real life. Those who know me well know that it really bugs me to not be providing constant, 24/7 support like I have done in the past, but I need to slow down for a while in order to get some things stabilized. Once I figure out at least the wifi issue, I will be able to give a better schedule, and I should be more active/faster, but until then, I'm at the mercy of my offline schedule.
Today at 9:13 pm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next